• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Clarkson booked to host BBC's Have I Got News For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/17/jeremy-clarkson-bbc-have-i-got-news-for-you

AjHZYer.jpg

Jeremy Clarkson is in line to make a sensational return to the BBC as a guest host on Have I Got News For You.

Clarkson, currently suspended from BBC2’s Top Gear following an alleged fracas with a producer, has been booked to present the third episode of the new series of the comedy panel show, due to return to BBC1 next month.

Jimmy Mulville, managing director of Have I Got News For You producer Hat Trick, said: “We always have a field day with Jeremy … Maybe we will get the producer on so he can hit Jeremy Clarkson live on television.”

His appearance, understood to have been arranged before the latest controversy, has the potential to be hugely embarrassing for the BBC, and potentially even more contentious if it airs in the run-up to the general election on 7 May.

THE:MILKMAN

is appearance, understood to have been arranged before the latest controversy, has the potential to be hugely embarrassing for the BBC, and potentially even more contentious if it airs in the run-up to the general election on 7 May.

Bollocks! This has been a long planned PR stunt in which the Top Gear team had already decided to call it a day and move on to new things./Tinfoil hat

But I thought he had been suspended pending the investigation? Does that only apply to Top Gear? :|

That's not how it works, beeb.

Can't wait. Also reminds me of the episode of 8 out of 10 cats shot just after jimmy carrs tax evasion scandal. Some of the funniest TV ever.

Angus Deayton was fired from the job because it was very hard to joke about news when you are the news apparently.

Jeremy Clarkson has, sadly, been the news for a while now.

Good work, BBC.

The man is a total oath. He hasn't the wit to respond to jokes about him in a way that would be entertaining. He'll just swear and/or throw things, like he has before. Because he's nothing more than a fucking idiot.

The sooner the BBC, and the world, realises this the better.

Angus Deayton was fired from the job because it was very hard to joke about news when you are the news apparently.

Good work, BBC.

The man is a total oath. He hasn't the wit to respond to jokes about him in a way that would be entertaining. He'll just swear and/or throw things, like he has before. Because he's nothing more than a fucking idiot.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Sacked Angus Deayton for what he did in his private life but this is OK?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Good work, BBC.

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom