• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Conrad (former IGN): BF4 and CoD: Ghosts are 720p on Xbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

I found that so weird too. When famousmortimer run the rumor about DriveClub been delayed, several sites reported on it, way before it was officially announced and still was a rumor. But this; it has been days and i don't think i saw one single website made a mention about it.

Definitely some NDA shit. Sony doesn't throw a fit if something gets leaked. Remember E3 2009?

Cidd

The penny drops. Buckle up folks.

kazHirai_contro_DonMattrick.gif

I'm fking dying seriously lmao!!

coldone

The Xbox brand has always been associated with powerful consoles, or "the most" powerful consoles. It was true with the original Xbox and Microsoft execs made the claim several times in the early days of the current generation.

For the Xbox brand to lose this attribute that it so integral to its identity, well... that does not bode well.

PS3 had more gigaflops than 360.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Do you trust mort and cboat?

Cboat? Absolutely
Mort? He's been wrong sometimes, but he's been right many other times, and he still posts here with no problems. But, even better, he's been the architect of the revolution...so I can definitively trust him :D

Heysoos

Glad I got rid of my preorder. Wish I could sell my account though. Xbox Live through Oct 2015 and 160 bucks on it. :/ Oh well.

AmyS

With PS4 Ghosts being native 1080p and PS4 BF4 probably hitting at least native 900p, even if not 1080p, then the console of choice for me is made even easier.

I want a PS4 with BF4 + Ghosts sooooo badly before Dec 31th....

Lunzio

If this was information that didn't have to be leaked, I would honestly not look at Microsoft in as negative of a light. Realistically, resolutions aren't actually too big of an issue to mainstream. I'm just concerned at how much they are trying to hide. Transparency is key. They just look like they have their pants down in these situations.

@ManaByte How confident are you that this information is correct? (resolutions)

@StuffSarobiSays confident on COD, although there are the rumors of a patch for it.

Go to the shelters everybody.

I get the feeling he's just repeating the same shit everyone else has already said. In which case this entire thread exists to simply regurgitate the exact same stuff we've heard for a week now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Yes, you can make that argument. My counter point? It is 2013. The Playstation 3 and Xbox360 both output most games at 720p. And now here we are, on a verge of the next generation, and one of the consoles is still stuck in the past.

It's quite the big deal if you ask me.

Both PS3 and 360 "output" games at 1080p. The native res of those games in this generation are much, much lower than that.

The same will end up being true this generation as well over the time. There will always be trade offs to both resolution and framerate to fit in prettier effects.

betterman

Banned
I'm thinking here...How is the deal that put media sites on knees releasing same games reviews on different dates just because the product owners will?

This embargos are embarrassing.

Pulls the "Lazy Devs" card without actually saying it, niiiiice.

Resorting to the "Lazy Devs" defense is just about as low and intellectually bankrupt as you can get.

I don't like what you're implying there. I'm pretty unbias, it's just obvious with a game such as COD that the Xbox One is more than capable of delivering 60fps at 1080p. It is lazy development - I doubt IW care about either of the next gen versions, both look like ass, even on PC it's pretty plain looking.

I don't get this situation. Microsoft has locked down reviews for all the games? Shouldn't that be Activision and EA's call? I can understand for first party titles but not third party ones. Such a huge storm but I don't really have any clue why they are trying to hide the inevitable. It's going to come out sooner or later.

RayMaker

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqNZ7gFKQFs

AI really dont see what the big deal is!

when I put that vid @ 1080p and watch it on my 40'' 1080p TV, it looks practically identical. With only only slightly more aliasing on the 720p version

360 vs ps3 games had bigger differences.

There must be some better native 1080p video on the internet showing the difference between 720p and 1080p, I would really appreciate if someone could post some links for such comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom