• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McCain Official Statement: "I Will Vote No on Graham Cassidy Health Care Bill"

DKWLdvvVYAAuUPZ.jpg:large

Get fucked GOP.

SexyFish

Banned
Thank fuck.

Edit: I'll even let him use his 'the democrats did it with Obamacare' shit if it means he'll vote no.

Trouble

Banned
Murkowski and Collins better fucking hold the line.

E: I don't doubt that they will, but I'm gonna be nervous until this month is over.

John.mccains now personal vendetta to stop everything trump and co want.

Shouldn't have insulted POWs.

Shouldn't have insulted him personally.

Get bucked.

John McCain a real American hero

Would have been ridiculous if he'd voted for this after killing a slightly less terrible bill a few months ago.

Quite happy in any case.

Good, but Go frak yourself john for that "obamacare was rammed though" line. Weeks of debate and hundreds of bipartisan amendments isn't ramming something though.

I'm not relieved until the votes are cast, McCain isn't always the most reliable dude. But I dig the shot across the bow. It's their worst bill yet, it deserves to burn in hell.

other than the horseshit about obamacare being rammed through (trump's base probably already think he's RINO scum so who's that supposed to be appealing too?) this is good stuff. let's hope people stick to their words.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
That statement doesn't alleviate my concerns that his opposition is precarious, and fuck him for that dumb shit about ramming Obamacare through (lying asshole still doing his part to piss on the discourse), but I imagine he wouldn't put out a statement in opposition if his mind wasnt made up.

It would be delicious if this thing officially dies before that CNN debate lol.

Gattsu25

Banned
So his problem is the process and not the provisions.

What a heartless position.

I welcome the NO vote but can't commend him.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Bet you'll see a few other people come out and say no now that McCain basically did everyone's dirty work.

They'll pretend they came to their senses, or that they discovered something new in the bill that they didn't know before - so they'll moral grandstand.

I'm holding my breath until an official vote... wonder if they will even bring it to a vote now.

Paskil

I mean, I'm not surprised. I basically only follow political news and reporters on twitter and he's been saying over and over about how he wants a bill to go through regular order every time someone asks him about whether he will support it.

Dyle

Well now that they won't have to worry about passing this garbage bill, I'm sure Republicans will have plenty of time to tackle tax reform, only 8 days left

BigDug13

Just introduce a bill that removes any mention of Obama from the healthcare plan. If they would just call the law by it's real name, Trump wouldn't have such a hardon to get rid of it.

Kenstar

How did dems ram anything through congress when everything but the exec branch was repub controlled during obama years

Top Bottom