• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNZ7gFKQFs

AI really dont see what the big deal is!

when I put that vid @ 1080p and watch it on my 40'' 1080p TV, it looks practically identical. With only only slightly more aliasing on the 720p version

360 vs ps3 games had bigger differences.

There must be some better native 1080p video on the internet showing the difference between 720p and 1080p, I would really appreciate if someone could post some links for such comparisons.

No, 360 vs PS3 games did mostly not have bigger differences. The difference from 720p to 1080p is 125% (1,152,000 pixels) . Even games like Black Ops 2 with 880x720 on X360 and ~832x624 on PS3 had only a 22% (114.432 pixels) difference.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
There is chatter that many hardware decisions were interfered with by execs. File this under rumor and not fact... but the way this thing is unfolding it doesn't seem far fetched.

Wasn't there some dude on Beyond3D who worked at MS at the time and admitted he got really frustrated at the direction the suits at MS wanted to take the Xbox. This was way before even the specs got leaked. So we kinda could have guessed that MS would underpower the thing.

That said, I don't think this dude knows anything more or less then we do. I know we are in a hectic and paranoid period, but we shouldn't jump on everything that get's posted.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
This guy could be right about everything he is saying and he would still be an amazing douchebag. His behavior is just as bad, if not worse, than the "furious fanboys" he acts so above.

Oh well, I guess welcome to never getting a job in the enthusiast press again (and I say that not because he's acting like a frothing 14 year old, but because he's likely broken NDA or embargoes that protect the information he's spouting off about).

Anyways. Video games. So srs.

DogMeat77

Here we go again!

oizc2ut.gif

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

Alright... that's it... gonna start construction on NeoGAF's Ark.

slider

If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

This sounds like serious stuff (at least to a layman like me). I can't help but think "delay" but we're so close it's just not possible.

I don't have the Xbone preordered and have no intention of buying one. But, if I was looking for a silver lining, I'd hope MS would up the ante with respect to first/second party offerings.

beast786

Seems like part of the DRM is still in on what they have out atm that might be part of the OS problems. The interesting thing is the required time part? I have no idea what that means but this could be why MS would embargo till launch and no one can really do any early reviews?

https://twitter.com/CoDeBarS/status/394130636169953280
73QBZZa.jpg

from other thread. I thought embargo was due to buggy OS that prolite indicated

The real kicker would be if things don't improve by this time next year. I can understand launch deadlines and evolving hardware, evolving dev tools so I refuse to be harsh on any developer delivering at system launch. But all bets are off and all the gloves are off next year.

Edit:
I can't believe IW is trying to crank out a patch (based on the Mana twitter posts). I mentioned that as a joke a few days ago... can't believe it might be true. I feel bad for the IW folks. That continued launch deadline/crunch time is very taxing on the human body. Hope you folks are ok.

Surely if it's technical in a RROD sense you should let us know before money's exchanged?

Atlas157

How come people seem so generally happy to hear about bad news for the XB1?

I liked Microsoft more before they revealed the Xbox One.

Now I see Microsoft as the ex best friend that stole my girlfriend and keyed my car.
That didn't really happen irl, just an example

Damn, more games to the pile?

Getting to be quite the launch day beat down. Shameless gif repost:

marcsxbonerdestroyedk6u6e.gif

Having said that, the PS4 launch offerings aren't good enough for first party titles with Drive Club being delayed. So Xbox guys should focus on this and hope no one notices the price/power, good luck with that.
Finally. I've been requesting someone to make that gif for ages lol

Pain

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNZ7gFKQFs

AI really dont see what the big deal is!

when I put that vid @ 1080p and watch it on my 40'' 1080p TV, it looks practically identical. With only only slightly more aliasing on the 720p version

360 vs ps3 games had bigger differences.

There must be some better native 1080p video on the internet showing the difference between 720p and 1080p, I would really appreciate if someone could post some links for such comparisons.
...its Youtube. Not a good source to be comparing this stuff.

Try doing it yourself with a PC game. Switch between 720/1080 and you'll notice a huge difference.

@bold
The big deal is that Xbox One is $500, 720p while PS4 is $400, 1080p.

hurzelein

Already at the beginning of the generation?

Defintily buying a Ps4 and haven't been a fan of Microsoft for the last 2-3 years, but ughhh I feel very bad for the Xbox buyers.

PS2 KID

Oh come on Bish, don't leave us hanging like that. Such a tease!

Now we'll be speculating about what else could go wrong.

I hope CBOAT shows up with the goods soon.

Foffy

Banned
How come people seem so generally happy to hear about bad news for the XB1?

The system since day one has been on a rotten pillar, and it's been nothing but a genuine disaster to see literally everything unfold. The DRM shit may be gone, but only because of backlash, and its seeds still exist with the system. Some people want to see this boulder keep falling.

I think, if anything, this is a fascinating case of what happens when you let execs run everything for a platform, and see how it all falls apart in the interests of the consumer. This is 2006 Sony on steroids.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gies is just a funny dude. Doesn't mean his opinion or his work is held to a high standard, which is why other names will be brought up in cases where it matters.

I didn't know there was a rule about who we can talk, and in this case there's context. You shouldn't be bothered by it.

I would take 900p.

900p you shall have, my dear lamb. kevstradamus showers all his followers with truthdictions

RayMaker

Banned
Gemüsepizza;87585907 said:
No, 360 vs PS3 games did mostly not have bigger differences. The difference from 720p to 1080p is 125% (1,152,000 pixels) . Even games like Black Ops 2 with 880x720 on X360 and ~832x624 on PS3 had only a 22% (114.432 pixels) difference.

compared to the GT5 vid they did, RDR looked more worse on PS3 then 360 version compared to that GT5 vid.

but becuase that GT5 vid has compression i'am gonna install GTA:SA and see that for a more accurate comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom