• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese PS3 goes live in less than 6 days....wheres the excitement/updates????

Jonnyram

Bad_Boy said:
point taken for the memory card adaptor, but hdmi cable?
I don't have one.
Maybe I should go to a regular store and buy one before my PS3 comes. Is that what you want me to do? I just thought it would be nice to get a Sony-branded one, since I like to help out my pals in SCE-land.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Jonnyram said:
I don't have one.
Maybe I should go to a regular store and buy one before my PS3 comes. Is that what you want me to do? I just thought it would be nice to get a Sony-branded one, since I like to help out my pals in SCE-land.
You could order a regular hdmi cable, sony branded ones are probably more expensive anyways right? But if you want to support you pals, I guess I see no problem with that. I had no knowledge of that in your orginal post. Hence my question.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
Jonnyram said:
I don't have one.

You should help your pals out a little more and buy me a ps3 too

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sho Nuff said:
Is it even POSSIBLE for someone to put in a region lock? i.e. NBA/NFL/wrestling games with per-region licenses...wouldn't they be pretty unhappy about that?

I don't think they can do anything about it... smart move by Sony.. will help them battle the pirates as well

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
HOLY. SHIT. BALLS.

I just got a call from the store; they're getting at least four 20gb models, and wanted to know if I can definitely buy one. I told them I have the money, so now they're going to hold one for me for sure. No waiting in line needed. :D On top of that, they're getting some 60gb models too, and I told them if it's priced at around 60000 yen, I'll go for that instead. I guess living in a small city does have its benefits sometimes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Lyte Edge said:
HOLY. SHIT. BALLS.

I just got a call from the store; they're getting at least four 20gb models, and wanted to know if I can definitely buy one. I told them I have the money, so now they're going to hold one for me for sure. No waiting in line needed. :D On top of that, they're getting some 60gb models too, and I told them if it's priced at around 60000 yen, I'll go for that instead. I guess living in a small city does have its benefits sometimes.

get one for me :)

Lyte Edge

Hmm...I went there to a sell a game (the place being two minutes away also rocks), and the guy said it's still possible I MIGHT not get one...there's three people ahead of me that haven't called them back about getting one yet. I saw the reserve list, and everyone wants the 60gb model, so I told the guy I'll take a 20gb then, I just want to buy one on Saturday. (I don't care about wireless internet or the card reader anyway, just the HD) If I have to wait until the next shipment, no problem...Play-Asia shipped out Gears Of War to me today. This has been a good start for my week so far. :D

Lyte Edge

Troidal said:
Exacto mundo. That's how I got mines :)
Small city FTW

I think if I lived in a place like Tokyo, I'd go take a trip OUTSIDE the city and pre-order a system in a small town instead. :lol

Jonnyram

Lyte Edge said:
Play-Asia shipped out Gears Of War to me today. This has been a good start for my week so far. :D
You spawny git! My copy still doesn't have a proper date. I guess you went for the LE?

Lyte Edge

Jonnyram said:
You spawny git! My copy still doesn't have a proper date. I guess you went for the LE?

Yeah, I paid the extra ten bucks and changed my order to the LE right when they e-mailed me about it, so I was one of the first ones. Their update today says that they only got a partial shipment in of LEs today and the rest are coming soon.

Jobbox

tetsuoxb said:
If Akiba got less than 500 or so units, I'd wet myself in shock. Umeda will easily pull 200 or so.

I'm really all over the place about how I'm going to approach camping out.
I get done with work around 5 PM Friday.

My choices are:
1) Race to one of the two big Shinjuku locations for an all-nighter.
2) Hang around bar hopping in Shibuya and get in line as late as possible with a friend who said he'd join me just to keep me company so that I don't die from boredom...or explode from holding in a full bladder.
3) Head out to the closest location from work--Kawasaki--where I have the option of lining up at a really big Yodobashi OR the brand new Bic Camera where they had one of the first two PS3 display units in Japan and where there shouldn't be too many loyal customers.

So, go to one of the huge places where I might be number 150 in line but they might have a few hundred units. Or, go to a lesser known place where I might be 10th in line but get screwed because they only have 7 and a half units.

I'm doushiyou-ing myself awake at night.

methane47

Have you guys seen this yet?
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/744/744270p1.html

November 6, 2006 - Easily the most common question we get regarding PlayStation 3 backwards-compatibility, and possibly even PS3 overall, is whether or not we'll be able to play the Guitar Hero series on the PlayStation 3. Up until now there hasn't been any sort of official word of an adaptor for the PS3, but it seems that Radio Shack has the answer for us with part number 2600729.

Its "USB Adapter for PlayStation 2 Controller" (which many other manufacturers also make) is intended for using a Dual Shock 2 on a PC. Since the PS3 has a series of USB connectors, we went ahead and tried using a Dual Shock 2 on the system and lo and behold, it worked. The D-Pad and analog sticks can't be used at the same time, as you need to use the Analog On/Off button to switch between the two, but otherwise it seems to be 100% functional.

Our test system doesn't feature backwards compatibility, so we can't actually test Guitar Hero or its sequel on the system, but it certainly looks like everything should work fine on a retail unit. We'll have a final retail system in our hands very soon and will try this out once it's in the office and update this story accordingly. But for now, yes, it looks like Guitar Hero will work just fine, and we can all thank the rock gods for that.

So if it looks like everything is working fine... Does this imply that there was rumble? If everything was 100%? it's a natural correlation right?

Jonnyram

methane47 said:
So if it looks like everything is working fine... Does this imply that there was rumble? If everything was 100%? it's a natural correlation right?
How can they test rumble if they couldn't check BC on their test unit?

Jobbox

I'm reading around on some Japanese boards and it sounds like Yodobashi's are generally getting 100 units. I've seen those numbers a few different places now.

In addition, I'm also seeing numbers like 10, 8, 6, etc. for a lot of other places like Sakuraya, Yamada Denki, and game chains like Wonder Goo and Geo.

FYI.

Top Bottom