• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it's that time again, Lineage 2 anybody?

AntoneM

it's been a while (well about a year!) since I posted anything about lieage 2 and I was wondering if any gaffers play the game and if so which server...

I know, WoW is the mmo, and I have played around on WoW for like a week with RL friends on a borrowed account, but for some reason I keep comming back to L2. The game has a lot going for it, it's not so popular here in the states so you can usually count on the people you meet in the game to understand the "unwritten" rules of mmo's plus it's been around for so long that you don't run into farmers until your near the endgame and by then you should be in a pretty powerful clan/alliance and can go clear out the farmers if need be.

Other cool things about the game are the Castle Seiges, every week different castles on each server are put into "play" meaning that an alliance (and it wil take an entire alliance) can siege a castle, essentially fighting another alliance or clan for control. If you win a castle you get to control the economy of the shops in the villages that fall under the domain of said castle. I've been playing off/on so I'm not sure about the seige details, if anyone can correct me please do so

so without further ado:

Name: Evero
Character: Elven Knight (lvl 34)
Clan: Crimson Empire*
Server: Devianne

*we will be merging with another clan and getting a clan hall soon so it will no longer be Crimson Empire

AntoneM

Last bump

l2-mesa.jpg

jt`

I have no idea how you can stand the game, I tried retail a few years ago and the grind was absolutely brutal. Drops were ridiculously bad, getting the adena for D-grade duals at lv20 would require either weeks of farming or a $30 ebay auction.

Try one of the free servers. Increased rates (up to 35x exp/sp/adena) means you get to the endgame pvp/castle sieges that much quicker :)

lineage 2 can be pretty awesome if you can find a right clan that'll "shake things up" -- unofficially claim farming areas, that sort of thing. but the fact that alot of western games gamers seeme to be too Care Bare about things and the overall grind sort of turned me away from it altogether.

but its underrated. and anybody looking for an alternative to EQ2 or WoW should give it a try

Top Bottom