• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

CheisGuy

Neo Member
Has he tried sacrificing a human (with the purity of a virgin) to an ancient, powerful deity from space? I hear that's popular with the kids these days.

(By the way, the other videos that are featured from the Normal Boots crew, such as The Completionist & ProJared, are worth checking out.)

Or he might try the ever so popular "OOCHOOKOOKOOKOOKOO"

Zomba13

The fact that Bethesda made Home Alone for the NES had me shocked. Sounds like something that should be on Did You Know Gaming. But a lot of people are wondering how Jacques is going to recover from his 3rd death. Any predictions?

It was all an hallucination. Jacques is fine. He's lying down. Reading a magazine.

Neiteio

If the Genesis games are the best Home Alone titles, he should have showed them for more than a few seconds...
Yep, I just watched it, and I concur. GREAT EPISODE, but he really piqued my interest in the Genesis titles, only to barely show them at the end.

Also, quite fitting given this thread, Jacques makes a "That's racist" joke within the first few moments of the episode, lol.

Jawmuncher

A little bit mad that he's using JWplayer on the new site.
I understand why though, better ad support, more revenue, and what not.
But my current connection is crap and I can't watch the video without it being stuttering or delayed. Usually I just download an episode if I need to watch it but I can't even do that.

I would donate just to be able to grab the episode.

WillyFive

A little bit mad that he's using JWplayer on the new site.
I understand why though, better ad support, more revenue, and what not.
But my current connection is crap and I can't watch the video without it being stuttering or delayed. Usually I just download an episode if I need to watch it but I can't even do that.

I would donate just to be able to grab the episode.

Yeah, the player died and broke multiple times while watching the episode; going out-of-sync with audio and crashing the resolution to something that appeared smaller than 240p.

NotLiquid

I really enjoy the increase in presentation value Jon has been doing lately. I can't say this episode had a lot of standout moments like his previous ones but I'd say they age well with time. His Charlie's Angels episode for example was one I really didn't like at first, and I felt that during this time his insistence on reviewing plain terrible games detracted from his enthusiasm or even constructive criticism which would have been valuable in good games. That said a lot of jokes from that video still linger with me and make me feel relatively nostalgic.

Videos like the Home Alone and Hercules videos are ones I enjoy the most since he balances it all out and can still be positive about games or even just have fun joking about a game which isn't necessarily even bad, which was the reason I came to love him way back when.

StingX2

Can't get the video to load at all but my dad is childhood friends with the guy who did the some of the art for Home Alone on NES, the guy was a small time comic book artist but no idea what else he ever worked on.

v0A3SXl.png

Speaking of JonTron and the Normal Boots family, I'm surprised we don't have an OT for Continue?. I love that show, consistently funny and all the dudes are really likeable.

Also I sat down and watched all the new content on Normal Boots and it was all great. I hope this works out for them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It seems to me that Jon's always kinda been a little anti-Sega for whatever reason, lol. Arin and Jon used to shit-talk the Genesis a lot on Game Grumps.

In my head there's a Dolan comic.

"Game Grumps"

"Everything was Nintendo"

WillyFive

The guy grew up with Nintendo, he likes Nintendo more. Same with how Mark from CGR grew up with Sega, so he likes Sega more. I'm fine with that, because it's honest and they aren't like the traditional gaming media that feigns 'un-bias'.

Neiteio

Technically, Genesis "wins" in the latest Jontron, since Jontron determines that only the Genesis Home Alone games were good.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The guy grew up with Nintendo, he likes Nintendo more. Same with how Mark from CGR grew up with Sega, so he likes Sega more. I'm fine with that, because it's honest and they aren't like the traditional gaming media that feigns 'un-bias'.

I prefer Sega as well, but it's not like I go about ignoring the SNES or talk down to it or anything.

That era of gaming was just amazing all around. People who ignore and/or bash any of the big three systems of the time are seriously missing out.

iP3vnbm.gif

Great episode. If you still haven't watched it, didn't someone post a direct link to the mp4? You can just download that and watch it without player issues.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Guess they're having a hard time getting people over from YouTube to their own network.
Pretty much all internet reviewers who have their own sites eventually upload to YouTube. Hell, RedLetterMedia just put their Robocop review on YouTube last night at the same time as they put it on Blip, or whatever video host they use. And the Grumps put their first TableFlip on 'Tube too, though everyone cried that it meant the series was dead.

But in reality, all videos end up on YouTube eventually. Sometimes after a while, sometimes right away.

Edit: Eh, that's probably partially it. Though he could have done what ClassicGameRoom does and just did an advertisement to get people knowing.

Neiteio

Guess they're having a hard time getting people over from YouTube to their own network.
Not necessarily -- I remember a Jontron video where he said the plan was to do it this way from the start (NormalBoots.com first, then YouTube later).

I hope they're doing well. I want to see more Jontron! And glad to hear there's another one coming tomorrow. I wonder what it will be about? (Would love an extravaganza all about Rare games, since those seem to be near and dear to Jontron)

NotLiquid

Yeah the idea of NormalBoots was always to offer timed exclusive content under their own terms. Even back then during its original existence it was commonplace for Jon, PBG and the guys to submit their videos a week before YouTube. It wasn't as big of a deal back then though because Jon actually had a weekly schedule.

Damn, I completely lost it at the Vietnamese translated Pokemon Diamond. Very good episode.

Actually quite interested in Moemon...I felt it was quite well realized.

Negator

The delivery on the Moemon section was hilarious. I have actually seen someone play that game on campus, and I pretty much had the exact same reaction:
WHY!?

Blues1990

The new JonTron video was brilliant, though I was a bit confused with the ending. (Did the cartridge suck Jon into a vortex, which transported him to another universe?)

Loco4Coco

I'm a sucker for JonTron and Pokemon, so this episode was a no brainer. He should of gone a lil bit more in depth about Pokemon Vietnamese.

Syril

I hope he does a part 2, if for no other reason than Pokemon Quartz. Or would that not count being a romhack instead?

Top Bottom