• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Weekly Sales: Week 26, 2012 (Jun 25 - Jul 01)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm fairly sure XL will erode 3DS sales a bit, but not to a great extent. I'm expecting, let's say, from an average of 55k to 40-45k for 3DS.

I could agree.
I think up to now that the sum of 3DS + 3DSXL sales will be very similar to the actual sales of the 3DS alone, with maybe a slight increase (considering the actual rhythm, let's say +5K), apart the eventual peak at launch

test_account

XP-39C²
Every system will be for sale as long as there is a market for it. The lack of backward compability can also extend the life of a previous console. I'm pretty sure that the lack of PS2 BC on PS3 is one factor that the PS2 is still being sold, about 6 years after the launch of PS3.

Unless Sony comes up with a PS3 emulator for PS4, i dont think that PS4 will have PS3 BC. This means that there can still be a market for PS3 years after the PS4 is released.

When the DSiLL released everyone who wanted a DS already had one, DSiLL buyers were buying it as an upgrade path to what they already had. 3DS still has millions of potential buyers who need one, so the 3DSXL instead of splitting what the 3DS is selling weekly, is going to add the numbers. In short, weekly DSL/DSi numbers would have been higher than DSiLL had the DSiLL been released earlier. I see them both selling 70-80k combined weekly.

How close do you think it is going to be then? Wii is not going to see 13 million.

PS3 should seer 9 million at the end of this year easily and 10-11 million by the end of next year.

Final difference is going to be less than 2 million units?
13m is only ~550k away for Wii. I'd say it's more likely Wii crawls past that than PS3 clears 11m by the end of next year.

extralite

Two good examples of something recent would be Fire Emblem on the 3DS and Monster Hunter 3G. (Was surprised to see Capcom do this considering most of their other games are all stupid high in price upon initial release as in the 6000+ range)

I think you're comparing handheld to console game prices here. MH3G is the same price as MH3P (5800 yen) and both are upper price range for handheld games (some RPGs are considerably more expensive even on handhelds, especially FF games, but FE and MH aren't by any means cheap for handheld games).

@food prices in Japan
The average price for a meal isn't crazy high but in other countries often much bigger amounts of food are served per meal so the prices *are* higher. You especially notice if you make your own food and buy ingredients in super markets.

And yes, since average salaries are also higher in Japan it isn't particularly expensive for its residents. Another reason why I would say games are inexpensive in Japan, as opposed to cinema tickets, DVDs or CDs.

Gradivus

I think you're comparing handheld to console game prices here. MH3G is the same price as MH3P (5800 yen) and both are upper price range for handheld games (some RPGs are considerably more expensive even on handhelds, especially FF games, but FE and MH aren't by any means cheap for handheld games).

Not to forget, FE has DLC (if you end buying all of it) which can end up to another 4500+ yen.

I highly doubt PS3 gets within 1 million of Wii's JP LTD, and I doubt it gets within 2 million. Will still be closer than what anyone thought around 2007-2010 though.

PS3 hardware sales have been pretty terrible as of late. The price cut and new slim will invigorate hardware sales for a little while, but it's not going to be some kind huge boost unless they drop the price to 15k yen. Speaking of which isn't the Wii still 20k yen in Japan which means the PS3 and Wii will be priced the same with this likely price drop coming? What the fuck Nintendo? Anyway, this generation has reached it's end for the current consoles. What exactly is left to boost the PS3? Tales of Xillia 2 is going to appeal to the people who already own a PS3 for the first game. Resident Evil 6 will give it a boost I suppose. Versus doesn't even have a release date. Plus with the launch of the Wii U it could start eating into PS3 sales. All in all the chances of the PS3 getting even with 2 million of the Wii are slim.

PS3 hardware sales have been pretty terrible as of late. The price cut and new slim will invigorate hardware sales for a little while, but it's not going to be some kind huge boost unless they drop the price to 15k yen. Speaking of which isn't the Wii still 20k yen in Japan which means the PS3 and Wii will be priced the same with this likely price drop coming? What the fuck Nintendo? Anyway, this generation has reached it's end for the current consoles. What exactly is left to boost the PS3? Tales of Xillia 2 is going to appeal to the people who already own a PS3 for the first game. Resident Evil 6 will give it a boost I suppose. Versus doesn't even have a release date. Plus with the launch of the Wii U it could start eating into PS3 sales. All in all the chances of the PS3 getting even with 2 million of the Wii are slim.

There was a price cut just last year and it had zero effect. It won't make the line.
With WiiU coming out too - especially in Japan, PS3 is going to be in tough competition.

WiiU/3DS look to be great 'repositioning' for Nintendo - in Japan. I think Sony need to worry more about their home territory - without MS they have only Nintendo to really compete with - WiiU is coming out ASAP - it could storm them in the short term and basically kill the PS3.

tuffy

WiiU/3DS look to be great 'repositioning' for Nintendo - in Japan.
What's interesting is that the WiiU seems purpose-built to cater to Japan's love of portables.

"People like playing systems with dedicated screens at home on the couch? Okay, our next system's primary controller will be a device with a screen to be played at home on the couch!"

DGRE

Banned
Yeah but how many Wiis got sold back to the shop due to lack of interest once the fad died out?

Then again depending on how DQX is there might be a small sales boost.
What does that have to do with anything?

I think the median IQ in these threads is going down.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
There was a price cut just last year and it had zero effect. It won't make the line.
With WiiU coming out too - especially in Japan, PS3 is going to be in tough competition.

WiiU/3DS look to be great 'repositioning' for Nintendo - in Japan. I think Sony need to worry more about their home territory - without MS they have only Nintendo to really compete with - WiiU is coming out ASAP - it could storm them in the short term and basically kill the PS3.

What kind of repositioning?
3DS is following the same path of the DS, I think. DS was very strong, I don't see the 3DS to be able to increase its success (or neither repeat it exaclty), while up to now the Wii U to me seems ver less strong than the Wii, honestly.

I know that PS3 is not properly ON FIRE (as the Wii was back in the days) but it's stronger than ever in terms of software results, in my opinion, and I think that software houses as Namco Bandai or Sega or Koei or Konami will support PS3 over the Wii U, and generally speaking the actual japanese support for the Wii U is almost zero.

I think that home console-wise, the overall landscape in Japan is way better than in the past few years for Sony

test_account

XP-39C²
The question is which will prove a challenge to the 3ds

the 3ds has been number 1 worldwide since last june
Well, it is two different markets, home system VS portable. The 3DS has been out for over a year now, and the PS3 havnt made much impact on that. I dont think that the WiiU will either.

3DS is following the same path of the DS, I think. DS was very strong, I don't see the 3DS to be able to increase its success (or neither repeat it exaclty), while up to now the Wii U to me seems ver less strong than the Wii, honestly.

I know that PS3 is not properly ON FIRE (as the Wii was back in the days) but it's stronger than ever in terms of software results, in my opinion, and I think that software houses as Namco Bandai or Sega or Koei or Konami will support PS3 over the Wii U, and generally speaking the actual japanese support for the Wii U is almost zero.

I think that home console-wise, the overall landscape in Japan is way better than in the past few years for Sony
3DS was repositioned to essentially act as the successor to both DS and PSP, and with a couple smart franchise acquisitions it's basically pulling it off while PSP is fading and Vita is sinking fast. I expect Wii U to very much be a repeat versus PS3/PS4, or at least planned that way. Casual/Family Wii base coming back plus a smarter migration path for PS3 core devs.

We also have basically no clue what Japanese support for Wii U looks like, so any real comment on that now is pure conjection. We know about DQX and that's literally it for the Japanese market so far.

3DS has held back on what made the DS a hit. Instead chasing that PSP market.
WiiU is going to bring them ahead of 360/PS3

Every new generation of a console IS 'repositioning'. With WiiU their dropping Wii features to merge both contemporary gaming with the DS style features.

I wouldn't say people will support PS3 over WiiU. Likely both will be supported.
PS3 sales are like all this gen sales across the world - dying off.

If WiiU is a success on launch - support will move to WiiU (except for the big franchises who need the userbase) - but there will be a move to WiiU.

We've seen with this gen Japanese developers worried about the cost of HD development; the PS4 could be a hard sell.

How much the WiiU will affect PS3 will be interesting to see; but the PS3 won't be 'beating it' unless its a Vita size collapse (the sales of the PS3 make this clear enough).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
3DS was repositioned to essentially act as the successor to both DS and PSP, and with a couple smart franchise acquisitions it's basically pulling it off while PSP is fading and Vita is sinking fast. I expect Wii U to very much be a repeat versus PS3/PS4, or at least planned that way. Casual/Family Wii base coming back plus a smarter migration path for PS3 core devs.

We also have basically no clue what Japanese support for Wii U looks like, so any real comment on that now is pure conjection. We know about DQX and that's literally it for the Japanese market so far.

About the 3ds = DS + PSP I agree that this is the original plan. I'm not sure that this plan really took place, with the great exception of MH of course. I'm also quiet sure that Vita's main problems are not 3DS related up to now. But I see and almost agree with you point.

At the same time, I'm not sure that Wii U will be planned to follow the same path, or at least I have huge doubts about its real chances to reach that target. For many reasons, based both of Wii's struggle with a certain demographic and on PS3 very good performances software-wise.

About the Jap support, I firmly think that if no games have been shown, I think that no game is actually planned to be released (were "no game" is to be intended as "very few games, so weak support). I mean: before E3 we were speculating about possible NDA secrecy but we descovered that a lot of software houses are not planning to support it strongly, so...). Of course, if we will discover a lot of games in the next months I'll change my mind about it, but up to now considering that it seems to have just a late port of a MMORPG (also if DQ based of course) I don't think that we can really imagine a Wii U able to steal third party PS3 support for the Japanese market.

3DS has held back on what made the DS a hit. Instead chasing that PSP market.
WiiU is going to bring them ahead of 360/PS3

Every new generation of a console IS 'repositioning'. With WiiU their dropping Wii features to merge both contemporary gaming with the DS style features.

I wouldn't say people will support PS3 over WiiU. Likely both will be supported.
PS3 sales are like all this gen sales across the world - dying off.

If WiiU is a success on launch - support will move to WiiU (except for the big franchises who need the userbase) - but there will be a move to WiiU.

We've seen with this gen Japanese developers worried about the cost of HD development; the PS4 could be a hard sell.

How much the WiiU will affect PS3 will be interesting to see; but the PS3 won't be 'beating it' unless its a Vita size collapse (the sales of the PS3 make this clear enough).

I could agree with PS4 possible cost increase for developments, but about PS3 sales I don't agree because I think that up to now for a lot of softco PS3 software results are very good and positive, and generally speaking it is the second best choice after the 3DS.
Plus, if a softco is worried about cost increase I think that the portable market could be a safer bet over the Wii U (portable market is very strong and 3ds install base is very high and quiet active)
So, Wii U support is in my opinion a great question mark, up to now, and without the right third party support all Wii U's success lays on Nintendo shoulder (that means a lot, I'm not saying that Nintendo first party titles could not be enough to sustain a successfull console)

The WiiU is also a HD console.

Yes, but I mean the next next to PS4 would be even harder. If they want a new console to succeed am sure they would like the WiiU.

Thats all I mean by repositioning with the WiiU, its more powerful (and greater functionality) than the PS3 but not as powerful as what the PS4 will 'likely' be.

Its still wait and see though how devs respond.

Jackano

About the 3ds = DS + PSP I agree that this is the original plan. I'm not sure that this plan really took place, with the great exception of MH of course.

And Resident Evil, MGS, and Kingdom hearts kind of games.
Outside sony's Ips and some Final Fantasy titles, what's left?

watershed

Banned
I think the 3ds is definitely taking the ds+psp market approach. Looking at the success of third parties and some more core oriented titles I'd say the 3ds has done a pretty good job of eating into the psp market. The bigger question for me is if it can also carry the ds expanded audience into the next generation. We're about to find out with both NSMB2 and Oni Training releasing in the coming months.

saichi

However, it doesn't help them on hardware front. PSP had great software support last year but the hard number still dropped by a large amount even after adding PSV numbers. It is declining even further this year.

re: Japanese Wii U support

I have not seen any third party Wii U game announced other than DQX. I hope you wouldn't really expect zero third party game in Japan for Wii U launch because they didn't show any at E3.

DGRE

Banned
At the same time, I'm not sure that Wii U will be planned to follow the same path, or at least I have huge doubts about its real chances to reach that target. For many reasons, based both of Wii's struggle with a certain demographic and on PS3 very good performances software-wise.

I'm not saying this is the end of the discussion, but how many million sellers has Wii had, and how many million sellers had PS3 had (in Japan)?

test_account

XP-39C²
Yes, but I mean the next next to PS4 would be even harder. If they want a new console to succeed am sure they would like the WiiU.

Thats all I mean by repositioning with the WiiU, its more powerful (and greater functionality) than the PS3 but not as powerful as what the PS4 will 'likely' be.

Its still wait and see though how devs respond.
Isnt that pretty much the same situation as the Wii/PS3? Weaker hardware, but compensated (if that is the right word to use) by having a more unique controller.

Similar things were said with the Wii, that it was too expencive to make HD games. But the developers didnt flock to the Wii because of that. Other arguements used around this was that developers wanted to make portable games instead.

But yes, this is a new generation, so only time will tell if things changes.

I have not seen any third party Wii U game announced other than DQX. I hope you wouldn't really expect zero third party game in Japan for Wii U launch because they didn't show any at E3.
Tank! Tank! Tank! and some Tekken game have also been announecd.

About the 3ds = DS + PSP I agree that this is the original plan. I'm not sure that this plan really took place, with the great exception of MH of course. I'm also quiet sure that Vita's main problems are not 3DS related up to now. But I see and almost agree with you point.
It's definitely happening, 3DS growth correlates almost exactly with PSP decline. And Monster Hunter is precisely the reason for that, which seems odd you'd try to exclude it given it was literally the franchise that drove PSP's wider success. I mean the rise of PSP & MH were intrinsically linked, it'd be like if Nintendo had snagged FFX as a Gamecube exclusive in 2000. Nintendo also pushed hard to secure other PS associated franchises early on (Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Tekken, Kingdom Hearts, Ridge Racer, Musou, PES, etc) so it's not like the end result for 3DS has been just DS+MH either.

I wouldn't characterize either Wii or PS3 as really great software wise overall. Wii definitely failed as a core gaming machine, but PS3 also failed as a mainstream game machine and seems like system uttely incapable of delivering real hit software. Each system seems like it only represents half of what previous console market leaders like PS2 or Famicom were capable of. I think with Wii U, the hope from Nintendo's perspective is delivering a platform capable of serving both audiences. And I think that depends pretty much on how aggressive Nintendo is with securing early support and building the proper fanbaseds.

3DS as an indicator is promising, but then securing exclusive 3DS support for the Japanese market is likely a far easier proposition than it will be for Wii U. On the other hand, getting multiplatform stuff should be a lot easier for Wii U due to the dynamics of HD development, and in Japan secifically Nintendo should have a better time of it too given they're the only first party who even really seems to invest in the region today.

About the Jap support, I firmly think that if no games have been shown, I think that no game is actually planned to be released (were "no game" is to be intended as "very few games, so weak support). I mean: before E3 we were speculating about possible NDA secrecy but we descovered that a lot of software houses are not planning to support it strongly, so...). Of course, if we will discover a lot of games in the next months I'll change my mind about it, but up to now considering that it seems to have just a late port of a MMORPG (also if DQ based of course) I don't think that we can really imagine a Wii U able to steal third party PS3 support for the Japanese market.
Iwata specifically said Japanese 3rd party publishers would be announcing games after E3, so you should have been expecting this all along. Nintendo themselves haven't even formally announced any Wii U games for Japan yet afaik, except vaguely talking about Smash Bros, DQX is literally the only announced release as of now.

No Japanese devs or pubs have confirmed PS4 support, I guess there is none?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
About Wii U, I'll repeat what I said some time ago: Vita's debacle actually helps future Wii U's support.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
And Resident Evil, MGS, and Kingdom hearts kind of games.
Outside sony's Ips and some Final Fantasy titles, what's left?

Well, if we look at the actual confirmed or announced games, you are right.
Also if other episodes of those franchises will be presented for Vita, we can find them also (up to now: only) on 3ds. Good point.

My doubts were related to the actual "results" of other titles but MH in terms of actual "stealing" the demographic from PSP. I'm still not sure that 3DS up to now could be declared successfull in this "plan".

Let's see if it will confirm this status with other "in-demographic" titles in the future

However, it doesn't help them on hardware front. PSP had great software support last year but the hard number still dropped by a large amount even after adding PSV numbers. It is declining even further this year.

re: Japanese Wii U support

I don't think that PS3 hw numbers are so important to third party developers to decide if putting their 2013 games on the Wii U or on the PS3. I think that the strong results of One Piece Mosous, Tales of Xillia and other games, as the ones I'm expecting from RE6, Yakuza 5 and Tales of Xillia2, will be way more important.
Also considering that Wii U will have zero install base compared to the 8.5 millions install base of PS3 (with those software results clearly underlining an activa user base)

About Japanese support, we saw very few games announced up to now, but not only SQ10 (some Sega game as All star racing, Tekken from Namco, Tank tank from Bandai and so on). Why should I judge the actual Wii U support situation imagining non-existent titles? If (or if you prefer: when) they'll announce more games, we'll evaluate the situation and change our mind. Nothing is forbidding third parties to announce their games via Famitsu or individual conferences or other ways. And we also have clear sentences from some publisher that is not supporting the Wii U with its own already announced games (such as Konami for example, or Capcom).

I'm not saying this is the end of the discussion, but how many million sellers has Wii had, and how many million sellers had PS3 had (in Japan)?

Wii had a great run in terms of both software and hardware in Japan.
Main problem: almost no third party software house understood the opportunity at the very beginning, and also Nintendo aimed the console in a "selective" way (almost only Nintendo fans and casual market), so the traditional third party products struggled on the Wii, compared to the PS3.
That's the reason why I think that now that third parties are able to obtain great results with their own classic games (such as rpg and mosou games) on PS3 I'm not so sure they'll change their mind betting on the Wii U

Also if other episodes of those franchises will be presented for Vita, we can find them also (up to now: only) on 3ds. Good point.

My doubts were related to the actual "results" of other titles but MH in terms of actual "stealing" the demographic from PSP. I'm still not sure that 3DS up to now could be declared successfull in this "plan".

Let's see if it will confirm this status with other "in-demographic" titles in the future

It's also clear that you cannot compare PSP software results after 5-6 year in the market with 3DS situation after a year and a half. It's not that suddenly all PSP otaku owner migrated over 3DS.

Tank! Tank! Tank! and some Tekken game have also been announecd.
Not for Japan they haven't been. I mean obviously Namco's stuff will see JPN release, as will some western games like some of Ubisoft's stuff, and Tecmo may selfpublish NG3 too, but none of that's been announced yet. Right now the ONLY Wii U game announced for Japan is Dragon Quest X.

For Japanese made Wii U games we know of so far:

Dragon Quest X (Armor Project/Square Enix)
Game & Wario (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge (Team Ninja)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
Project P-100 (Platinum Games)
Super Smash Bros. (Project Sora/Namco/BEC)
Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco)
Transformers Prime (Now Production)
Wii Fit U (Nintendo)

test_account

XP-39C²
About Wii U, I'll repeat what I said some time ago: Vita's debacle actually helps future Wii U's support.
How so?

Not for Japan they haven't been. I mean obviously Namco's stuff will see JPN release, as will some western games like some of Ubisoft's stuff, and Tecmo may selfpublish NG3 too, but none of that's been announced yet. Right now the ONLY Wii U game announced for Japan is Dragon Quest X.
Are you sure? Tank! already has a japanese website:

http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/am/vg/tanktanktank/mode.php

Have Tekken been announced either? I mean, have the specifically said date and region? Or with all the other games for that matter? Have they given specific region and date for those games?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's definitely happening, 3DS growth correlates almost exactly with PSP decline. And Monster Hunter is precisely the reason for that, which seems odd you'd try to exclude it given it was literally the franchise that drove PSP's wider success. I mean the rise of PSP & MH were intrinsically linked, it'd be like if Nintendo had snagged FFX as a Gamecube exclusive in 2000. Nintendo also pushed hard to secure other PS associated franchises early on (Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Tekken, Kingdom Hearts, Ridge Racer, Musou, PES, etc) so it's not like the end result for 3DS has been just DS+MH either.

I wouldn't characterize either Wii or PS3 as really great software wise overall. Wii definitely failed as a core gaming machine, but PS3 also failed as a mainstream game machine and seems like system uttely incapable of delivering real hit software. Each system seems like it only represents half of what previous console market leaders like PS2 or Famicom were capable of. I think with Wii U, the hope from Nintendo's perspective is delivering a platform capable of serving both audiences. And I think that depends pretty much on how aggressive Nintendo is with securing early support and building the proper fanbaseds.

3DS as an indicator is promising, but then securing exclusive 3DS support for the Japanese market is likely a far easier proposition than it will be for Wii U. On the other hand, getting multiplatform stuff should be a lot easier for Wii U due to the dynamics of HD development, and in Japan secifically Nintendo should have a better time of it too given they're the only first party who even really seems to invest in the region today.

Iwata specifically said Japanese 3rd party publishers would be announcing games after E3, so you should have been expecting this all along. Nintendo themselves haven't even formally announced any Wii U games for Japan yet afaik, except vaguely talking about Smash Bros, DQX is literally the only announced release as of now.

No Japanese devs or pubs have confirmed PS4 support, I guess there is none?

I almost agree about the 3ds: I think that they tried to secure at least a part of the PSP audience with MH, and I think that they was successfull, also with the other titles you suggested. I still think that Vita's main problems are more related to the price and the still existing third party supporto on PSP, and that in the future Vita's numbers and support will increase side by side. Please note: I'm not saying that Vita will beat or fight head to head with the 3ds or that £DS failed in reaching a certain PSP target.

About the Wii U, in my opinion is a totally different story.
PS4 is not announced neither shown at two consecutive E3 shows.
Wii U will be on the market within few months.
Are you really comparing PS4 and Wii U situations? :\
Honestly, Wii U = Vita, in terms of "third party misterious silence". Not so misterious in my opinion...
Do you remember 3DS list of incoming games showed at E3 2011? There were almost ALL the major Japanese franchises. And they are coming, one after another. Instead I remember the lack of games announced for Vita, and we are saying the result in these Japanese Sales topics...
I know that Iwata told that there will be Japanese titles announced in the future...but he also said that there should have been western games for 3DS at E3.............

I repeat: if, or when, Japanese games will be announced for the Wii U I'll change my mind about the possible success of the console. I dont' hate the Wii U and I don't earn anything speaking "bad" about its actual support situation.

Jackano

Yeah I see your point. Problem is, IMO this is probably too early to debate on that, each of those two systems (3DS and vita) are actually busy enougth to catch their own previous customers, particularly the vita against the psp.

I think we will see some announcements at Tokyo Game Show (obviously), but I don't anticipate any strong japanese third party titles for this year.
This may be a concern for Nintendo and their third parties, but nto for the Wii U itself which can count on Mario.

Takao

Banned

For Japanese made Wii U games we know of so far:

Dragon Quest X (Armor Project/Square Enix)
Game & Wario (Nintendo/Intelligent Systems)
New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge (Team Ninja)
Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
Project P-100 (Platinum Games)
Super Smash Bros. (Project Sora/Namco/BEC)
Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco)
Transformers Prime (Now Production)
Wii Fit U (Nintendo)

When you start listing games that may be 3DS up-ports you know you've counted every game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It's also clear that you cannot compare PSP software results after 5-6 year in the market with 3DS situation after a year and a half. It's not that suddenly all PSP otaku owner migrated over 3DS.

I agree. That's the reason why I think that up to now we can say that:

- Nintendo planned to "steal" at least part of PSP market with some (a lot, we can say) of third party titles coming out (sometimes for the first time ever) on a Nintendo portable
- the plan is going on, it's a work in progress and it had both good, bad or standard results depending from title to title
- in order to reinforce the plan they should go ahead offering that kind of games (MH4 will be the huge next, but we'll have also other as Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2 for example)
- in order to understand how much this plan will be effective (it's super effective! :p ) we'll have to wait and see for games planned for a later moment of the console life cycle

Row

Banned
I can't see the WiiU doing anywhere close to Wii numbers outside launch, it doesn't and will never have anywhere close to the hype and marketability that the Wii had

Bruno MB

I fail to see Wii U getting more third-party support than Wii. In fact at this point, Wii U getting the same support than Wii had in its first year is starting to look like a best case scenario.

For me 3DS is more like GBA+PSP rather than a NDS, let alone NDS+PSP.

Top Bottom