• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Bradiculous

Neo Member
How does he choose the games that he reviews? Not that I'm complaining or anything most of them are hysterical, I'm just curious because it seems really random to go from Nightshade to Space Ace to a series of Hercules games.

Or maybe I answered my own question by thinking it's just random.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
How does he choose the games that he reviews? Not that I'm complaining or anything most of them are hysterical, I'm just curious because it seems really random to go from Nightshade to Space Ace to a series of Hercules games.

Or maybe I answered my own question by thinking it's just random.
It's just whatever he thinks deserves to get talked about. His first video was Diakatana. Not the PC one. The much worse N64 version. He probably saw the game, remembered the bad times and said "I need to make a video about how terrible this thing is." His Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts episode was all about the good times of the first two games and how could the third end up so bad. As was his Stairfax Temperatures.. I mean Starfox Adventures episode.

JonTronDancing_zps3ee1527a.gif

That was definitely one of his better episodes so far. Also, yeah, the N64 game and Herc's Adventures are both solid, fun games. I'd call the N64 Hercules game more Zelda crossed with a beat 'em up, rather than straight Zelda, but close enough...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts video. I didn't know this guy was so funny.

Whaaa, they made games out of these books?! I had like a dozen of these but never knew about games.

EDIT: LOL He's just reviewing the show haha!

Rubius

I still remember the cursed mask episodes. Man, been a while since I seen the show. Do they have a DVD set?

Remember the episode where there is some kind of ghost house with a somewhat friendly ghost and then you have the piano music...
Cant hear that music without being scared.
61gY6TlWMVL.Image._AA300_.jpg

I know it's not this one but hey. Still a great episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nice to see JonTron do something different.
Goosebumps was awesome, but the show certainly hasn't aged well.

I looked up the book summary on Blogger Beware, and it plays out much differently there. The kid actually changes ages, body types, and becomes entirely different species. The Reality Police part was still there though.

Marjar

Banned
I dont think I would call one episode every month or so, constant.

It's a lot more consistent than it was. Wasn't there like a 6 month gap once?

Also considering the amount of work that goes into this, I think it's understandable.

Rubius

It's a lot more consistent than it was. Wasn't there like a 6 month gap once?

Also considering the amount of work that goes into this, I think it's understandable.

Well he used to do Game grump too, so he was working more often. But he's currently unemployed outside of Youtube, he should be able to do episodes every two week or even every week.
The Completionist does one every week and he complete games 100% before doing an episode. And he does crossovers and other work.

Jontron is more editing intensive but he should be able to pull off one episode a week or so.

RagnarokX

If you guys want Goosebumps torn to shreds look no further: http://www.bloggerbeware.com/

"Conclusions:
The book ends with Gary-In-Gary calmly releasing the swarm of bees from his bedroom, begging the question: Why isn't the book called Why I'm Not Afraid of Bees? Though an even better title might bee Don't Read Me."

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
That's was pretty good. So glad to have Jon back. Now if he could get into a consistent release schedule.

The intro is so good too. It's like the original but so much better. Really nice upgrade for JonTron 2.0.

Top Bottom