• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimmy Kimmel on Mass Shooting in Las Vegas

TheXbox

Not arguing anything. If you look at that second link I posted, there have been over 210 fatalities in Chicago since July 1st.

Just asking why this isn't news.

You are right about me not living in Chicago. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. DuPage county to be exact.
It is in the news? Turn on WGN, dude. Any local news station. Every night. Every week.

And it makes national news whenever quack Republicans try to distract voters from tighter gun regulation.

I’m canadian so take everything I say with a grain of salt but I really don’t see what option there is to get rid of guns other than forcing revolution.

As for how to go about that or what that looks like. No idea. Exhausting that this keeps coming up. Ridiculous.

I’m canadian so take everything I say with a grain of salt but I really don’t see what option there is to get rid of guns other than forcing revolution.

This really is one of the biggest problems is how many guns are out there. My thought was if we really wanted to, start by pushing huge financial incentives for people to just turn them in. Much more aggressive than we already do now. At the very least, we could start reducing the amount out there and then try to tackle the remaining after that. This will probably never fly because people would scream and shout at the amount of money being spent to make it actually feasible.

Its a shame that this event happened. FYI, the death toll in Chicago dwarfs this event... We had 74 murders alone in the month of July.

http://abc7chicago.com/410-shot-74-fatally-in-chicago-in-july-2017-police-say/2265874/

Where is the outrage? Where is the news coverage? Why isn't Chicago's mayor Rahm Emanuel doing anything about it?

This link is downright scary:

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017-chicago-murders/timeline?mon=9

The worst part is this blatant derail worked.

This really is one of the biggest problems is how many guns are out there. My thought was if we really wanted to, start by pushing huge financial incentives for people to just turn them in. Much more aggressive than we already do now. At the very least, we could start reducing the amount out there and then try to tackle the remaining after that. This will probably never fly because people would scream and shout at the amount of money being spent to make it actually feasible.

Thats what Australia did. The government temporarily raised taxes, and bought the guns back from people and destroyed them. I can understand people saying how the only way to take guns away from the US population is by force, but to start with... ban new sales of Automatic and semi automatic rifles, and handguns that aren't revolvers. Then hold a gun amnesty day and encourage people to return them no questions asked. You keep doing this every month and over a period of time eventually the lack of new guns entering the market and the handing in of old guns will gradually reduce the amount of weapons out there. Its not an overnight fix, it might take 5 or 10 years.. but eventually you will get to a place where a man cant amass 17 odd modified semi auto rifles and enough ammo to kill dozens and injure hundreds of people.

Top Bottom