• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors Sentenced to 52-Week Domestic Violence Intervention Program

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Are you blind? He literally manhandles her in these videos.

manhandle

verb
man·han·dle ˈman-ˌhan-dᵊl
1 : to handle roughly
2 : to move or manage by human force

He ran because he realized he fucked up and abused her in public this time. Evidence was presented in court that he was a habitual abuser and sent her to the hospital at least once before as well, and yet fools like you completely ignore that fact because "running = innocent". Absolute madness.

In any case, it's done and over with and I applaud the court system for doing its job. Habitual abusers like this piece of shit deserve to be exposed.

So you can see things no one else can see? Things even the driver couldn't see or hear (a person who wasn't on the payroll, either) ... You can see all that? Even when there's no video anywhere?

And from what I remember about the London incident, she had a minor injury that didn't sound like he did it on purpose... But was afraid he would look like "the scary black man" which IS a societal trope, at least here in America.

But believe what you want. If they found he was an abuser, he would have gotten convicted of those felonies (which the jury determined wasn't the case) or would have been sentenced to a year in jail, or more. But he wasn't.

And no one disputed he manhandled her by putting her back in the car and trying to get away from her like the driver mentioned.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm sure there is more to this. Our justice system isn't great, but I don't think this is the only evidence.

I've seen those videos.

What it comes down to, he could have just walked away, not grabbed her and forcibly put her back into the vehicle. That was his down fall.

They dated for two years, you get close with someone in that time. You learn to deal with the little inconveniences that come with relations in that time.

I know a lot of people can get to that breaking point and do crazy things, just don't see what she would get out of fracturing her own figure to have more evidence for prosecution. If you've ever fractured or broken anything, it's not something you want to quickly do to yourself.

I believe she was drunk/high at the time when she broke it. She was bottomless and out of it when the super and Majors found her in his apt. That's when he called 911. I don't think she did it on purpose.

8bitpill

I believe she was drunk/high at the time when she broke it. She was bottomless and out of it when the super and Majors found her in his apt. That's when he called 911. I don't think she did it on purpose.

What it boils down to he was found guilty and the evidence was enough for that verdict.

Another extreme case of psychical abuse,

This worthless human only got six months in jail for this. The worst part about this, is the wife has some short of Stockholm syndrome, she has stated how she doesn't want to see the father of her child in jail.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What it boils down to he was found guilty and the evidence was enough for that verdict.

Another extreme case of psychical abuse,

This worthless human only got six months in jail for this. The worst part about this, is the wife has some short of Stockholm syndrome, she has stated how she doesn't want to see the father of her child in jail.

That POS deserves belongs UNDER the jail! Then he says "I love you boo" at the end? Psycho!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I want to think he was talking to the baby when he said that (thought it might have been the kids nick name). It's a hard watch.

It definitely is.

As for Majors, I think he WAS trying to walk away and was trying to stop her from going where he was going. That obviously failed.

8bitpill

It definitely is.

As for Majors, I think he WAS trying to walk away and was trying to stop her from going where he was going. That obviously failed.
Yes he was.

Whatever was going on in their relationship (Jonathan and Gracie), there was some serious trust issues. Communication is key, this is a light example of someone bottling it up.

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
That’s just life. Being a guy has expectations like taking a jab, never striking a woman or even doing boring shit like which person at home is the first person expected to shovel snow or fix a flat tire or pay for everything on a first date. The guy. Just things we all got to live with.
If you mean getting hands put on you by "taking jab" I disagree vehemently.

*Nightwing

This is a huge MCU W

w2PN3Pn.jpg

He is 200lbs muscle , compared to his 120lb something exgirlfriend. If you feel threaten by someone that much smaller than you, you have to check yourself. I highly doubt he felt in any danger, he reacted the wrong way and it was an piss poor decision on his part.
It doesn't matter "what he felt" or not, being smaller than someone doesn't excuse laying hands on them whatsoever, "oh they are so much smaller so they can't hurt him" is nonsense. A gaffer here "almost lost an eye" from a child.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It doesn't matter "what he felt" or not, being smaller than someone doesn't excuse laying hands on them whatsoever, "oh they are so much smaller so they can't hurt him" is nonsense. A gaffer here "almost lost an eye" from a child.

Majors wanted to paint Jabbari as the abuser, but there was no evidence to back that up.

Majors may not be a physical abuser, but he's certainly an expert at psychological abuse.

"I'm a monster. A horrible man. Not capable of love," the actor sent in a text in September 2022 while threatening to kill himself.

In audio from an argument that same month, Majors told her she needed to act more like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama, the wives of Martin Luther King and former President Barack Obama.

"I am doing great things, not just for me but for my culture and the world," he said, adding that she would need to "make sacrifices" for him.

Majors is an abuser, but the twisted kind who likes to mentally torture people. I've been the victim of that kind of mental abuse and it really fucks you up. Majors got what he deserved.

Toots

Gold Member
"I'm a monster. A horrible man. Not capable of love," the actor sent in a text in September 2022 while threatening to kill himself.

In audio from an argument that same month, Majors told her she needed to act more like Coretta Scott King and Michelle Obama, the wives of Martin Luther King and former President Barack Obama.

"I am doing great things, not just for me but for my culture and the world," he said, adding that she would need to "make sacrifices" for him.
Holy delusion of grandeur Batman :messenger_pensive:
I liked the guy and even defended him because i thought he was level headed, but my god what a bitch ass to think he's on par with MLK or even Obama... And that 15 yo goth kid text shows either he's painfully stupid or has no shame at all.

Sonik

Are you blind? He literally manhandles her in these videos.

manhandle

verb
man·han·dle ˈman-ˌhan-dᵊl
1 : to handle roughly
2 : to move or manage by human force

He ran because he realized he fucked up and abused her in public this time. Evidence was presented in court that he was a habitual abuser and sent her to the hospital at least once before as well, and yet fools like you completely ignore that fact because "running = innocent". Absolute madness.

In any case, it's done and over with and I applaud the court system for doing its job. Habitual abusers like this piece of shit deserve to be exposed.

She runs after him genius, this isn't some abused terrified woman that is trying to get away from the abuser, she's literally chasing him

8bitpill

shoot-sniper.gif

Keep your guard up with those
qdCLdA.gif
"smaller"
air-quotes-498-x-202-gif-w17q4skakmsnd5s0.gif
people.

8bitpill

Majors wanted to paint Jabbari as the abuser, but there was no evidence to back that up.

Majors may not be a physical abuser, but he's certainly an expert at psychological abuse.

Majors is an abuser, but the twisted kind who likes to mentally torture people. I've been the victim of that kind of mental abuse and it really fucks you up. Majors got what he deserved.

I was looking for those messages that were brought up in this case.

It shows his small world views and how he treats people that are even close to him.

Majors flew too close to the sun and let his stardom carry him there.
b5069a295c1a5f475619e2d741479a81.gif

Sonik

Maybe she runs after him because he was threatening to kill himself? He was mentally abusing her and making those threats.

So the terrified woman that has just been abused is chasing her abuser because he just threatened to kill himself right after he abused her, makes perfect sense

IDKFA

So the terrified woman that has just been abused is chasing her abuser because he just threatened to kill himself right after he abused her, makes perfect sense

Speaking from experience, yeah that is a possible situation.

Do you think he's innocent?

He may not have physically abused her, but it's very clear he mentally abused her.

Sonik

Speaking from experience, yeah that is a possible situation.

Do you think he's innocent?

He may not have physically abused her, but it's very clear he mentally abused her.

I think the fact that this video exists and he was still convicted is fucking insane. Chasing after a person after an altercation at best indicates you're not a victim at worst that you're the perpetrator of the abuse but since she's the woman people made up a bunch of dumb fucking scenarios on how she could be the victim

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I think the fact that this video exists and he was still convicted is fucking insane. Chasing after a person after an altercation at best indicates you're not a victim at worst that you're the perpetrator of the abuse but since she's the woman people made up a bunch of dumb fucking scenarios on how she could be the victim
Ever heard of trauma bonding?

Sonik

Ever heard of trauma bonding?

Ever heard of acting like a fucking adult and actually leaving the person that abuses you? I'm fucking sick and tired of all these buzzwords social sciences have made up to both make excuses for people making idiotic decisions (because fuck accountability, right?) and paint men as abusers no matter the evidence. If you 're being abused leave the piece of shit and report it to the police, at some point it stops being just his fault and becomes your fault too if you're being abused and continue staying with the person as everyone around you tell you to leave, and believe me they do. I had a friend with a psycho girlfriend like that and after the 3rd incident I just stopped feeling sorry for him and she wasn't even too violent, just extremely unstable and demanding, the man had a kid with her and now pays child support. Absolutely deserved, at that point you stop being the victim and it is a conscious decision to stay with your abuser

Furthermore a person that is terrified and is being abused does not chase after her abuser during an altercation, she might return to him after things have calmed down a bit but would not go after him during the altercation, even the buzzwords can't explain that away

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Ever heard of acting like a fucking adult and actually leaving the person that abuses you? I'm fucking sick and tired of all these buzzwords social sciences have made up to both make excuses for people making idiotic decisions (because fuck accountability, right?) and paint men as abusers no matter the evidence. If you 're being abused leave the piece of shit and report it to the police, at some point it stops being just his fault and becomes your fault too if you're being abused and continue staying with the person as everyone around you tell you to leave, and believe me they do. I had a friend with a psycho girlfriend like that and after the 3rd incident I just stopped feeling sorry for him and she wasn't even too violent, just extremely unstable and demanding, the man had a kid with her and now pays child support. Absolutely deserved, at that point you stop being the victim and it is a conscious decision to stay with your abuser

Furthermore a person that is terrified and is being abused does not chase after her abuser during an altercation, she might return to him after things have calmed down a bit but would not go after him during the altercation, even the buzzwords can't explain that away
Your close mindedness and dismissiveness are pretty telling. Trauma bonding is a real thing and not just a "buzzword". Its obvious you've never been in an abusive relationship. Google "Why do I feel bad for my abuser" I'd tell you to educate yourself but I see you have your mind made up.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Trauma bonding is a clinical term ... Not a "woke" term. And I am familiar with it having been through it.

But can also see that 2 things can be true at once I think he was overbearing and had a high opinion of himself AND I don't think he was physically abusive. I've long looked at him as being high functioning autistic... But autistic still the same.

Sonik

Your close mindedness and dismissiveness are pretty telling. Trauma bonding is a real thing and not just a "buzzword". Its obvious you've never been in an abusive relationship. Google "Why do I feel bad for my abuser" I'd tell you to educate yourself but I see you have your mind made up.

You're the one parroting whatever buzzwords social "sciences" make up and I'm the closeminded? And again, even if trauma bonding is a legit excuse for idiots to stay with their abusers it's still not a legitimate excuse for this particular situation.

Trauma bonding is a clinical term ... Not a "woke" term. And I am familiar with it having been through it.

But can also see that 2 things can be true at once I think he was overbearing and had a high opinion of himself AND I don't think he was physically abusive. I've long looked at him as being high functioning autistic... But autistic still the same.

I'm not saying it's a woke term, I'm saying is a pathetic excuse social sciences have made up for idiots who stay with their abusers. Yeah no shit, people staying with their abusers is a legit problem I've witnessed first-hand, just because it happens though and these hacks have given it a fancy name doesn't mean that these people shouldn't be accountable for their own actions. Of course abusers are despicable individuals but the people who stay with them should be accountable for their stupidity too and not be treated like irresponsible children

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
You're the one parroting whatever buzzwords social "sciences" make up and I'm the closeminded? And again, even if trauma bonding is a legit excuse for idiots to stay with their abusers it's still not a legitimate excuse for this particular situation.

I'm not saying it's a woke term, I'm saying is a pathetic excuse social sciences have made up for idiots who stay with their abusers. Yeah no shit, people staying with their abusers is a legit problem I've witnessed first-hand, just because it happens though and these hacks have given it a fancy name doesn't mean that these people shouldn't be accountable for their own actions. Of course abusers are despicable individuals but the people who stay with them should be accountable for their stupidity too and not be treated like irresponsible children
Calling victims "idiots" classy! I'm pretty sure you are the most willfully ignorant person I've come across on here. I was in an abusive marriage for way too long. Whatever you "think" does not trump the hell that was my life and those that are or have been in an abusive relationship or why we stayed. Enjoy your victim blaming along with your astounding lack of empathy and understanding. I'm done replying to you. https://www.abuseandrelationships.org/Content/Survivors/victim_blaming.html

Last edited:

IDKFA

She didn't get let off because she was a women. All the evidence showed that she was the victim of abuse.

You're making you're whole judgement on one video.What about the other evidence then, such as the text messages and voice recordings which clearly show Majors is an abuser? Are you ignoring that evidence?

thefool

If the only evidence is the video, it's bonkers he got sentenced.
But like IDKFA said, maybe there's more evidence.

Sonik

Calling victims "idiots" classy! I'm pretty sure you are the most willfully ignorant person I've come across on here. I was in an abusive marriage for way too long. Whatever you "think" does not trump the hell that was my life and those that are or have been in an abusive relationship or why we stayed. Enjoy your victim blaming along with your astounding lack of empathy and understanding. I'm done replying to you. https://www.abuseandrelationships.org/Content/Survivors/victim_blaming.html

Sorry man and it's nothing personal against you but I have no respect for people that can get out of these relationships and don't. Maybe if you had a child I would get it but other than that it's partly your fault and no amount of buzzwords that are just observations of what happens can justify it to me. You're an adult and should take accountability for your actions too, of course abusers are subhumans but being a victim doesn't give you a jail free card for your stupid decisions

She didn't get let off because she was a women. All the evidence showed that she was the victim of abuse.

You're making you're whole judgement on one video.What about the other evidence then, such as the text messages and voice recordings which clearly show Majors is an abuser? Are you ignoring that evidence?

What evidence was there, I keep getting linked to this video every time proof of his abuse comes up.

Top Bottom