• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Viewers Loved Sony Japan’s PlayStation Press Conference

Konosuke

I felt that this conference treated Japan like a Tier 1 country. Sure, it's coming out later, but at least they made a presentation of their launch plans and created hype instead of going to the media and say "No console for you, wait for 2014"

I felt that this conference treated Japan like a Tier 1 country. Sure, it's coming out later, but at least they made a presentation of their launch plans and created hype instead of going to the media and say "No console for you, wait for 2014"

they're actually very apologetic about it, that's how I feel when I hear it from the dubbing anyway. like sorry we couldn't get it out this year

Toki767

Definitely. They didn't treat it like a "Too bad, deal with it" type thing. They explained very well that they didn't want to launch the console unless they had something to offer that they believed the audience wanted.

Jeels

Do similar metrics for any other past conferences exist, would be interesting to compare. Doesn't have to be from the same source obviously, I'd doubt we'd find that, maybe a magazine poll or something.

Hyunashi

Has Sony actually come out and said 'this are our tier 1 countries' or even mention the idea of tiers? I think its a smart move that Japan will get their own centric games at their own launch, that will cater vastly for their audience as opposed to something like Killzone or CoD.

Hybrid897

It was a pretty great conference even though some of the games didn't interest me. Was pretty much games, vita slim, games, PS4 release date, games, vitaTV.

PS4 release date was probably the biggest downside of the conference but they handled it pretty well with Yakuza being a launch game.

Oh and no dubstep in trailers!

English Knack trailer being translated on the fly was actually the best bit of the conference.

Amir0x

Banned
Has Sony actually come out and said 'this are our tier 1 countries' or even mention the idea of tiers? I think its a smart move that Japan will get their own centric games at their own launch, that will cater vastly for their audience as opposed to something like Killzone or CoD.

No, they've never used the term "tier" at all as far as I know to describe launch countries - it's a joke on Microsoft's infamous wording here:

In a translation provided by DualShockers (via GamesIndustry International), Higuchi stated that "For the launch of Xbox One Japan is a Tier 2 country and not a Tier 1 country, so it'll come with the second wave, that will be delayed a little bit [compared to North America]."

When asked to confirm that the console will not be sold in Japan this year, he responded by saying, "That's right. It'll launch after the Tier 1 markets," but that "It won't be delayed too much from the North American release."

:)

Top Bottom