• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

thabiz

a0456230537_2.jpg

SunYehoshua - Playing Goalie

IrishNinja

so much to catch up on~

it's funny, for my first fire academy in 2005, i was honestly quite scared while training for it, and used to play mystline to get hyped up after meditating to get in that right frame of mind. i'd sometimes hear it when i was in the field, running or dragging hose in bunker gear, etc...song came to mean quite a lot to me. i rarely play it cause of that context/impact.

i'm possibly looking at another dept/academy later this year, and still pretty apprehensive, cause the stakes are a bit higher...this year, it's Substantial - Rise son that i'm using. so grateful for this sound sometimes.

Cerity

EvanAwake has announced a new album.

"Sketchbook" will contain 38 finished tracks at least. That's around 1h 50min of music for you guys!!! :D

I will send out promotion / review copies in July and hopefully I can manage to release a public preview version with a few tracks on CCR bandcamp before official release.

Album is as good as finished. Only a few tracks are still work in progress or need some mastering.

Stay tuned till July :)

Kids Never Grow Up

neoism

Oh man... that is a great track, but Prayer has Modal Soul beat just by a little bit..
I love that song.
I loved Spiritual State but its definitely not my favorite album... this is my fav song though
Spiritual State (featuring Uyama Hiroto)
fav albums are

1 Modal Soul Light on the land :*( albums dont get better..

2 Metaphorical Music its best track A Day by Atmosphere Supreme<3 This song all day lonng

3 2nd Collections Nujabes - Counting Stars

LOOOVE Modal soul 2 and The Nujabes Ristorante Mixtapes Side A <3 <3 track 13 all ovea meh face

Nujabes fo lif....
RIP.

Go_Ly_Dow

The piano that kicks in at 2:34 in the Uyama Hiroto track I posted above is just magical

Also the top comment is really touching.

"4 years ago when my friend/brother-in-law passed away, this song helped pulled me through. Even though he is gone and won't be able to live his life, I can still live my own life and complete this One Dream that everyone hopes&#65279; to have."

Fjordson

I loved Spiritual State but its definitely not my favorite album... this is my fav song though
Spiritual State (featuring Uyama Hiroto)
fav albums are

1 Modal Soul Light on the land :*( albums dont get better..

2 Metaphorical Music its best track A Day by Atmosphere Supreme<3 This song all day lonng

3 2nd Collections Nujabes - Counting Stars

LOOOVE Modal soul 2 and The Nujabes Ristorante Mixtapes Side A <3 <3 track 13 all ovea meh face

Nujabes fo lif....
RIP.
That Light on the Land track is just incredible. The late afternoon/night atmosphere it gives off with the (what I assume are) cricket sounds in the background. And the horn. Just a beautiful production.

Modal Soul is a classic album, though I do wish it had been more instrumental. Even though the MC's on there are actually pretty good from what I can remember, like Shing02 and Substantial, but for some reason I prefer instrumental tracks when it comes to jazz-hop. Same goes for all of Nujabes' albums I guess.

neoism

That Light on the Land track is just incredible. The late afternoon/night atmosphere it gives off with the (what I assume are) cricket sounds in the background. And the horn. Just a beautiful production.

Modal Soul is a classic album, though I do wish it had been more instrumental. Even though the MC's on there are actually pretty good from what I can remember, like Shing02 and Substantial, but for some reason I prefer instrumental tracks when it comes to jazz-hop. Same goes for all of Nujabes' albums I guess.
brofist mang.. I have hardly ever listened the the rap tracks its allll instrumental to me. to me rap is just soo impersonal, not just rap most lyrical music, I do like some though, but I love music but 99% is non-lyrical.

injurai

Banned
Wish we could get more activity and members in here! Shame we got dumped into community.

Anyway~

Feather!

I really should post more. I get so busy that I hardly contribute to any of the music threads that I follow. The name of this thread is a bit deceiving but it should be expanded for Nu-Jazz and Swing-House imo. Might draw some more people in.

IrishNinja

2 for 2, biz - especially dug that last one!

for what it's worth man, you gotta know we all appreciate the quality bandcamp links around here man, don't ever stop <3

Jaroof

yep classic
but this will forever remain my favorite Uyama song... <3 <3 <3 <3
Uyama Hiroto - Stratus (Homework Edit)

Yes, Stratus is amazing..
Ribbon in the Sea is still my favorite Uyama Hiroto song. Well, song that was only by him..
Faure is definitely one of my favorites by him, and it features Haruka Nakamura.

I hope Uyama comes out with a new album, soon..
Haruka Nakamura, too.. Twilight was such a chill album.

Edit:
Elaquent just released this album the other day:

Edit 2:
Friendzone linked this on their FB page:
Reeeaally downtempo beats.

Top Bottom