• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JAY Z - "Moonlight" video (Friends spoof)

Video talks about black TV shows as appossed to black version of white TV shows and you have an actor from Insecure, actors from The Carmichael Show, an actor from Atlanta and also the guy who directed this video directed Atlanta.

Levels.

I don't know. This video, like Jay's work lately is coming off as pretentious.

LionPride

Banned
I was introduced to it through my sister and her roommate being fans of it, who became addicted to it through reruns.

I guess for people who watched the show and get to know the characters and their tendencies/mannerisms, this stuff makes sense. Seeing other's act it out like in the OP's video doesn't have the same effect.

I have seen every episode of Friends

Many of em twice

Do not enjoy it

LionPride

Banned
24 eps per season times 10 seasons = ~240 episodes.

That's a lot of episodes to hate-watch, breh.

Watched em growin up, in syndication and shit

Then watched em again when I got older

Made a mistake

I'll take Fraiser or Seinfeld any day of the week over Friends

- J - D -

They all offer different things to different folks. Going back it'll be hard for me to tolerate the laugh tracks though be it Frasier, Friends, Senfield, etc.

I gotta say, watching the moonlight video again they really nailed the set design. it looks 100% accurate from what I remember. And I know they had to build it from scratch since the actual Friends sets were torn down when the show ended.

see5harp

Curb is coming back. No reason to revisit Seinfeld. Or at least the first couple seasons. First couple seasons of even the simpsons is hard to stomach too.

That was fascinating. I wasn't ready.

To this day I don't understand what made it funny. I resigned myself to just calling it, "white people humor". But even then it was different because I enjoyed shit like Cheers, Home Improvement, Full House, Boy Meets World, The Wonder Years, so on and so forth. But Friends? I just couldn't.
People loved it because it was the ideal world (next to none minorities overall) they still had problems! And friendship kept them strong

The Carmichael Show which was recently cancelled after three seasons featured 3 of them. Jerrod Carmichael (obviously), Lil Rel Howery, and Tiffany Haddish.

The way Carmicheal show ended is an absolute crime. Those last 2 episodes were so disappointing. Thankfully Insecure is good and Atlanta is coming back. I have hope for Grown-ish being good too.

Top Bottom