• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle |OT| Diamond is Not Crazy

saturnine

Some of the name changes are beyond my comprehension. I can understand some things like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Polnareff or Pearl Jam but surely Echoes or Oasis would not create any problem?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I thought the micro-transaction stuff was going to be phased out for the domestic release?

Anyway, totally maining Buccellati...the true protagonist of Part 5.

But I still love Giorno

Zekes!

Didn't realize this was finally coming out over here.

Makes me want to get back in to JoJo. I never did finish reading Part 6 or 7

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Part 7's way too long...I have to be honest, I really didn't get what the fuck was going on in the later chapters (something about Jesus? A train, or something?) and I miss the humanoid Stands and how they got a bit too weird and unorthodox.

I would've loved to see CC2 make that dude who used the balloon animals or whatever playable, though.

Astarte

Part 7's way too long...I have to be honest, I really didn't get what the fuck was going on in the later chapters (something about Jesus? A train, or something?) and I miss the humanoid Stands and how they got a bit too weird and unorthodox.

I would've loved to see CC2 make that dude who used the balloon animals or whatever playable, though.

Aw c'mon. Part 7 wasn't really that confusing in the later chapters. The only thing that really had me in a bind was
who shot johnny?
I like how long part 7 is. I feel like it gives a sense of scale for the race, plus it builds up the Gyohnny pretty damn well.

I wish Valentine would star in a rugged Jeep commercial where he goes about the wilderness; later emerging and proclaiming「Dirty Jeeps Left Unclean」before a narrator starts reciting something about true independence and ruggedness.

I find Part 7 to be really easy to understand, even if the spin gets kind of a crazy explanation haha.

GOLDEN RECTANGLE!

The "Jesus" stuff was explained A LOT too.

jgminto

I thought the micro-transaction stuff was going to be phased out for the domestic release?

Anyway, totally maining Buccellati...the true protagonist of Part 5.

But I still love Giorno

The timer was reduced from 5 minutes to 2 minutes. I'm not sure if there were any other changes but that's the main one. It basically means it won't stop you from playing.

Reknoc

Amazon uk isn't even selling this themselves and all third party sellers have it at like £40+. Maybe I'll wait and see if bamco ever put it in a psn sale or something.

Filthy localisations, at an unreasonable price.

Might have been better if this month wasn't Mario May (Mayrio)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yo Scrafty you should never forget to put 「emphasized Japanese quotes」. It just doesn't feel Jojo without one.

Morris

Disco Devil
Meh I feel like an asshole but I really don't like these localized name changes. Thinking of ordering the jp version right now.

What's the online like?, do you guys think I can play against people using the american version?

Tizoc

Holy fuck I had no idea it was coming out tomorrow. Is it getting a digital release?

Yes. It's $50 on US PSN, and it's also on EU PSN. EU PSN ver. should offer Yoshikage Kira & Shigechi for free as a pre-order bonus of sorts.

Tizoc

9 Dlc characters?!

THATS A DEFINITE SKIP!
I'll wait for a complete edition!

Never gonna happen, primarly as it's a Japanese game and far as I know Japan doesn't do 'GotY' like compellations like the west does (unless there are exceptions?)

At best you can wait for all that ish to go on sale and grab it then.

...but don't skip it brah, just get it for the poses.

MSMrRound

BlbJo3dCAAA1fqI.png:large

Context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PM2YXD61Pw

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's pretty lame that the dlc characters aren't included. I don't see any reason why they couldn't be.
Agreed. Unless Namco is smart with the pricing &/or releases a bundle of all of them for a discounted price, I don't get why they didn't just include them. Still bummed out that the US only gets one DLC character or the other, not both like other countries.

Some of the name changes are beyond my comprehension. I can understand some things like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Polnareff or Pearl Jam but surely Echoes or Oasis would not create any problem?
I will never understand why Echoes had to be changed, yet Soft & Wet, a Prince song, was allowed to remain the same.

& after rewatching Part 2, I still can't believe Stroheim wasn't made playable.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I have the Japanese version and never played it very much -didn't think it was that great- but have read that it got improved with patches. And now the American/Euro versions won't work online with it? :|

Don't want to shell out money for this again, but I can see the physical copy being hard to find later on, so...ordered.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
9? wtf

Well, guess I'll wait.
Yeah, the DLC characters are:

Yoshikage Kira (free for Club Namco orders in US or pre-order bonus in other countries)
Shigekiyo Yangu (free for Amazon orders in US or pre-order bonus in other countries)
Iggy
Fugo Pannacotta
Old Joseph Joestar
Lisa Lisa
Vanilla Cool Ice
Narsico Anasui Narc Anastasia
Baoh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funny thing is those characters are in the EU site already
That's what confuses me, if they're listed on the site already, it sounds as though they're included with the game. & there's no indication that they're DLC, so the only way you'd know is if you're familiar with the DLC situation in Japan.

Heck, the US Namco site says "41 characters", which is the total amount if you have all the DLC, yet makes no mention of the DLC.

TheChaos0

Yeah, the DLC characters are:

Yoshikage Kira (free for Club Namco orders in US or pre-order bonus in other countries)
Shigekiyo Yangu (free for Amazon orders in US or pre-order bonus in other countries)
Iggy
Fugo Pannacotta
Old Joseph Joestar
Lisa Lisa
Vanilla Cool Ice
Narsico Anasui Narc Anastasia
Baoh

Old Joseph and Lisa Lisa, how sneaky!

Rannta

Banned
Part 4 is the best along with 7 (6 is the worst).

Anyway, preordered a week ago. Unfortunately, no dlc bonus because... tier 3 country.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
That's my preemptive anniversary gift. Girlfriend couldn't keep this one hiddent, I suspect she wants to wreck me with Vanilla Ice >_>

Story mode is enjoyable but I'm going to spoil myself a bunch of stuff to unlock all the cast.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bleh, hearing people talk about how Namco's been giving deep discounts to games months after release (i.e. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles was released in Feb., will be $10 tomorrow on PSN) makes me wonder if I should wait & see if ASB will get discounted as well. Especially when I paid $12.50 for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 when it's normally $50. I want to support this at launch & get a DLC character, especially considering I figured this wouldn't come to the US, let alone get a physical version, but still...

KiteGr

Never gonna happen, primarly as it's a Japanese game and far as I know Japan doesn't do 'GotY' like compellations like the west does (unless there are exceptions?)

At best you can wait for all that ish to go on sale and grab it then.

...but don't skip it brah, just get it for the poses.

This is Capcom we are talking about.

Top Bottom