• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane Pinckard leaving 1up (& Ziff)

MegaTen

Banned
chespace said:
QFT. It's kinda bizarre really. People say the most crude, embarassing, sexist shit on GAF about Jane that they would never say to Jane's face, and yet, here we are. And with the pretentious hipster thing -- c'mon, seriously... sounds like sour grapes and personal insecurities. Judging people on how they look? You're no better than all those sportos and prom queens that bullied you around in high school.

Anyway, I hung out with Jane this weekend and told her about this thread. She knew, even before I told her, to stay the fcuk away from this thread. Typical distorted pubescence.
/thread

Piper Az

chespace said:
Anyway, I hung out with Jane this weekend and told her about this thread. She knew, even before I told her, to stay the fcuk away from this thread. Typical distorted pubescence.

good advice. tell her to ignore the hatin' losers and that there are more people who appreciate her work.

I think Jane's cute, and I wish her well. She's the kind of girl you will probably have 10x more fun with than the cheerleader type. I prefer the guys at GameSpot over 1Up because they don't try to be something they aren't. :)

Peru

HocusPocus said:
I think Jane's cute, and I wish her well. She's the kind of girl you will probably have 10x more fun with than the cheerleader type. I prefer the guys at GameSpot over 1Up because they don't try to be something they aren't. :)
Hahaha. Or maybe they...ARE SOMEONE ELSE?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I never really understood how people could hate an Online Personality so rabidly but then I go to sites like IGN and Gamefaqs message boards and it all comes rushing back to me.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I wish Jane all the best. Sadly I jumped on the 1-up show wagon abit late in the game a few episodes before Che left. The show is certainly not as good as those earlier episodes, but I still enjoy it, and I'm sure it'll find its new feet before too long.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
HocusPocus said:

How could you possibly say that? Hi people I don't know, you can't fool me! I know you are all goatee sportin linkin park listenin wal mart shoppin white trash, the front you put up on the 1up show is to disguise your secret love for bottom bargains and pro america sleepwear.

You aren't kidding anyone 1up, especially you sharky and your putting your shoes on the table.

Oh and Jane, I hope you rot in hell. Every time i see you prancing around as a smart independant woman on the internet, I cant help but sit back and laugh. I know you are really just a forgotten soul who lashes out for the love of people you don't know because of this snowballing fear that if enough people forget about you, you will just simply disappear. And guess what? Because of people who can really see whats going on behind the cold charade that is 1up, forgetting you and the rest of the wannabe hipster SCUM will be OH SO MUCH easier.

john tv

HocusPocus said:
I prefer the guys at GameSpot over 1Up because they don't try to be something they aren't. :)
Yeah, as soon as those 1UP guys get off the air, they change right back into their Hot Topic clothes, yank off the fake facial hair and speed back to the mall to play Magic the Gathering and trade Pokemon.

KEEPIN IT REAL YO

sp0rsk said:
How could you possibly say that? Hi people I don't know, you can't fool me! I know you are all goatee sportin linkin park listenin wal mart shoppin white trash, the front you put up on the 1up show is to disguise your secret love for bottom bargains and pro america sleepwear.

You aren't kidding anyone 1up, especially you sharky and your putting your shoes on the table.

Oh and Jane, I hope you rot in hell. Every time i see you prancing around as a smart independant woman on the internet, I cant help but sit back and laugh. I know you are really just a forgotten soul who lashes out for the love of people you don't know because of this snowballing fear that if enough people forget about you, you will just simply disappear. And guess what? Because of people who can really see whats going on behind the cold charade that is 1up, forgetting you and the rest of the wannabe hipster SCUM will be OH SO MUCH easier.

:lol Well played, sir.

Kimi

john tv said:
Yeah, as soon as those 1UP guys get off the air, they change right back into their Hot Topic clothes, yank off the fake facial hair and speed back to the mall to play Magic the Gathering and trade Pokemon.

KEEPIN IT REAL YO

Shit John I thought Ziff had you sign an NDA!!!

john tv said:

KEEPIN IT REAL YO

I'm sorry if the truth hurts you, sporsk, and many others. Heck even a lot of the posters here are pretty fake in trying to be cool *looks above*. :)

Vibri

Banned
The only thing that bothers me about the Ziff/1UP folks is that out all the gaming media cliques they seem to spend an inordinate amount of their lives on GAF.

Like if there's a thread on something Ziff/1UP, even marginally, one of their editors jumps in practically seconds later with a comment/rebute/whatever.

Who cares really? If you want to be cool, spend less time trying to impress the GAFers. :)

AbeFroman

Vibri said:
The only thing that bothers me about the Ziff/1UP folks is that out all the gaming media cliques they seem to spend an inordinate amount of their lives on GAF.

Like if there's a thread on something Ziff/1UP, even marginally, one of their editors jumps in practically seconds later with a comment/rebute/whatever.

Who cares really? If you want to be cool, spend less time trying to impress the GAFers. :)

most of the ziffers were commenting/rebuting/whatever'ing on GAF long before they were employed

I'll never quite get how people on the internet can have such intense hatred for people that put on a games show that they don't like. And yet there are threads about truly offensive things that get joked about.

Rocca

jetpacks was yes said:
I'll never quite get how people on the internet can have such intense hatred for people that put on a games show that they don't like. And yet there are threads about truly offensive things that get joked about.

Because people somehow find the means to take video games serious and personal, which is a joke all on its own.

Anyway, Jane was responsible for a great show altogether, so I wish her the best.

Banned
She's an employee for a company that gives you a 'free' show. Don't ****ing download it you whingers!

Seriously, some gamers need to take a trip outside of their own headspace sometimes, the infraneck isn't everything...

Acosta

I´m no one to judge anyone here and I´m not going to do it. But some of you really need to think about what you are writing and saying here.

Top Bottom