• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BBC suspend Jeremy Clarkson (assaulting producer?) cancel rest of Top Gear Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertain...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

So after all his recent misdemeanour's it takes a fracas to suspend him.

Update:

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC "following a fracas" with a producer.

The corporation said the presenter had been suspended "pending an investigation".

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday," it said.

"The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

I get the sense that this has been brewing for some time. As much as I like it, I wonder how long it is before the current Top Gear format needs changing.

sin2sin

Neo Member
Though he is an awesome presenter, he's a terrible role model and let's be honest it's a surprise he's made it this long without getting into serious trouble!

Busty

Banned
Well he punched Piers Morgan once..., so at least Clarkson appears to use his powers of 'fracas' for good.

Count me in with the people coming in wondering what the hell Mr. Clarkson could have done to actually get suspended given his history. Have to figure "fracas" is a serious euphemism here.

I heard he hit a producer, dunno if thats true.

Yeah, I'm thinking it would have to be something at or above this level for this to happen.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Racism is okay. Fracas? You're off.

I'm not really interested in directly comparing the two, but when it's words vs. violence, I could see reasonable people coming down on either side.

If the racism thing was more than words, then ignore me, I haven't followed that story.

Could just be BBC's reaction to a culmination of issues with Jeremy. Maybe this time was severe enough on its own or maybe, when paired with the stuff he's pulled in the past, broke the proverbial camel's back.

Lagamorph

I only watch Top Gear for the silly parts anymore, the Supercar stuff I just tune out and I can't stand the celebrity guest segments. The only parts I enjoy are stuff like the challenges and specials. Without Clarkson those parts would be nowhere near as entertaining and I'd just stop watching altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom