• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick Chapter 2 - Official Teaser Trailer (Full Length)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llyranor

This is one of my most anticipated films. Wick1 is top tier Hollywood action choreography alongside Fury Road.
John Woo returns to heroic bloodshed next year with Manhunt.
I expect to be disappointed and for everything to be CG :S Gone are the days of explosive sets like Hard Boiled.

The Killer, Hard Boiled and the "A Better Tomorrow" duology.
Those would be my recommendations too. 'Bullet in the Head' was longwinded and disappointing, imo.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but 'The Man From Nowhere' (South Korean) is pretty similar and is definitely worth watching.
Man From Nowhere is awesome! I just wish it had more fights!!!

I would argue that The Killer and Better Tomorrow both have equally as good shootouts.
The final shootout of Better Tomorrow 2 is so freaking amazing. So over the top awesome!

16438789eguwb.gif

The Raid 1 and 2 uses a lot of practical blood packs and squibs, especially in the Kitchen fight
I was actually surprised the blood splurts at the end of Raid 2 kitchen fight were practical effects. It just seemed so much like CG to me somehow.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Liked the first movie but I thought a lot of the dialogue wasn't great and it sometimes felt pretty cheap, hopefully the sequel fixes those issues and the great action is kept intact.

CSX

All this John Woo talk reminded me when I convinced my parents to buy Stanglehold on PS3 cuz it included Hard Boiled on the blu-ray lol

Yeah it looked weird but I can only assume it has to be an effective position to take out and shoot your weapon when doing it fast. Maybe it's a posture to deal with the recoil/help with stability?

I'm talking out of my ass of course no clue

Did some Security Forces Augmentee training at one point (im active duty) and standing directly straight at least is to ensure your vest will take shots as effectly as possible

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All this John Woo talk reminded me when I convinced my parents to buy Stanglehold on PS3 cuz it included Hard Boiled on the blu-ray lol

If memory serves, that was the only way to get the film on BD until the release of the Ultimate Edition a few years later. Talk about strange.

New002

Bear in mind that The Raid 1's budget was only $1.1 million. All of the gun scenes used CGI shots and blood effects since they were using airsoft guns as props

Also, there's a new video of Keanu training with Aaron Cohen, an ex-Israeli Special Forces guy who trains SWAT teams and Counter Terror units in Close Quarters Battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RKISkjMtPU

They spelled his name wrong in the intro >_>

Neat video. Thanks for sharing!

Bleepey

Stil has the best one liner I have seen in anything:
*Tequilla walks out of a huge gun fight giving absolutely zero fucks and leaving more dead bodies in his wake than Spanish Flu*

The Chief: Damn it Tequilla I told you not to go in there alone
Tequila: I didn't. I brought my two friends

*pulls out his two berettas*

Raptor

Whats this shit with those gifs?

Baba yaga would murder in 2 seconds those people, Cruisse, Ynu Fat, all of them in 2 seconds, then he will go and feed his dog.

CREMSteve

Bear in mind that The Raid 1's budget was only $1.1 million. All of the gun scenes used CGI shots and blood effects since they were using airsoft guns as props

Also, there's a new video of Keanu training with Aaron Cohen, an ex-Israeli Special Forces guy who trains SWAT teams and Counter Terror units in Close Quarters Battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RKISkjMtPU
He's absolutely drenched in sweat. He must work his ass off training for these things, must be why they always turn out so damn awesome.

Nodnol

So good.

I just hope it doesn't lose the appeal of the first. Part of its charm was how understated and budget it felt, in a good way. I really don't want this to be a Taken 2.

Keanu Reeves is a beast though. To put it THAT much training and dedication, and to be so humble, is a massive credit to him. Seems like a genuinely decent guy.

I don't know anything about the gun aspect of these films, apart from the fact that it looos fucking awesome, but I'm guessing he trains to such an extent that it becomes muscle memory?

So good.

I just hope it doesn't lose the appeal of the first. Part of its charm was how understated and budget it felt, in a good way. I really don't want this to be a Taken 2.

Keanu Reeves is a beast though. To put it THAT much training and dedication, and to be so humble, is a massive credit to him. Seems like a genuinely decent guy.

I don't know anything about the gun aspect of these films, apart from the fact that it looos fucking awesome, but I'm guessing he trains to such an extent that it becomes muscle memory?
Watch it again, and pay attention to how Wick handles his weapons and whatnot. It only makes the movie even cooler. Like this is a rare movie where the hero actually makes tactical reloads, and that adds a flow and rhythm to his combat. Or the efficient stances and effective use of shots, never wasting more than necessary on an enemy

Nodnol

Watch it again, ans pay attention to how Wick handles his weapons and whatnot. It only makes the movie even cooler. Like this is a rare movie where the hero actually makes tactical reloads, and that adds a flow and rhythmn to his combat. Or the efficient stances and effective use of shots, never wasting more than any necessary on an enemy

Oh I definitely appreciate that, and even to someone as uneducated on the details as myself, you notice the subtleties and attention to detail.

I just have nothing to compare it to in a real world scenario or personal experience. I know Keanu Reeves is dedicated and good at what he does, but how well does that translate on screen to those who do know what they're talking about?

I really like how the geography of New York is completely off in John Wick. They basically make a fantasy New York that consist of only landmarks. I hope they treat Rome the same way.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I didn't made the Matrix connection between Reeves and Fishburne when I saw the trailer 2 days ago. Argh I'm getting old.

Went to an advane screening.

I'll be honest, I was kind of let down. The first half is pretty bad. The second half is great though and there was a pretty big cliffhanger.

Villain kind of sucks. The assassin world stuff is still the best part tho.

Movie just doesn't have the heart 1 had

7 out of 10. Still good. But don't expect it to be nearly as awesome

dcelw540

Went to an advane screening.

I'll be honest, I was kind of let down. The first half is pretty bad. The second half is great though and there was a pretty big cliffhanger.

Villain kind of sucks. The assassin world stuff is still the best part tho.

Movie just doesn't have the heart 1 had

7 out of 10. Still good. But don't expect it to be nearly as awesome

What was bad about the first half? and sorry to hear that :(

The movie starts off with a very weird action sequence (though the ending of that sequence is pretty cool) that is sort of a rehash of a similar scene from 1 (in a remember how awesome that scene was kind of way, here it is again sort of way).

I don't want to go too spoilery.. but the problem is that the first half is about John doing something he doesn't want to do. And it's really dour and depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom