• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Announced For North America (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Teknoman

For those asking about Super Robot Taisen:

J-Stars Victory:
Japan - Shueisha, Toei
US - Viz (owned by Shueisha), Funimation (with sub-licenses through Toei)

Super Robot Taisen:
Japan - Pretty much every media company, anime or otherwise
US - Pretty much every media company, anime or otherwise

Licensing is a tad bit trickier

Not if there is Macross character.

Yeah im not holding my breath for stuff like the Z series, but OG series digital releases for PS3 with translated text would be nice enough.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
FUCK

YES!

HkMg62N.gif

sensui-tomo

is it bad to want dual audio(aka i would like english voices) but i'm getting this day one just like i got Tatsunoko vs capcom (I support these types of games)

What in the actual fuck. This has got to be umpteenth out of fucking nowhere localization from Namco in the last few years.

Like, what even gave them the kick in the ass?

Give me a Justin Cook voiced Yusuke or give me death.

This. I don't expect English VA, but if it did come to pass by some act of god, this.

Tabby

Got excited then I realized it only says North America and not Europe.

Fucks sake. Europe always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Atlus games and now this as well.

is it bad to want dual audio(aka i would like english voices) but i'm getting this day one just like i got Tatsunoko vs capcom (I support these types of games)

I'd say it's bad, yes.

If you are a smart and attractive person who wants English audio, vote with your dollars against half localizations.

SoulUnison

Banned
I've always wanted them to localize these sorts of games, and it makes sense to. I don't understand why any license holders wouldn't want their property introduced to an entire new continent of potential fans.

Maybe someday we'll start getting Super Robot Wars games, too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Got the JP version earlier this year myself, and felt pretty sad going through the story mode, and not being able to understand the obvious in-jokes and references being made all over the place.

Cool that there's a PS4 version too. And that the Vita one is actually getting released!

I'd love to see some balance changes (VEGETA), and additional characters make their way into the game now. Interesting that they're adding an Arcade mode, like JoJo's All Star Battle had. Maybe they'll add that training mode so many people wanted, as well.

Great news! It's such a fun game, full of lots of Fandom and dramatic moments between character from SO many years of anime. Glad more people will get to play it!

This gives me more hope that Digimon Cyber Sleuth could come to the West. Come on Namco, I believe in you! How well did that Digimon petition do?

Aw yeah always wanted to play this series. Loving this new era of bringing smaller cult games like SAO and One Piece over to the states.

sensui-tomo

I'm also venturing that this version will not have the anime intros like that one version did in japan(since that would add to localization costs)

Also I just wanted to point out this game has a great and totally underrated soundtrack, like seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYVfESToZAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rPaP4B9PEU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlY30l9lOE4

『Inaba Resident』;144347464 said:
Please, just give me a training mode this time.

You could kinda have a makeshift training mode by making an infinite Vs match with a dummy 2nd player or lowest CPU setting, but it obviously wasn't ideal whatsoever. A proper training mode is a must.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Got excited then I realized it only says North America and not Europe.

Fucks sake. Europe always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Atlus games and now this as well.

Of course it's coming to Europe. Look at the names, they wouldn't skip Europe, considering most of it is really popular here, even old stuff like Hokuto no Ken or Saint Seiya.

Top Bottom