• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Evening Jeremy Clarkson - Views on Top Gear, The BBC, Brexit and much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveCake

Just watching this and I thought it would be of interest to others that either love or hate Jeremy Clarkson, I know he is a very divisive person!
An Evening Jeremy Clarkson
Jeremy Clarkson set the challenge of naming his new Amazon Prime show to the China Exchange audience. During his 60 minutes, the conversation covered Top Gear best bits (remember the terrifying Death Road in Bolivia?), views on the London Mayoral elections and Brexit, the curious role of losing one’s temper in being awarded the Victoria Cross; and more petrol-head talk than a driverless, hydrogen powered car could fit in its boot!

This live, public talk and Q&A, hosted by Sir David Tang, was recorded at China Exchange in Chinatown, London, UK on 3 May 2016.

At the start Sir David Tang says that Jeremy Clarkson has no notes (he doesn't) and also it seems so far that no question is off limits!

Clarkson is such a cunt. Hate how much attention he gets for being a talentless, racist, aggressive prick.

Thread done.

Turned off Top Gear completely when he started to get off the deep end. Of course, TG fans love to defend his racist, xenophobic ass to the ends of the Earth too.

Jonnax

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/ar...t-things-jeremy-clarkson-has-said--l14ffimcfe

Airports

Clarkson suggested airport delays could be solved by "a bit of racism" in his Sun column. "Nobody is waved through any more, he wrote. The result is plain for all to see. There’s a two-hour wait. And the problem is: the only possible solution is to introduce a bit of racism."

He added: "Nobody likes a racist. Nobody likes prejudice. It has no place at work, at play, or in government. But at Heathrow airport? Hmmm."

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/9067190

“[The media] have decided that we must now all turn our attention to the plight of people who want to change their name from Stan to Loretta.

“As far as I was concerned, men who want to be women were only really to be found on the internet or in the seedier bits of Bangkok. They were called ladyboys, and in my mind they were nothing more than the punchline in a stag night anecdote.”

A brilliant presenter and what seems to be a terrible person off (and sometimes on) the set. I still adore the original trio, and am avidly awaiting The Grand Tour, but I always wished that Clarkson could put on a bit more of a filter.

Falchion

Thanks, going to watch this at the gym later. Also I just realized his new show will be on Amazon and I just got Prime, excited to see how it'll turn out!

Xyber

Thread done.

Turned off Top Gear completely when he started to get off the deep end. Of course, TG fans love to defend his racist, xenophobic ass to the ends of the Earth too.

I don't agree with much of what he says off camera, but that doesn't change the fact that I stilled loved watching Top Gear. It was a good to great show all the way to the end, despite all the dumb shit he was spouting and I wasn't going to stop watching it because of his personal views.

That said, I would never defend him and most people who love Top Gear wouldn't either. But the vocal minority is always the loudest on the internet.

Spaghetti

Thread done.

Yep.

I liked Top Gear quite a bit when I was younger, but eventually I started to see the darker side and how the lines between the character Clarkson plays and who he really is starting to blur in a very unflattering way.

Sec0nd

I choose to ignore what Clakson says on his own time. He is fucking incredible on Top Gear and I cannot wait for the new show.

When you're entertaining and rich it makes it ok?, ok.

Rich, entertaining and white mind you. Just makes me remember when people were defending Clarkson knocking out that one set hand. Completely forgetting that if you or I did it, our asses would be fired on the spot.

Yep.

I liked Top Gear quite a bit when I was younger, but eventually I started to see the darker side and how the lines between the character Clarkson plays and who he really is starting to blur in a very unflattering way.

I completely agree. But I also hold the cardinal sin that I prefer the US Top Gear, so whatever.

I don't care what his views are, or what he has said recently. I just find the heavily scripted and badly acted show terrible and cringeworthy. How it is so popular baffles the mind.

He has made me laugh on QI in the past though, oh and HIGNFY.

I don't care what his views are, or what he has said recently. I just find the heavily scripted and badly acted show terrible and cringeworthy. How it is so popular baffles the mind.

He has made me laugh on QI in the past though, oh and HIGNFY.

Taking it from a car guy, most of it is pretty shitty too, though Top Gear was always at it's funniest on the roadtrips where the banter between the three was more natural and not so canned.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looking forward to going through this.

Clarkson is such a cunt. Hate how much attention he gets for being a talentless, racist, aggressive prick.
He is most definitely NOT talentless.

Taking it from a car guy, most of it is pretty shitty too, though Top Gear was always at it's funniest on the roadtrips where the banter between the three was more natural and not so canned.
The scripted stuff is a work of art, though. They're aware, and everyone is aware it's scripted. It makes for great mockumentary style stuff, in a way. The chemistry and charisma is too great in any context.

Philly40

Lynn, message from Alan. Something to pitch to Tony Hayers at BBC lunch, Friday. Idea for film extravaganza, plot thus:

May, Hammond and Clarkson assemble at Wendling airfield, engage in multiple drag-races, last man alive goes hostelling with Chris Eubank.

People are shitty, most just keep it private.

Clarksons work is something I accept on its own, the type of person he is has no bearing on how I perceive and receive his work.

Is he ignorant, yep .... does that matter when I watch his work? ..... nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom