• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs+ Announced For North America (PS3/PSV/PS4)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Darn and darn, I hope this changes.

They could always be saving annoucements for down the line. This just means that they didn't announce or promise anything for now.

The J-Stars reveal makes me think they're being very careful with their Western releases of untested franchises, opting to release their titles in Japan first to test the waters.

Naruto and Dragon Ball, which are Western-focused releases, on the other hand, already get announced with trailers in multiple languages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I see what you did there....
Oh god, took me awhile to figure out what you meant & I just remembered the manga's main joke/gag involving Kuroko.

If anyone's wondering, they did not show the new JoJo game to the Western press.
Hmm, wonder if it's due to still being early in development, considering it was just confirmed not too long ago & we JUST got a trailer for it. Really hope it's not a sign that they won't bring it over due to All-Star Battle sales...

No and no.
ibp3dxZy2Vys4F.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If we do get a cut character, wouldn't that kind of screw up Story Mode & having to rework or remove scenes involving said character?

I would just assume that any series we've seen NB work with in the west recently is safe.
That's really only Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, and Jojo, off the top of my head. Like I said, Koei Tecmo has been publishing the Fist of the North Star games in the US, so maybe they own the rights and that could be part of the problem. Though I don't know if they were one-time agreements like with Bleach being by Sega, then NIS America.

kewlmyc

Well, at least it's coming over.

The characters I care most about have been released here in manga form already so hopefully they don't get cut. Please don't let Bobobo get cut.

sensui-tomo

They could always be saving annoucements for down the line. This just means that they didn't announce or promise anything for now.

The J-Stars reveal makes me think they're being very careful with their Western releases of untested franchises, opting to release their titles in Japan first to test the waters.

Naruto and Dragon Ball, which are Western-focused releases, on the other hand, already get announced with trailers in multiple languages.

Just wondering because i have no idea.. are you a journalist or someone working for NB? only reason i ask is because i had no idea where you got your sources from(or someone like Kagari aka insider with knowledge) If you are someone from NB... bring gundam back. back to this game, I hope we can get some of the anime intro/ending(whatever the ani version had in japan) ... maybe just YOU WA SHOCK and PEGASUS FANTASY

Niosai

What are the odds there will be a physical release? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle somehow got a physical release, so should I keep hopes for one for this?

Skikkiks

Day 1 if Bobobo gets in

If Bobobo gets cut I will take a very angry and violent poop in my toilet and I will say all kinds of swaers and make very rude gestures at nothing inparticular.

Game has been balanced and plays much better than the original release. Characters don't seem to have as many "invencible" frames after being knocked down as before.

Woah, this is actually quite the game changer. The mass knockdown invincibility frames were pretty annoying in the first release.

Is this game suppose to be any good?

Any impressions?

It's good. Just don't go into it expecting it to play like JUS or Gundam Vs. It's a much different beast.
It takes a good deal of getting used to, but once it clicks, it's actually pretty fun and has way more depth to it than it first seems. Legit probably my most played fighting game this year; main thing dragging it back was the fact that it became harder and harder to find non-japanese players, and trust me, you don't wanna deal with the lag in this game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What are the odds there will be a physical release? JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle somehow got a physical release, so should I keep hopes for one for this?
I can't imagine this being digital only, considering they can promote DBZ, Naruto, & One Piece, the biggest three, and all of which have had physical releases....well, aside from a few OP games like Pirate Warriors 2.

The characters I care most about have been released here in manga form already so hopefully they don't get cut. Please don't let Bobobo get cut.
I will be very annoyed if Bo-BoBo is somehow one of the cut characters.

sensui-tomo

I can't imagine this being digital only, considering they can promote DBZ, Naruto, & One Piece, the biggest three, and all of which have had physical releases....well, aside from a few OP games like Pirate Warriors 2.

I will be very annoyed if Bo-BoBo is somehow one of the cut characters.

If anyone is cut... please let it either be the to-love ru characters or worst cast Hell teacher nube... i want at the least bobobo,kenshiro,jojo to stay in

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just wondering because i have no idea.. are you a journalist or someone working for NB? only reason i ask is because i had no idea where you got your sources from(or someone like Kagari aka insider with knowledge) If you are someone from NB... bring gundam back. back to this game, I hope we can get some of the anime intro/ending(whatever the ani version had in japan) ... maybe just YOU WA SHOCK and PEGASUS FANTASY

I'm just a journalist! Haha.

But I can say that they're not going to bring Gundam back.

Hell, according to the producer's own words, they're making Rise of Incarnates specifically as a way to deliver Gundam Extreme Vs. gameplay to audiences that "wouldn't care" about a Gundam game.

The game is being made in Japan and will not be released in Japan. That's how damn serious they are about not letting Gundam out of Japan.

Well, thank god I imported the Japanese version if they're cutting characters.

But at the same time. God, I feel obligated to buy this. When I got the game I was 100% convinced it would NEVER release here. And there it is.

sensui-tomo

Hell, according to the producer's own words, they're making Rise of Incarnates specifically as a way to deliver Gundam Extreme Vs. gameplay to audiences that "wouldn't care" about a Gundam game.

The game is being made in Japan and will not be released in Japan. That's how damn serious they are about not letting Gundam out of Japan.

thanks for the info... but i wanted gundam breakers :/ but eh wasnt the last gundam game either a handheld Seed game or that poor excuse of a shitty launch ps3 title that got over here? Maybe gundam will come back one day, otherwise i have to import my games like i did for Gundam Senki(0081)

Dambrosi

Banned
Why would you sell your PS3 at this rate? Much games, such anime.

And SRW could make it over if they stuck to Original Generation releases. The Z series is probably a big licencing NO, though.

It's like they don't realise how successful Gunpla Build Fighters is.

SMK

Why would you sell your PS3 at this rate? Much games, such anime.

And SRW could make it over if they stuck to Original Generation releases. The Z series is probably a big licencing NO, though..

It seems like any mecha in general is a big no-no for a western release.

Madao

my interest has been piqued.

i imported the original back when it released and played quite a bit in story mode (beat it with 2 of the 4 characters) but stopped halfway the 3rd character since not understanding things made it a chore.

DeVeAn

Man holding out paying off in spades. First Yakuza 5 and now this unlikely crossover coming stateside. Will be there!!

Damn sub only? Oh well I'll still buy it regardless though I hope they don't axe off too many characters from the game. Hopefully they add new characters like Capcom did with the western release of tatsunoko vs capcom.

Some Nobody

...Are they serious? The Gundam fandom today compared to what it was nearly a decade ago (the last time a relevant Gundam game was released here) aren't even comparable. Bandai's really going to have to let this "you guys hate Gundam" thing go. I'm tired of being cheated out of an opportunity to smack giant robots around, lol.

If Gin doesn't make it then foooook ooooofff.

Regardless, do the right thing, replace the characters you remove. Fucking port over characters from your other anime games, I don't care.

Top Bottom