• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italian surgeon just gave a rat a second head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonz

59a9f7dc617e231d597ca34f9ea62fcd73d1101b_hq.jpg

Nabbis

Animal experiments are done in aid of real human medicine, with clearly defined goals building upon a body of previous research. It can be argued that because human head transplants are not considered a viable medical procedure, these experiments are just unethical and ghoulish.

I very much doubt he will succeed and i don't think he is doing it for more than some feeling of fame. But the critters are a necessary sacrifice if you want to speed up progress and this is not the line in the sand that im going to draw, regardless of chances of success as long as it's possible to derive some scientific knowledge out of it. The Russian guy is volunteering for this with no coercion.

FoxSpirit

Animal experiments are done in aid of real human medicine, with clearly defined goals building upon a body of previous research. It can be argued that because human head transplants are not considered a viable medical procedure, these experiments are just unethical and ghoulish.
There will be an attempt, I think later this year. That will be a weird thing.
Possible that some of the findings of this will be used. Still, the humanist in me goes wide eyed while the scientist nods grimmly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom