• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

The Internet, probably.

Also:
700-01200198em-Man-Lying-on-Pile-of-Money.jpg

Jacce

Banned
At this point I think its fair to say no one in this thread is left supporting him at all anymore or willing to watch his videos yes?

Jacce

Banned
Tbf, I wonder if this thread will get closed.

Has GAF ever done something like that?

At this point I think it is the only logical path forward, there is no one that could be possibly willing to still watch his videos here now that he is gone full KKK/White Nationalist.

This thread seems to only exist now to point out what the latest sexist/racist thing he has done.

I was willing to ignore him going and doing some of the other shit because he was in an echo chamber and usually with those people get cocky and don't watch what they say when others are there supporting him. Even said as much on the thread that I can separate artist from art. But after that stream fuck me. Will be massively hypocritical after I told people I am willing to give him a pass in the other thread, but that debating stream put his arguments against someone opposing him and everything he said was heartbreaking. If someone posts his video I might still give it a watch. His videos and game Grumps were good entertainment through a bad time in college but no.

I think it's time to stop trying to hand wave what he says away. This has gone far past a different opinion to full on hatred. I won't condemn him and hope he loses his career and livelihood, but he won't be getting my views added to his videos nor my subscription. He was downright my favorite game YouTuber. This sucks.

And I've tried going to watch PBG and I can't. His humor is aimed even more at a childish audience. I guess I now have to hope redlettermedia is smart enough to not go this direction

Disgraced

And I've tried going to watch PBG and I can't. His humor is aimed even more at a childish audience. I guess I now have to hope redlettermedia is smart enough to not go this direction
If the rest of RLM is anything like Jack gauging from his Twitter (and comments him and Rich have made on stream), and gauging from just their work (and the work they like) in general, they're all actually pretty damn liberal. Just kinda outta touch—probably because of that "bubble" they say they like to work in.

As for Jon, I had to unsub a while ago after it seemed like he was re-usung gags almost to the point of flanderization, and after I noticed how detrimentally deceptive his material is sometimes. Prime example and catalyst for my choice is the video on Dark Dungeons, which paints that movie in a really innacurate and unfair light. It's a comedy that he spoils the jokes for then acccentuates them with his *original* *funny* *joke* voice.

Disgraced

I think Mike is probably the most conservative of the bunch, but he seems to understand he's not going to win people over by going full on with his views.
Or he's just kind of a weirdo who likes to go against the grain. Think of his interest in the paranomal. Or shit, maybe he is leaning into that alt-right lifestyle behind the scenes these days, in which case we can expect #RLMDrama2017 soon, right? Let's goooooo
WOOOOOOO
SPRING BREAK...?!

If RLM turned out to be alt righters I don't think my heart could take it. Jon being what he turned out to be was above and beyond what I could take, I'm honestly mad I considered myself a fan. Goes to show you never really know any personality, and you can be let down big time.

In one video Mike joked about Joss Whedon being an SJW, although I don't know if he's said anything else similar that I recall. I really hope they don't turn out to be a gang of douches.

In one video Mike joked about Joss Whedon being an SJW, although I don't know if he's said anything else similar that I recall. I really hope they don't turn out to be a gang of douches.
Being against that doesn't necessarily automatically mean you're in the far right. For them they've simply shown they aren't fans of hyper sensitivity as they've made it clear with the rogue one and Ghostbusters review backlash and every video they made later mocking said backlash.

Everytime I used to see the yellow gaf logo next to this thread, I thought "oh boy I wonder what kind of new video jon put up". Now it's more like "oh boy, I wonder what kind of new garbage came out of jon's mouth" lol.

I'm guessing a podcast with Milo is next on the list.

Everytime I used to see the yellow gaf logo next to this thread, I thought "oh boy I wonder what kind of new video jon put up". Now it's more like "oh boy, I wonder what kind of new garbage came out of jon's mouth" lol.

I'm guessing a podcast with Milo is next on the list.

I know how you feel, I was a little heartbroken over all this. The double toasted team take a pretty fair attitude towards the entire thing though, its worth a watch for sure.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Same here. It's just about reached the point I almost want to unsubscribe because the political crap has gotten too out of hand & while I still try to separate his personal views from his older videos, I feel like if I stay subscribed, it's supporting him in some way.

My friend keeps suggesting the Co-Optional podcast, but I can't bring myself to check it out now if it's going to have JonTron possibly spewing stuff like he does on Twitter (& considering my friend told me to stay away from the episode involving Gamergame, I have a bad feeling politics would eventually be brought up)

Can I get a break down on what was said? I've watched enough long ass videos about this stuff the last few days.

I watched the beginning. They were essentially began with 'I love the internet because people can fuck up and it's immediately obvious so we can respond quickly'

but then up until the point I stopped they were trying to be less aggressive than others.

Sorry to bump this up but I don't really know where else to write about this.
Anyone else kind of pissed off that youtuber's and twitter people are making a bigger stink over what destiny said about animators than what the absolute bullshit of what JonTron said? Like fuckers who are condemning destiny right now said sweet fuck all about Jon's shit.
It's a pretty sad day when ya have to agree with keemstar when he said if it was anyone else who said this shit, like Sam pepper, every youtuber would cannibalise him.
Thats not to say what destiny said wasn't bullshit, it clear was but like fuck man, can we not act like hypocritical pieces of shit?
Rant over, sorry again for bumping this

Anyone else kind of pissed off that youtuber's and twitter people are making a bigger stink over what destiny said about animators than what the absolute bullshit of what JonTron said? Like fuckers who are condemning destiny right now said sweet fuck all about Jon's shit.
It's a pretty sad day when ya have to agree with keemstar when he said if it was anyone else who said this shit, like Sam pepper, every youtuber would cannibalise him.
Thats not to say what destiny said wasn't bullshit, it clear was but like fuck man, can we not act like hypocritical pieces of shit?

I don't even know what Destiny said so?

I don't even know what Destiny said so?
He said something along the lines of animation being easy, and animators like psychicpebbles getting $250000 in revenue from YouTube. Total shit, I know, it's just infuriating that this is where the likes of egoraptor chose to say shit and not when Jon condemned a whole race.

He said something along the lines of animation being easy, and animators like psychicpebbles getting $250000 in revenue from YouTube. Total shit, I know, it's just infuriating that this is where the likes of egoraptor chose to say shit and not when Jon condemned a whole race.

they probably don't want to put their friend on blast on twitter, easier to defend themselves. Unless they've said "I support Jon".

Preacher

It's because they're idiots, seriously. They don't give a shit about actual people and they only act like children. Fuck, they probably believe in some of the shit Jon said. He probably openly talks about this shit with them

Anung

Un Rama

I'm just going to assume that they are all pieces of shit now. Their silence speaks pretty loudly and makes them complicit in my books.

This is what the YT community rallies behind? Some bullshit about artists work as a concept? Not one of their friends being a horrible racist twat?

Maximo

I believe most are under some sort of contract at least TB said something similar, that they are not allowed to talk about others when it comes to *personal matters* obviously not excusing them just saying why most under Maker probably ain't speaking out.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, Arin and all the other former colleagues of JonTron won't be able to say anything on their shows because of contracts preventing them from badmouthing their coworkers and former coworkers.

Yeah, Arin and all the other former colleagues of JonTron won't be able to say anything on their shows because of contracts preventing them from badmouthing their coworkers and former coworkers.

not to mention it'd be a little off to badmouth somebody they used to consider a friend on public twitter. If they cut off ties with him that'd be another story.

I believe most are under some sort of contract at least TB said something similar, that they are not allowed to talk about others when it comes to *personal matters* obviously not excusing them just saying why most under Maker probably ain't speaking out.
If that's the case then OK, I guess. Was just weird seeing such outrage when JonTron seemed to avoid criticism from people who would usually be quite vocal about anything controversial.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's also been almost a week since Jon has said anything on Twitter.

He's definitely choosing his next words carefully.

It's also been almost a week since Jon has said anything on Twitter.

He's definitely choosing his next words carefully.

JonTron knows he fucked up. He knows the debate with Destiny was a train wreck. The last thing he said on the stream was "RIP my career." I'm surprised he's even keeping quiet at this point. The time to step back and think about things was after the Steven King tweet. Way before that even.

There's no way you can walk the Destiny debate. JonTron's image has always been this lovable goofball who just wants to act zany and make people laugh. You can never get that image back again when you're saying shit like "immigrants dilute the gene pool" and "black people are genetically predisposed to commit crimes. Look it up."

I literally can't think of anything he or anyone else could possibly say in this situation to make amends.

I don't think he learned shit. He's probably wallowing in self pity right now with close friends telling him he did nothing wrong. Then a few months later when he regains confidence he'll fuck it up again.

Top Bottom