• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's 2017 Nintendo, why you can't you do basic online

Bit-Bit

What are yall crying about? I was able to go into the eshop on both mine and my wife's switch to download Splatoon first thing this morning.

The online play has been great so far. Matches start fast and everything runs with no lag.

LordOfChaos

What was that story about that contractor who was referencing PSN and XBL features, and the people from Nintendo asked him to stop referencing them because they didn't use them...

They don't live in a Kyoto bubble, they live in a Nintendo bubble.

I can see the staff discussing online stuff:

- OK let's make an app for voice chat.

- Really? It's 2017! This is baffling.

- Nah, we are Nintendo, we don't need to build top notch hardware and awesome network structure.

- What? Are you nuts?

- In the end Mario, Link, and the rest of the crew will save us. Sales won't suffer anyway.

- You're pretty much right. Let's do it.

I can see the staff discussing online stuff:

- OK let's make an app for voice chat.

- Really? It's 2017! This is baffling.

- Nah, we are Nintendo, we don't need to build top notch hardware and awesome network structure.

- What? Are you nuts?

- In the end Mario, Link, and the rest of the crew will save us. Sales won't suffer anyway.

- You're pretty much right. Let's do it.

These are the moments that reminded me that at its core, Nintendo is a toy company that exists in an increasingly tech based industry.

Kouriozan

Maybe they are just that bad and absolutely can't do this, multiple gen should have told us that.

So they partnered with DeNA to manage the online infrastructure and somehow it's even worse.

Maybe they are just that bad and absolutely can't do this, multiple gen should have told us that.

So they partnered with DeNA to manage the online infrastructure and somehow it's even worse.

Wii U was the first console to feature all games released at retail and digital simultaneously from day 1. They have done pre-loading on both Wii U and 3DS for quite some time already.

The only thing they really manage to fail over and over is voice and text communication.

*Guys wait until we have the information we don't know how it will work*
*How about you stop being so negative and wait to try it out yourself*
*Yes it looks bad now but Nintendo won't just leave it in this state it's going to improve"
*Who cares anyway it doesn't effect me and I never cared anyway!*
*Next Console/Handheld will surely improve on this!*

This cycle of madness continues every Nintendo system it seems.

And it applies to every other issue Nintendo has too.

I love how some Metroid game from 2005 or so had a better online system than anything they release nowadays. They actually keep regressing by always taking two steps back for each one forward.

ngower

Don't Sony's servers crash weekly? There are valid criticisms of Nintendo's online platform, but their servers crashing because people are trying to buy a popular game seems like a silly critique, in my opinion.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't Sony's servers crash weekly? There are valid criticisms of Nintendo's online platform, but their servers crashing because people are trying to buy a popular game seems like a silly critique, in my opinion.

if you haven't noticed the thread has become more of a parody especially with a user's appearance

...at least I hope so

I mean, I hate it too, but on my experience everything online doesn't work at launch.

Yup. Every time a new game from DICE is released, it will barely work for the first week. Diablo 3 had major issues for days. People couldn't even play single player due to no offline play.

Top Bottom