• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's crazy to believe this is possible

Yeah, i get ya - i have lunch at my desk and i take no formal breaks... but also browse GAF when i should be doing productive stuff...

LOL Browsing GAF is something that I have to do a little at work since I have two boys at home who take up all my time when there. I have to stay current on all gaming news. :)

Kureransu

And it is happening soon.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is right around the corner, and I am getting it shipped at my work place, alongside others to play it there Friday.

Discussing with a coworker, it just hit me how I will actually be able to play Mario Kart 8 at work, as I've done with breath of the wild during lunch break - but there's more.

We have about 8 switch owners at work, and getting MK8D. It is crazy than in a matter of days, we will be able to get together at the table, with 8 switches and have a full blown tournament. Just like that with no hassle, or simply challenge anyone on the go by sharing a joy con.

It boggles my mind really. Full blown console Mario Kart 8, at work, playing locally together, and having tournaments, races, battle mode and the like.

It's crazy, I couldn't be more excited.

Friend code:

SW-6188-0130-1440

i'll be doing the same (with only 2 players though lol, my job only consists of 7 people)
SW-1565-2484-2415

edit:
No one else at my work plays videogames.

Friend code:

Ummmmm i think that might be your system's serial number lol

Me and another coworker have a switch and we're bringing them in to do some Mario kart multiplayer with 4 ppl hopefully. I think I'm wireless only 2ppl per switch split screen?

We might have more switches if ppl could find it

That sounds awesome, but you gotta admit, this is a tiny bit funny.

untitledo0b1d.jpg

ASIS

What a time to be alive

Though I remember playing 8-player MKDS during grade school with one cartridge.
Exactly.
It's not different from what I did 10 years ago.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't appreciate the feature, but why does the Switch give the "wow" factor to something that many people already did.

Max_Po

Banned
Another thread, I can use a portable console at work to play a 3 year old game during lunch.

Yea, all the previous portables not matter.

PSP, Vita, DS, 3DS ...

THANKS NINTENDAAAAA

The problem with ds and 3ds is it's a one person ordeal. Most of my coworkers don't play games at all and don't need to buy anything and could play games on the switch.. we have been doing 5 player bomberman .

Mihos

Gold Member
I clicked on the title thinking I would see something I couldn't believe was possible or that hasn't been happening for decades.... I want my money back

BasilZero

Did this with n64 with coworkers at our workplace - we have a game room with arcades, tv , xbox360 , n64 and a ps4 😂

I sometimes think you guys wait for someone to come by with a happy parade and you take that as your chance to be all like "not on my watch" and start grabbin hoses.

Hey, I like the Switch, I just though the juxtaposition between "the future" and friend codes was funny.

You mean this?

PSP-vs-DS-wars-early-days_o_57230.jpg
I was really down on the DS back when it and the PSP launched, and I shared this too many times to count (not here, probably on IGN or some other forum.)

Edit: and I mean damn Ridge Racer and WipEout Pure were excellent launch games, so I don't blame myself TOO much.

Top Bottom