• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

That's some juicy info. Sadly that will prolly make people batshit insane again.

PTG

I thought there would be differences in multiplatform games on day one, but not a 1080p vs 720p difference.

Slair

If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

You cant say shit like this, you're keeping us locked in this thread hoping for a CBOAT appearance now.

Finalizer

Great CBOAT, please let the cheeks part and release the information unto us...

h76EACQ.png

I would not worry, games should eventually look even just like with the ps3.

The PS3 has better hardware than the 360 but was tougher to develop for, resulting in worse multiplats on the PS3. The PS4 has better hardware than the one AND is easier to develop for, resulting in worse multiplats on the XBO. Even in the long run, you cannot just optimize beyond what the hardware allows, since the PS4 is better than the XBO on a specifications level.

CSX

Doesnt Bish's tease correspond with Proelite's OS problems ?

ANd didnt proelite mention that they are working in hella crunch time to fix it before launch?

This sounds like a big day 1 patch for XB1

Iacobellis

Surely I can't be the only one here to remember just quite how much of a pro-Microsoft blowhard Manabyte was here back during the early 360 days can I?

How times have changed.

Yep, I remember hearing reports that the tug-of-war over the project inside MS is gonna make amazing reading once someone does a Takahashi over the whole ordeal.

I would definitely buy that book and read it from front to back.

I don't even like books.

WasMachinator

Neo Member
I won't ask you what they are, as PM is private messaging. But, if we can entertain this as a bomb; are we talking a tsar bomba or an atomic bomb? I know CBOAT mentioned ESRAM or something akin being a major present issue for the platform, which I thought led to these differences in resolution.

I certainly hope it wont be rated as an exploding reactor #4 @ fukushima

The 720people thing was goddamn funny, but now he's acting like an asshole.

"9 minutes new footage killzone SF !" 10 pages in 2 days
"New Forza direct feed !" 5 pages in 3 days
"Half life 3 announced ! Is the best game ever !" 15 pages in 24 hours

"Xbox one game 720p !" 100 pages in 5 hours.

thisisneogaf.gif

I also have a beefy gaming rig, and after playing 360/PS3 games almost exclusively for nearly 8 years and finally discovering 1080p on the PC...it's almost impossible to look back. I would stick to PC gaming, but I prefer my online shooters on console because I suck ass with a kb&m as opposed to a controller.

With all of that said though, I'll definitely still pick up an Xbox One for Titanfall and Halo 5 next year. I'm just a little bummed out with all of this 720p business.

yeah and rightly so. just hope it is down to the 11.2 issue they've patched.

would love to know what cboat has revealed. time will tell.

Oni Jazar

Yea I remember hearing that the resolution is among the least of XBO's problems.

ypo

Time to ban this guy or you can spill it. Your choice.

GeoramA

Oh god, now it's just getting sad. What else could they possibly fuck up?

MormaPope

Banned
The worse possible technical news for the Xbone would be a RROD equivalent. That is literally a hellish scenario that would make the Hindenburg blush.

CSX

How is it Forza 5 is 1080p
But Ghosts is 720p?

Turn 10 is owned by MS so they got the hardware before anyone else. Plus unlike IW with CoD games, they dont need to spend time and resources making 5 other versions of the game.

And even so, people who played the demo were saying that there's a lack of AA. Hopefully that demo is old though

jond76

Banned
Being that huge of a troll really puts strain on your credibility and makes everything else you tweet scream "agenda". We'll see though.

Marc

Damn, more games to the pile?

Getting to be quite the launch day beat down. Shameless gif repost:

marcsxbonerdestroyedk6u6e.gif

Having said that, the PS4 launch offerings aren't good enough for first party titles with Drive Club being delayed. So Xbox guys should focus on this and hope no one notices the price/power, good luck with that.

Vilifier

Neo Member
That has got to hurt. I wonder if they could have got it to 1080p if they had more time. Is it possible for them to patch it later and increase the resolution?

ethomaz

Banned

You know I have to go to Brasil Games Show in 12 hours... so in few hours I was going to bed but now I can't while this bomb didn't get out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom