• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jedi Survivor on gamepass...

Skifi28

It's a decent game and the technical aspect is much improved after all the updates. I have a few issues with the combat/encounter design, but it's definitely worth playing if you liked the previous game.

Fbh

Definitely worth it if you have gamepass.
The combat still has some issues, but overall it's an improvement compared to the already solid original

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
It's a decent game and the technical aspect is much improved after all the updates. I have a few issues with the combat/encounter design, but it's definitely worth playing if you liked the previous game.

What if you thought the previous game was OK but kinda got bored after a while?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It was more effort to make this thread than to just download it, so I’d say go for it. You already passed the threshold of interest.

saintjules

Just downloaded it tonight but goes straight to the backlog. I have a sealed Series X copy that I might now try to sell.

manfestival

downloaded it but been playing another crabs treasure in the meantime and enjoying that. Once I finish I am heading into that.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just beat it this week. Couldn’t put it down.

Doesn’t stick the landing/final section but the rest was a blast.

Roberts

I really enjoyed the first one. Finished it without interruptions, but only played the second one for an hour or so. I mean, it is not bad and in no way inferior but I guess my Star Wars excitement is at all-time low so I have no real motivation of playing it further. Maybe some other time.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The console version is in a much better state than it was at launch. It now has an actually well-performing Performance mode.

I can't say for the PC version personally but have heard that it's still somewhat busted.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I've played it when it launched (on PS5) and the technical state was absolutely dreadful. Couldn't keep a steady framerate and was also dropping to super low resolutions. If that's largely fixed then the game's biggest problem is out of the way.

I also didn't like the final twist, the first game had a much cooler finale / ending. The game itself is fun and the maps are BIG (especially Koboh). You can spend hours and hours trying to uncover all areas and get all collectibles.

Last edited:

CS Lurker

My game was crashing because of a VRAM leak (my GPU has more VRAM than needed), and it was only fixed when setting the windows VRAM to 30GB~60GB. Then I was able to go through the opening mission. I need to play again to see if new crashes will happen for other reasons, but I hope not.

T4keD0wN

What if you thought the previous game was OK but kinda got bored after a while?
I though the first one was mediocre creatively and terrible technically, the second one is fantastic creatively and meh technically (big improvement in that aspect, but still far from good)
Not on PC. People talking about performance for Dragon's Dogma but it has nothing on that PoS.
Its not that bad with frame gen, game is so good its worth trying, theres stuttering, but compared to Fallen Order its much more manageable, not like people should be thinking about playing this game without playing the first one, so if someone managed to suffer through FO then this shouldnt be a big problem.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Hell yes, it's so good, in enjoying it a lot right now, I'm one of those that love the combat but if souls games are not your thing maybe it will be a little difficult at the beginning until you get it, it's not as hard as Sekiro or Dark Souls but kinda same style I mean.

There are some complaints I have but the game is mostly solid. Performance is shit BTW, but I just got used to it.

RPS37

I really liked it, but the difficulty was getting annoying and then I started having performance issues on XSX.

yamaci17

I really liked it, but the difficulty was getting annoying and then I started having performance issues on XSX.
i've started a fresh run and found that koboh runs much better when you first arrived there. once you progress more into the story and more NPCs and enemies spawn in koboh, performance becomes much much worse and this is actually not documented in any of the console benchmarks found on the youtube. I tested this on PC so can't say if it is the same on consoles or not. but I have to guess it is the same

of course not a fault of benchmarkers. they cant benchmark everything but an important point to consider regardless. I was surprised how well koboh ran initially compared to how it runs on my %100 save. it is night and day difference. then again, when you first arrive koboh it is pretty much a dead town. then again, it is not like it is bustling with life with %100 save either. couple of npcs, some beasts and that's it

Last edited:

Trilobit

The first one had weirdly unappealing characters and it never reached any great height akin to Jedi Academy or KotOR. But it was okay for what it was, might check out survivor some rainy day.

Bartski

Gold Member
Very disappointing sequel, imo only for die hard star wars fans which is a club I was never part of. Dreadful performance months after launch at least when I played it and apparently even worse on the xbox than playstation. I think they baked all lights at some point so you’re able to turn RT off now, which should make it run half-decent

ISS it getting better? I just finished the starting area, but it was pretty boring and often I really had no idea where the game wants me to go

Ev1L AuRoN

I bought it and quite frankly I love that game, I think the problem most people have with it was the poor performance at launch, playing in performance mode now is great, the game is beautiful and it has great HDR support. Now that's on Gamepass I think it is a must-play for every subscriber.

Top Bottom