• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show "later this year"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

XPFUJFC.jpg

Ending one of the most venerable and trusted careers in making a complete mockery of the news, Jon Stewart has announced that he is stepping down as host of The Daily Show.

According to sources who were there (some of whom are already passing word along on social media), Stewart let the news slip at the taping of today’s episode, telling those in the audience that he’s retiring.

No word yet on when exactly he’s leaving, whether this means he’s ending his time in the anchor chair to focus on being a Serious Movie Director now, or just how much this is Brian Williams’ fault. Presumably all of this information will be revealed in time—and delivered by Stewart himself tonight on your television.

Source (AV Club)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm sure they can find someone else to say something, and then make some faces.

markot

Banned
That shows been going downhill for awhile.

The new correspondents are pretty bad.

Colbert was so much better >.<

Busty

Banned
Yowser.

I thought that he'd leave.., but no time soon, especially with the election right around 'the corner'.

Everyone seems to be jumping ship over at Viacom these days.

He's been hinting in some interviews for the last few months that he's been thinking about it since his contract's up, so I'm not totally surprised, but still it's going to be hard to see him go.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He'd been going downhill for a while. Good opportunity to blood new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom