• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Mario & Luigi RPG 4 Dream Team

Shahadan

The bit about the tempo and the opening seems interesting to me, since apparently the beginning is so slow.
Guess they reworked it too much.

Gartooth

-They considered going with Bowser again for the Dream System, but decided to limit themselves to Mario and Luigi as playable this time so the series didn't loose its roots.

Damn it, what could have been! Alpha Dream I fully expect your next game to be the solo Bowser RPG I have always dreamed of!
This game will still be the shit though.

Soriku

The soundtrack is really good btw. I love this piece.

Is this secretly the track to The World That Never Was in KH3? Sounds like it would fit right in. Edit: Or in Radiant Historia. Reminds me of that soundtrack more.

From the ONM review:

It's a game that introduces a new idea, mechanic or boss fight every half an hour for around 35 hours- and that's without investing in side content: excavating stat-boosting beans, waking scattered Pi'illos, reassembling CCTV footage (don't ask), an extra tough boss rush mode... It's absolutely rammed and gets better the less you know, so we'll draw a line under it there.

35 hours without optional content would be great, if true.

Datschge

Did they move to the new building together or have they always been so close?

They always have been close (see Super Metroid). Just back when it existed R&D1 (the precursor to SPD) had more staff to development on its own while this is no longer the rule but more like an exception nowadays.

L00P

Their pixel art really is amazing. Bowser looked great in the third game. It's almost as if he's three-dimensional

Top Bottom