• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's rather unfortunate how streaming games has become a beggar's paradise...

I guess all these entertainers are beggars

Basically, yes, but I do think it's a stretch to call streamers 'entertainers'.

Equating streamers to real entertainers is like saying a home video of a six year old kid strumming clumsily on a guitar is basically the same as watching Radiohead perform live.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I didn't say it was easy. I said it was like panhandling. Some beggars on the street work very hard to be entertaining and earn their money, but it's still not a real job. The big difference is, I generally have more respect for people begging in the street. Twitch streamers who expect to get money are entitled babies. I wish that they would shut down the monetization completely.

:) Very true.

Basically, yes, but I do think it's a stretch to call streamers 'entertainers'.

Equating streamers to real entertainers is like saying a home video of a six year old kid strumming clumsily on a guitar is basically the same as watching Radiohead perform live.

+1 to everything you said! Couldn't agree more. So many people are not getting Arthr2ShdsJcksn's point.

Top Bottom