• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane Jensen's Gray Matter |OT| Thread of pointing and clicking & sleight of hand

ExMachina said:
Haha, yes. I had to turn off the subtitles because I found the portraits so distractingly off. D: It's just so jarring since the rest of the game is so pretty.

I never thought of doing this, thanks for the recommendation!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hope that Impulse picks it up at least. For whatever reason German adventure games can never make it to Steam... it's just strange considering all the weird RTSes and FPSes that rate the store and even Steam sales.

Bebpo

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I picked this up as well from Adventure Shop and damn I love it. One of the prettiest adventure games of recent time. I'm eager to get through Chapter 3 and beyond!

I also can't stand that weirdo face portrait of Sam. All the characters talking portraits are strange, but the cutscene designs/drawings are really awesome and well done. I love the look of her on the cover!

Yeah, I really liked the motion comic cutscenes. I thought the art was excellent and like the handheld MGS games, they worked well to present the story with more style. Was sad to see so many reviews harp on them and deduct points just because they were low budget motion comics instead of real or CG cutscenes. :(

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
I got the UK 360 version here in Osaka, and just in case anyone was wondering, it ain't region free :(

Am I really gonna have to get a Euro 360 just for these Achievements?! Perhaps.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Tried it on a US 360 too. No dice, of course.

Anyone got a used Euro Arcade 360 they'd be willing to part ways with cheap? :D

Primate Ryan

Neo Member
I just bought it from Impulse and had a look at it.

I don't have much to say about it yet, but

1) I want Sam's version of Frankenstein. It's about 400 pages longer than the original going by the thickness of the book.
2) Why did they put background information in the loading screens when the game only takes half a second to load, making it practically impossible to read.
3) I like the music.

Bebpo

Banned
It's also been $16.99 on amazon downloads for a while (or $16.99 retail if you prefer a box).

No reason to miss the game at this price. Heck, if Amazon/Impulse had gifting ability like steam, I'd probably gift it to a few people who'd enjoy it at those prices.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bebpo said:
It's also been $16.99 on amazon downloads for a while (or $16.99 retail if you prefer a box).

No reason to miss the game at this price. Heck, if Amazon/Impulse had gifting ability like steam, I'd probably gift it to a few people who'd enjoy it at those prices.
Ah, didn't know about Amazon... I never check it since it's not available in Canada. Impulse has gifting though!

LiK said:
I was quite disappointed with this game. That's all I will say.
I want to ask why, but I guess if that's all you'll say... :lol

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I really enjoyed the game. Sure it had some issues (ending felt rushed, movement too slow, what the fuck face animations) but I liked the characters/plot. Of course it in no way felt like a game that was in development for as long as it was. But I can forgive Jane for that.

Blizzard

Banned
Bumping this ancient thread to remind those who might still be subscribed that Gray Matter is on Steam Greenlight and it needs you! Give the game the support it deserves.

I really can't wait to be able to buy it on Steam to show developers my support again and especially because I decided to wait for the Steam release to go through it again.

Here's the direct link to the game's page, just be sure to vote for it!
Another ancient bump from a year and a half later: I just saw the game was released on Steam today, at long last.

It has a mediocre metacritic score, but the art and concept sound neat so I will probably get it. It is nice to see more adventure games on Steam.

*edit* Whoops, I found the thread searching from Google, and didn't even realize it was in the community section. I wonder if it would be worth creating a new thread in the gaming side for people who might be playing it on Steam?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Another ancient bump from a year and a half later: I just saw the game was released on Steam today, at long last.

It has a mediocre metacritic score, but the art and concept sound neat so I will probably get it. It is nice to see more adventure games on Steam.

*edit* Whoops, I found the thread searching from Google, and didn't even realize it was in the community section. I wonder if it would be worth creating a new thread in the gaming side for people who might be playing it on Steam?

someone ought to make a new thread... i cant be the only one finally getting around to playing this

Top Bottom