• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've just discovered The Graham Norton Show and can't stop watching clips

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm a huge fan of Late Night comedy but haven't been exposed to much beyond current US programs and staples. From what I've seen, Graham's show is much less scripted, and has 3-5 guests on at once, so the banter is usually reaches levels you only rarely find on American talk shows and makes for some incredible moments. There's also the red chair, where people have to try and make celebrities laugh or they'll get flipped.

Some of my favourites:

Greg Davies' incredible hangover story. Ryan Gosling is having the time of his life.

Samuel L. Jackson & Kiera Knightley discuss sex scenes and sex faces.
KIERA, WANK HIM OFF

Chris Pratt's incredible Towie accent.

Mark Ruffalo suddenly becomes a savage out of nowhere @3:00

Guy gets rejected on live TV. The guy is in the comments too with a follow-up.

Very Best of the Red Chair. These are great to watch individually to see the guests banter.

Tom Hiddleston does impressions of Owen Wilson, Christopher Walken, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro (in front of De Niro), and Graham Norton.

Cameron Diaz talks getting cheated on and pubic hair with Kylie Minogue, Russell Crowe, and Richard Ayoade. On a side note, I am now a huge fan of Richard Ayoade.

Sarah Pascal, Samuel L. Jackson, & Tom Hiddleston discuss fan "art."

---

These are just a couple, but it's a rabbit hole if I've ever seen one, and I encourage y'all to jump in. Post your favourites if you've got 'em.

Nephtis

He's really great. There's a lot of full episodes out there. None get really boring. The chair flipping bit does annoy me a bit sometimes though.

There's one where Cumberbatch tackles a giant stuffed bear.
It's amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nz0dLHMHOo

Although not sure if it's better than Ben Affleck as a child actor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qYzSGbdjxg

The Chris Pratt restaurant story is pretty great as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfF9cyzwR8

In general, most of what Chris Pratt does when he's there is great. Dudes got some funny stories.

Pretty great show. Far better than the dumb talk shows we have in the US.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Favourite celebrities + grahams amazing hosting and alcohol + all guests on the same time= Best talk show ever.

Too many favourites to list, but i do like the eddie redmayne+ iennifer lawrence clips

I can't remember who was on- I want to say Tina Fey or Steve Carrell or someone like that- but there is a clip where someone accidentally chewed a fly in their drink and it might be the funniest thing I've watched in a long time.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
We love watching his clips on YouTube. He liquors up his guests and lets them go at it. They're having a blast because it's the few times a lot of them get to be unguarded for a moment and be themselves, albeit tipsy.

Some of the chemistry his guests have with one another often makes me wish they'd do movies or more interviews together. A lot of them are charismatic as fuck and play off of each other really well. The Hiddleston doing his De Niro impersonation for DeNiro is one of my favorites. Emilia Clarke is also absurdly charming and sweet.

Nerokis

Nice! Welcome to the club.

Also, watch the one where Eddie Redmayne discusses his sexual awakening. God, man, that killed me. And also made me realize that it might have been strange for me to have crushes on cartoon animals back in the day.

sora87

The one where Bill Murray and Matt Damon are smashed is some of the funniest chat show shit I've ever seen

Somebody here linked the Stewart and Jackman segment with the surprise guest a while back and I was hooked from that moment. A really fantastic show.

BreakAtmo

One of my favorites is when Matt Smith was on and one of the people in the Red Chair was basically a MAD Magazine version of him. Thank God Jimmy Carr was there to say “He looks more like you than you do!"

seanoff

Robbie Williams.

There are 2 absolutely hysterical ones from him. Look them up

One is with Daniel Radcliffe and the other with Emma Thompson.

Ohhh and Kate beckinsale explaining one of her many pranks.

I really like Graham but I've only watched a handful of the shows. He's a really fun presenter and it has a really nice relaxed format. I know he's Irish but he's been on British telly so long I'm going to steal him and say he's a national treasure!

Wasn't it Mark Wahlberg the one who came on TGNS absolutely wasted, proceeded to make a fool out of himself and even sat on Graham's lap? That was a great interview.

Auctopus

Graham does a great job of getting guests to talk with each other, something a lot of talk shows can't do.

However, that Tom Hiddleston De Niro impression is criminal.

Unit 33

Norton comes across as very genuine, which for me sets him a part from his peers.

I think he spent a long tome as a relative unknown in the stand up scene before he got noiced in the 90s.

jambo

Ohhh and Kate beckinsale explaining one of her many pranks.

7p3hAXs.gif

Santar

NateDog

GN is the best chat show, he's so at ease and chill so there's less focus on keeping things scripted and going down a particular route. You should watch the Will Smith episode if you haven't (sorry if you did, had to skim over links), the one with Steve Carell from a few weeks back was one of my favourites in a while too.

The episodes with Fassbender, Jackman and McAvoy are also great.

Except when Graham brings the slash fan art of Fass and McAvoy. The awkwardness just skyrockets through the roof

Edit: I think one of many favorite episode ever was when Graham had Matt Damon, Bill Murray and Hugh Bonneville. I couldn't stop laughing.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's great because everyone is so relaxed and is usually getting drunk. Like sitting in on celebrity session in the pub.

Should watch the episodes of Father Ted he is on too if you can.

THIS! Anyone that claims to like Graham Norton needs to watch these three episodes. They are what made him famous and if you watch them you will immediately see why.

Poor Jerry Fields.

I like everything about the Graham Norton show except the man himself. He irritates me so much. He just isn't fun to watch.

Top Bottom