• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Parish Presents: Retronauts Works (Chronological Retrospective Series)

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Sorry Starfox 2, but Patrons come first.

Kirby's Dream Course retrospective: Golf sob-story | Super NES Works #561

By request of patron David Morton: A look back at Kirby's Dream Course. Yeah, it's way out of sequence, but that's the law that was laid down. A clever if unforgiving combination of Kirby and golf, Dream Course has flown under the Super NES fan radar for decades now. With its fresh re-release on the Super NES Classic Edition, now seems like the time to reevaluate the game… especially since its cruelest elements can be mitigated with liberal use of the Super NES mini's save states.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Wheel of Fortune retrospective: I'd like to buy a better game | Game Boy Works #094

America's most undying game show makes its handheld debut, simplifying the TV show's format and rules for head-to-head portable play. It also simplifies the TV theme to a single audio channel. While barely passable as a work of programming, the fundamental appeal inherent in the show's mix of luck, strategy, and word puzzles allows this to be a mildly diverting little cartridge regardless.
Ahhh. Now's my golden opportunity to post this video of Dusty Rhodes at WrestleMania VI with his American Dream theme swapped out for the UK Wheel of Fortune theme for the home video release of the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9J8SdTuna4

And yeah, this was one of the games that came with that one pirate cart that my parents got on holidays for me...but it also contained Factor 5's Contra III port and Heiankyo Alien (a sleeping Jeremy suddenly wakes up and marks out for some reason), so it's all good.

We've reached the N64! You can either get N or get out!

Great video Jeremy. Nice to look back before we jump into Odyssey next week.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
We've reached the N64! You can either get N or get out!

Great video Jeremy. Nice to look back before we jump into Odyssey next week.
Wait, what? OHHHH, right, new video.

Super Mario 64 retrospective: Mario gets thicc | N64 Works Episode 001, Pt. 1

With Super Mario Odyssey just around the corner, now seems a perfect time to look back to Mario's first 3D adventure: Super Mario 64 for Nintendo 64. This, the first part of a multiple-entry retrospective, explores the game's relationship to the platform and the lengths to which it goes to make the intricacies of navigating three-dimensional space intuitive for all players.

Patreon

*shudders at use of misspelling memes for title*

ibrahima

Banned
I've really enjoyed catching up on these recently, I like how Jeremy will reference other titles in the context of a particular game. It seems a subtle and inconsequential thing but it really makes the videos stand out from other content you find on YouTube, highly recommended.

Azriell

Just wanted to say thanks for the great videos, Jeremy. I've been following your work for a long time, but recently I started looking to your coverage as a sort of classic library curation. It gives me an excuse to play new old games and helps me avoid the dreck, so thanks for that.

Also, I love all the history and context you give. The quality of your work is unmatched.

Top Bottom