• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Slayers event next week on GBF. Dark element I believe. (my light team sucks...)

Can someone fill me in on what Slayers is about and who those characters are? I'm pretty sure Dota 2 has taught me that the middle one is Lina but I'm not sure about the rest.

The person on the right is a boy right?

Can someone fill me in on what Slayers is about and who those characters are? I'm pretty sure Dota 2 has taught me that the middle one is Lina but I'm not sure about the rest.

slayers is the classic fantasy anime from the 90s, magic, swords, comedy, all that fun stuff a lot of current shows have
one of the more popular ones, still beloved by many, got like 5 seasons, bunch of movies and OVAs, a whole line of light novels and manga

the center girl is Lina, the main character
the girl on the left is Naga, her traveling companion
the guy on the right is Gourry, another one of Lina's traveling companion

both girls are mages, though Lina is your usual black mage while Naga is half mage/half golem summoner
Gourry's a sword fighter with his blade of light

it's a great series and still holds up today, one of my favorite series

Rotnems

Neo Member

I recommend watching the movies if you are interested in the Slayers franchise.

Slayers the motion picture is one of those anime that i recommend to everyone.

Saprol

nUuemyx.png

monkey girls are serious business

Azusa

While there is no actual legislation there is nothing to discuss. Only speculation and someone tweets. Just move on.

kiryogi

Banned
she probably spent 100k+ yen on this...

or she was doing stealth marketing like some netizen suspected. That monkey pull.

Seems right, I saw that Yuichi Nakamura lucked out early on, but then had to spend 40k to get Anira. XD

Damn Seiyuu playing mobage is real.

Salex_

Global Bleach: Brave Souls just launched.

Android

IOS

I don't know anything about this game or Bleach, but I hope it's as good as One Piece Treasure Cruise and can convince to watch the anime like OPTC did.

kiryogi

Banned
now I want Nakamura and Sugita to just do an episode of gatcha rolls on Tokyo Encounter

Haha, apparently too, people really hazed on Rie for her lucky rolls. Literally the lowest of the lows with the jealous, or maybe assumed marketing? Still though, what seiyuu/idols go through for the slightest things, it's pretty sad.

On a different note though, I've powered up enough that I can barely clear VHard Ifrit now. Feels so good to really grasp Granblues mechanics at this point.

chrono01

Any idea of tier list? Lol
Supposedly any will do, but the rate is pretty low. Apparently, it's super-important too, as the later missions basically require a 5*, so it's worth the time to do.

Edit: Oh man, that data install. :/

Nice music, at least.

linkent

Rerolling seems insanely long...
Due to the large download -_-
Guess i will try to get 250stones and do the multi once.

Hopefully can get that amount in few days.

chrono01

Aizen 5* get! On my second re-roll too. I'm saving whatever gems I get for that 250-pull now.

As for Aizen, he's great. Three standard attacks [two AOE slashes, as well as a focused beam] and his special attacks all enemies as well as dazes them for around 5-7 seconds.

Plus it's Aizen.

Dandte

Aizen 5* get! On my second re-roll too. I'm saving whatever gems I get for that 250-pull now.

As for Aizen, he's great. Three standard attacks [two AOE slashes, as well as a focused beam] and his special attacks all enemies as well as dazes them for around 5-7 seconds.

Plus it's Aizen.

So for rerolling:

Do Tutorial
Get 3 star character
Do a free pull -> hopefully 5 Star

Reroll if not

Or do 2 States to have 25 again

Roll for 5 Star

Reroll if not?

chrono01

So for rerolling:

Do Tutorial
Get 3 star character
Do a free pull -> hopefully 5 Star

Reroll if not

Or do 2 States to have 25 again

Roll for 5 Star

Reroll if not?
The free pull will never be a 5*. I believe it's supposed to be a 3*, but I've heard a 4* is possible [not entirely sure]. The one after, for 25 Spirit Orbs, is the one you want a 5* for.

I'm trying to play Bleach but it's loading up in Japanese. Any idea why it might do that?
It shouldn't be doing that. Did you choose the Japan server accidentally instead of the Global one?

Edit: So apparently, by pulling Aizen I got one of the best characters in the game. How about that luck? Oh, I found a 3/4/5* guide that might be useful to those re-rolling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BleachBrav...e_to_5star_and_useful_4_3_2_star_characters/?

Some things to note:

- There's no "stamina" in the game, but Soul Tickets instead. You use these tickets on quests and they replenish at a rate of one per five minutes. The good thing about this is that you can use them on Very Hard quests for the same cost as Easy. This means you don't get punished, stamina-wise, for running higher tier missions.

- You can EXP simply by having characters in your party, but you can also level them via EXP Crystals that you receive as drops. In addition, there's a limited/two-hour daily that lets you farm them, so they're a great way to level your units.

- You'll want to do your daily PVP. You get points where, at the end of the week, your rank is calculated. Rank high and get medals, which can be exchanged for useful units as well as other items. You get a limited number of PVP tickets daily, so be sure to use them up!

- You get a pretty decent 5* Renji for killing 1,000 enemies, something very easily done.

- Save up for the 250 Spirit Orb pull. You get, at the very least, a guaranteed 4* out of it, but hopefully more [with a chance of a 5*]. If you get a 5* as your starting pull, you also might want to save the Orbs for later on, when new units are added with a boosted chance. It's un-clear whether the new/advertised units in the current gatcha are boosted. It doesn't say, so I wouldn't take the risk.

- The story is pretty damn humorous. I know, it follows the anime/manga, but it's handled pretty decently. The controls work well too, and are very responsive.

garath

Plus it's Aizen.

Is the game any good?

Uthred

Its a travesty that Kenpachi isnt top tier.

I don't know anything about this game or Bleach, but I hope it's as good as One Piece Treasure Cruise and can convince to watch the anime like OPTC did.

If you havent seen Bleach then skip the animated intro, feels like it couldnt be more spoilery if it tried

Edit: This data download is ridiculous

MiTYH

Hooooly heck this Bleach game takes a while to download. I could run through the tutorial and 2 summons faster than it's downloading for me. Luckily I've got two devices, so I'll give it maybe two or four more rerolls, then stick with the best game I get. So far it's one game with a 4-star, so we'll see. Not too familiar with the characters so I'm not too particular with any models, just would really like a 5-star (who wouldn't!).

Also, fun fact. Don't close the app when it's updating and think it'll still be there when it reopens. Lost about 40% that way when I went to do something else for a while -_-

linkent

another 3 tickets, i should be able to do my multipull.
The 2 pull tickets from Rukia "normal and hard" quest should get you started easily with a good team.
go through the whole chapter 1-2.5 in 1 go. (free ticket/stamina from achievement and login bonus)

also NOTE!!
if you play the Co-op, if you die, DO NOT press OK!.
there is 3 option, cancel/exit - watch - OK. OK will make you spend 2gem to revive without any warning.
Cancel is to quit the stage. Watch is to watch your friends.
The problem is, everyone is dead and I thought i can press ok to quit. wasted those 2 gems :(

Edit: So apparently, by pulling Aizen I got one of the best characters in the game. How about that luck? Oh, I found a 3/4/5* guide that might be useful to those re-rolling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BleachBrav...e_to_5star_and_useful_4_3_2_star_characters/?

- You'll want to do your daily PVP. You get points where, at the end of the week, your rank is calculated. Rank high and get medals, which can be exchanged for useful units as well as other items. You get a limited number of PVP tickets daily, so be sure to use them up!

- You get a pretty decent 5* Renji for killing 1,000 enemies, something very easily done.

Gratz on that pull!

How long has this game come out? the ranking in the pvp is craaaaazy.. almost 40k points. while i use 5tickets and reach 800pts.

Nice info for that 5* Renji!

Kitoro

another 3 tickets, i should be able to do my multipull.
The 2 pull tickets from Rukia "normal and hard" quest should get you started easily with a good team.
go through the whole chapter 1-2.5 in 1 go. (free ticket/stamina from achievement and login bonus)

also NOTE!!
if you play the Co-op, if you die, DO NOT press OK!.
there is 3 option, cancel/exit - watch - OK. OK will make you spend 2gem to revive without any warning.
Cancel is to quit the stage. Watch is to watch your friends.
The problem is, everyone is dead and I thought i can press ok to quit. wasted those 2 gems :(

Which game are you talking about here that has co-op; Bleach or GBf? Is it fun?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I pulled a 5* Grimmjow from my second Bleach re-roll. Gonna keep him, knowing nothing about the game. Anything I need to know? Is he in a top tier?

GDJustin

Strongest uni in the game...even in japan...*clap clap* we have winner

I don't even like Bleach! :p

I'm heavy into FFRK right now, too. I'll try the game out and if I don't like it I'll probably give the account away in a week or so. If I can - never given away an account in a gacha game before.

Edit: 75 037 343 if anyone wants me as a friend. I'll be pretty active on the account for the time being.

Dandte

I don't even like Bleach! :p

I'm heavy into FFRK right now, too. I'll try the game out and if I don't like it I'll probably give the account away in a week or so. If I can - never given away an account in a gacha game before.

hahaha the same as usual.

Person A: Meh, i don't like bleach but i will try this new Gacha Game
Game: Here, how about the strongest Unit in the game?

Person B: Man. Finally we have Bleach Brave Souls in the west. I gonna get this 5 star cards.
Game: Oh you got 3* Chad from the first Pull? How about a second 3 * Chad from you second pull?

MiTYH

Rerolled a bunch of times, but I'm tired now, just can't deal with those speeds.

Kept an account with e 3*Rukia, and 4* Rangiku and Kisuke. I'll be holding onto the stones for a while now.

58 546 692 if anyone wants to add me

chrono01

Is the game any good?
I'm enjoying Different style of gameplay compared to the other gatcha games I play, and the level of quality is pretty impressive. I'd definitely recommend giving it a try.

Edit: This data download is ridiculous
It really is. :/

Gratz on that pull!

How long has this game come out? the ranking in the pvp is craaaaazy.. almost 40k points. while i use 5tickets and reach 800pts.

Nice info for that 5* Renji!
Thanks!

Yeah, the game was just released last night. For PVP, try battling opponents with the "x2" notification, and don't forget to use it for yourself [it only costs 300 gold].

Old bleach brave souls ot

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1146566&page=100000

Rerolled the whole day with university super high Speed WLAN....no 5 star....even no 4 Star....i want the healer Girl, might come in handy
Thanks for the OT! I was hoping someone would make one. d(^_^)v

I pulled a 5* Grimmjow from my second Bleach re-roll. Gonna keep him, knowing nothing about the game. Anything I need to know? Is he in a top tier?
You did good, congrats!

Uthred

Worst thing about re-rolling is getting the 4* Jushiro from the first roll and having to scrap it, feels like a "waste".

On Android (bluestacks specifically) deleting klab.bleach.xml (located at data/data/com.klab.bleach/shared_prefs/ ) seems to reset it without having to re-download. The game does re-download but its super quick so its likely just reading the already downloaded files. It takes a restart or two to get the game working again after you delete the file.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm... Is there a way to start Bleach on a rooted device? Was gonna give it a go but I get an error message.

GDJustin

Did a 10-pull in Bleach with the 250 orbs I've gotten from story dungeons:

• One 5* - Sajin
  • Four 4* - Mayuri, Gantenbainne, Byakuya, Renji
  • Five 3*

aitakute

Anyone here playing Shironeko? If you like bleach I think you might like that game too. That game has the best gacha system imo. And you can get so much jewel to pull gacha by just playing the game too

Top Bottom