• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackbox Games announcement later today (Fibbage 3)

SickBoy

YDKJ is great, but I find it doesn't work well in its Jackbox version because of its reliance on connecting via smart device through the internet. Doesn't really lend itself to fast action.

All the party packs are good, though. I think 3 is probably my favorite. There are games on 1 and 2 I don't think any of my friends ever want to play (and that probably includes YDKJ, sadly), whereas even though Tee KO and Fakin' It aren't exactly loved, people will give them a shot.

EDIT: Regarding Bidiots, whether it does or not, it feels it's got some imbalance to it and if it does, it's mainly there to serve the theme.

sn00zer

Definitely get all 3 party packs + Drawful 2. I think there's a sale for all 3 packs for $40 right now on PSN.

All of them! Maybe consider in order, as later packs have sequels to some games from the packs that come before it. Also, if you have a PS4 I believe the packs are on sale. Go figure I bought them all at full price when they launched. Worth it even at the $25 a pack price.

My personal favorite games, as mentioned above, are Bidiots and Guesspionage. Could be recency bias as I play these so often with groups of friends.

And everyone loves what brought us to these packs in the first place, You Don't Know Jack. The GOAT. Drawful, Quiplash, and Fibbage are all popular and great as well.

The first pack is awesome tbh. Fibbage, drawful, and you don't know jack altogether was great. I also like pack 3

Are these good to play with party chat/online? Family is all over the place so we would be playing almost exclusively online.

FinKL

How hard would it to be to make YDKJ more than 4 players? Even the bomb game!

I mean I always have more than 4 so we lean towards Quiplash and Fibbage, but would love to do YDKJ

Vyse24

How hard would it to be to make YDKJ more than 4 players? Even the bomb game!

I mean I always have more than 4 so we lean towards Quiplash and Fibbage, but would love to do YDKJ

Facebook/Mobile YDKJ was 6 players, though technically you weren't really playing with each other.

Are these good to play with party chat/online? Family is all over the place so we would be playing almost exclusively online.

As someone else said, I think you'll need to broadcast/stream to twitch or something in order to play online with your family. I've never done it or even tried so I couldn't help beyond that.

It's definitely at it's best when everyone is together. But hopefully you can find a way to get it working for you and your family. The games are a damn blast to play.

Vyse24

At 4pm East/3pm Central, they will be streaming Monster Seeking Monster on their Twitch and Youtube channel.

In the meantime, Party Packs 1 and 2 are now available for download on the Switch.

All three games revealed so far for Party Pack 4 look great to me. Fibbage 3 is what you'd expect for the most part, which is perfectly fine, but the extra mode is a game changer. Survive the Internet is kinda like Quiplash with an awesome twist. Could end up being my favorite Jackbox game ever. Monster Seeking Monster reminds me a bit of Bidiots a bit in that it's a strategic game where you gotta keep what you know a secret. Can't wait to see the last two.

whereas even though Tee KO and Fakin' It aren't exactly loved, people will give them a shot.
For my friends and family, Fakin' It is the go-to game by far.

Vyse24

@jackboxgames
Get your drawing fingers ready and join us for the reveal of the next game in JPP4. Thursday at 3pm CT!
RL42e7H.jpg

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/status/899690447240650753

Vyse24

Game 4 is Civic Doodle.

Fall is getting closer and so is the release of The Jackbox Party Pack 4.* This year’s pack has Five and a half great party games. We’ve already unveiled Fibbage 3 and its all new game mode Fibbage: Enough About You (that’s where the “and a half” comes from.) We’ve given you sneak peaks of both Survive The Internet and Monster Seeking Monster on our weekly stream. Today, we take a look at game number four: Civic Doodle!

The good people of Doodle Valley have enlisted you and your fellow players to beautify the town with ridiculous murals. Two players draw at once, adding whatever they choose to a simple starter drawing. Other players can react with onscreen emoji in real time as the drawings are being drawn. When time’s up, everyone votes on which drawing is the best, and the winner becomes the new “base drawing” that the next two players make additions to. After everyone’s drawn twice, you get to see your finished masterpiece displayed in a place of honor in the town.

In the final round, the Mayor of Doodle Valley (who you may recognize if you’re a longtime YOU DON’T KNOW JACK fan) commissions you to paint a portrait for the town hall. This culminates in a drawing free-for-all where everyone competes at once.
We’re excited about this one, not only because it’s just a fun game, but because we’ve made some great improvements to our browser-based drawing tech that’ll make your absurd art look better than ever. Want to see the game in action? Check out the archive of our announcement stream on Twitch or Youtube. And follow us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest updates, including next week’s reveal of the fifth and final game in the pack!
*We don’t actually have a release date yet, but just trust us, it’s getting closer.
http://jackboxgames.com/2017/08/24/introducing-game-four-of-pp4-civic-doodle/

FinKL

There is nothing in the pack so far that I don't like. That's pretty wild.

Yep! Some of the packs had quick niche games/version 2.0s but this seems amazing. Hope it releases before Thanksgiving as it would be an amazing family thing to gather around.

Bracketeering (fifth game) revealed:
http://jackboxgames.com/2017/08/30/bracketeering-is-the-fifth-game-in-the-jackbox-party-pack-4/

BracketeeringKeyArt.png

The Jackbox Party Pack 4, set to ”drop" this fall, was already shaping up to be our best collection of party games yet, with the announcements of Fibbage 3 (with special game within a game Enough About You), Survive the Internet, Monster Seeking Monster and Civic Doodle, but now we're ready to talk about the final gut-busting addition to Party Pack 4: Bracketeering!

Bracketeering is a game of strong opinions on stupid things. Up to sixteen players submit answers to absurd questions and categories like ”Best thing to hold in your online dating profile picture" or ”Coolest person to clone an army of." Those answers then duke it out in a tournament-style instant-elimination bracket, until the championship answer is crowned.
But Bracketeering isn't just about entering funny answers... it's about having surprisingly strong opinions on ridiculous things, which is why predicting winners of future match-ups (and convincing others to agree with you) could be your path to victory even if an answer you typed in doesn't take the top prize.

Taking things up another notch is the Blind Round, where players know the category of the bracket (being prompted to enter the name of ”any animal" or ”any verb ending in ‘ing'") but have to submit their answers before learning the true title they'll be competing under (”Awesomest animal to guard your children" or ”Best thing to be doing when you die"). Whether your answer fits perfectly, or is hilariously mischosen, you can still win it all with some savvy predictions... even if that means betting against yourself.
And did you notice that we mentioned that up to SIXTEEN PLAYERS can play at once?! We tried to play it cool when we casually mentioned it up in the second paragraph but considering until now all our games have maxed out at eight players, we think it's pretty exciting. More players, more answers, more fun. (And, of course, as usual, up to 10,000 more people can play along in the Audience)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hell yes. Fibbage XL and Fibbage 2 are real huge in my circle, I'm down for more fibbage with new questions.

Not sure I'm sold on Bracketeering, just feels like another Apples to Apples-like prompt game

Yeah I'm not sure what all the round of voting are for if everyone's just answering the same question.

I'm not entirely sold on Civic Scribbles or whatever either, it seems like there's too much watching and voting.

I am pretty excited about Survive the Internet though.

Excelsior

think one of the keys to Bracketeering is the prediction aspect, which seems to yield more points than winning outright. could definitely see the discussion aspect involving in trying to persuade others to vote for the one you predicted as the winner to be a lot of fun!

Yeah, the prediction part of bracketeering is what sets it apart, as well as the way the questions get altered in the second and third rounds.

Terrell

Yep, this pack is a total win.

Civic Doodle looks to be the best drawing game they've done since Drawful (sorry Tee KO), even if it is "Exquisite Corpse with democracy and points".

Bracketeering finally bringing a game for more than 8 players to the mix is fantastic, and yes, the voting and betting really do set it apart.

While people seem down on Monster Seeking Monster, it looks like it'll be a ton of fun with the right group of people.

Survive the Internet and Fibbage pretty well speak for themselves.

If I had a single quibble, it's that Jackbox is really tripling down on streaming, to the point where the games seem to be engineered more for those players and their audiences and less for non-streaming players in a room together. More than with any other pack, that imbalance is felt. They tried to rectify that imbalance in the last party pack with Fakin' It (which has a subjective degree of success in doing so), a game you really can't play over a stream and with minimal audience participation, but there's nothing like that with this pack to balance things out.

Monster Seeking Monster seems like Bidiots in that it's a very exclusive game. Meaning it's really fun and cool to the people playing because what they're seeing on their individual screens is way more significant that what viewers are seeing on the main screen. Doesn't seem good for streaming to me. Unless you have a community of 10-20 people.

Edit: Also, the Party Pack 4 stream at PAX was kinda annoying. A few of the players were just ignoring the rules/prompts completely. You can play the game the way it's "meant" to be played (i.e. paying attention to the rules/prompts) and still be funny, crazy and vulgar. That's the beauty of Jackbox games. You take the setup they provide you and give your unique payoff/punchline. The guy drawing a whole face and background in Civic Doodle when the prompt was only to draw eyes left no room for anyone else to add the nose or mouth they might have wanted to.

Top Bottom