• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think I was referred to this show by a gaffer some time ago, but I finally got around to watching most everything Jon has to offer. The guy has a healthy mix of retro reviews, contemporary reviews, top tens, and even just a couple videos that are just there.

But what makes Jon Tron entertaining is his unique style of humor. There's a lot of madness here, like his robotic parrot Jacques, Sonic Team as addicts of crack cocaine, and all sorts of associated craziness and madness. He's got a very chaotic and unpredictable style that's consistently hilarious. And it's all very well edited and put together for an amateur production.

So here's some videos to get you started.

6 Scary Things in Videogames
Sonic Colors Review
Dino City Retro Review
Final Hallway XIII
Top 10 Boss Battles

Edit: Six years after I created this topic, I should probably mention that he's become a racist asshole. So uh... there's that.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The games playing itself John...

Only saw his Dino City review before these. Glad to see he's pretty funny in his other videos.

Lopson

Neo Member
He takes so long to do new videos... It's a shame, really, because his material is really funny! Especially the Sonic R video.

I subscribed to his channel a while ago thanks to the Dinocity episode. He is really really funny. Too bad it is taking too long to make new videos.

TimmiT

I've watched a bunch of his videos. They're great and like others said it's too bad it takes so long for him to do these videos.

I don't know exactly who posted about this guy, but I've been watching his videos since late last week, and they've been great. Fairly unique (?) and funny humor. I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but for some reason, his voice sort of reminds me of a mix of Stuttering Craig and Linkara.

He fucked me over. I used to do the effects during the first few months. We had a partnership. Then he said he could do it all himself. Fuck.

TimmiT

He didn't really explain well why the game sucks besides it not being like Star Fox 64, but it was still very entertaining. I do remember playing it when I was young and that I liked it, haven't played it recently though. I probably only liked it because it had Star Fox in it.

I'd like to see what he has to say about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I was one of the few that actually liked that game.

ZealousD said:

What really scares me about this is that the parrot is sticking it's beak into his ear while he screams, but they are zooming in so you can't see see it after the initial shot. Feels like it's eating his brain while he screams during the later half of the video. Creepy.

TimmiT

Now he's made a Lady Gaga parody about League of Legends:
The Leagüe and I
I don't play the game, so I don't really care for the song. I'm surprised he isn't a terrible singer though.
In the comments he said his next video will be a regular review again.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
TimmiT said:
Now he's made a Lady Gaga parody about League of Legends:
The Leagüe and I
I don't play the game, so I don't really care for the song. I'm surprised he isn't a terrible singer though.
In the comments he said his next video will be a regular review again.

Yeah he's trying to expand his audience, he's got a LoL channel now.

As for his singing voice, I guess you don't remember his Katy Perry cover?

Well, he's pretty good when he stays in his own octave, anyway.

Jasoco

Banned
I love JonTron. Glad he's making videos again. I can't get enough of him. I love his drunk reviews too. Like Sonic Colors. Or when they portray Sonic Team and all the cocaine they're always on when they design Sonic sequels.
KuGsj.gif

I was happy to see him review a movie too. It was interesting and it worked. He did Jurassic Park: The Lost World. I hope he does more.

PokéKong

Jon disses Bubsy's little irrelevant quips and references, but I think Jon's own comedic style is sometimes not too different from Bubsy.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Can I bump this? I want to bump this. Because of JonTron and Egoraptor's collaboration this needs to be bumped. Also because JT is amazing.

Noi

Good lord, what a way to butcher Space Ace. It even makes me sad to watch, I love that game to death. :(

Mildly entertaining. Nightshade was better.

Space Ace didn't look too terrible. I wouldn't mind playing that one right now, it looks kinda fun.

Top Bottom