• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron Releases a Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim-tales

He said a bunch of white nationalist propaganda garbage, then agreed to do a live stream debate with Destiny. I feel like people are confused and think his beliefs didn't come out until the debate, which isn't the case.

There was no fluster responsible.

Apologies, I didnt realise that, I assumed he just did the debate.
Thanks for explaining it.

joe2187

Banned
It's heartbreaking when his wife comes on later and talks about how women shouldn't be able to vote.

Im learning about reverse gentrification right now and "Exurbs" and how mass droves of black people drive out white people from their own neighborhoods.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I thought Boogies point was more that media sites tend to dog pile onto youtubers for any reason they can because they are making them obsolete? Clearly says he doesn't agree with Jon.

"White" was basically a concept made up by the bourgeois centuries ago to prevent indentured and poor whites and enslaved blacks from realizing they were on the same side economically and socially and revolting together. It characterized the ruling class as a sort of standard that lower-class whites could live up to- gave them a taste of power- and thus racial divisions occurred.

Once you understand this, every racial issue in America logically follows: You understand why different European groups like the Irish and Italians were forced to leave behind the depths of their cultures for the security of being considered "white." You understand why Asians even tried at all to legally argue in court that they too should be considered "white." As a result of this attempt at assimilating all of these different cultures and peoples down into this one thing called "whiteness" or "white culture," you understand why even most white people can't actually tell you what "white culture" is, a peculiar problem not faced by ethnic minorities like black people, Latino groups, Asians, and natives.

You understand why white people will, on average, see other poor whites (like those unfortunate coal miners) as undeserving victims of an unfair system while poor blacks are just lazy welfare queens and poor Latinos are all illegals who are undermining proper work standards and diluting the gene pool. You understand why the nearly free land and money grants given to white people by the government throughout this country's history are not considered welfare, while welfare initiatives that work to include minorities too are indicative of "handouts" and "entitlements" that they don't deserve. You understand why white people love the ACA but hate Obamacare. You understand why white people overwhelmingly voted for Trump while most other ethnic minorities- even those who face the exact same kind of economic dead ends that poor white people do- voted the other way regardless.

And finally, you understand why people who look white regardless of them actually being of Iranian descent like JonTron will basically throw themselves on the spear and turn their backs on who they really are to defend whiteness. Because ultimately, "white" means power, and the long and short of it is people don't want to give up their power.

And the short version.

quote-i-ll-tell-you-what-s-at-the-bottom-of-it-if-you-can-convince-the-lowest-white-man-he-lyndon-b-johnson-107-70-60.jpg

History of the world isn't hidden but isn't talked about nor expounded upon. Fantastic posts highlighting what was done over a long period of time in several parts of the world, not just america.

foltzie1

"White" was basically a concept made up by the bourgeois centuries ago to prevent indentured and poor whites and enslaved blacks from realizing they were on the same side economically and socially and revolting together. It characterized the ruling class as a sort of standard that lower-class whites could live up to- gave them a taste of power- and thus racial divisions occurred.

Once you understand this, every racial issue in America logically follows: You understand why different European groups like the Irish and Italians were forced to leave behind the depths of their cultures for the security of being considered "white." You understand why Asians even tried at all to legally argue in court that they too should be considered "white." As a result of this attempt at assimilating all of these different cultures and peoples down into this one thing called "whiteness" or "white culture," you understand why even most white people can't actually tell you what "white culture" is, a peculiar problem not faced by ethnic minorities like black people, Latino groups, Asians, and natives.

You understand why white people will, on average, see other poor whites (like those unfortunate coal miners) as undeserving victims of an unfair system while poor blacks are just lazy welfare queens and poor Latinos are all illegals who are undermining proper work standards and diluting the gene pool. You understand why the nearly free land and money grants given to white people by the government throughout this country's history are not considered welfare, while welfare initiatives that work to include minorities too are indicative of "handouts" and "entitlements" that they don't deserve. You understand why white people love the ACA but hate Obamacare. You understand why white people overwhelmingly voted for Trump while most other ethnic minorities- even those who face the exact same kind of economic dead ends that poor white people do- voted the other way regardless.

And finally, you understand why people who look white regardless of them actually being of Iranian descent like JonTron will basically throw themselves on the spear and turn their backs on who they really are to defend whiteness. Because ultimately, "white" means power, and the long and short of it is people don't want to give up their power.

Not that this post needs more quoting, but some citations were requested and given, but I can add one thing.

Anyone curious about what it meant and means to be black* in the United States, please consider watching some (or all) of the wonderful Eyes on the Prize documentary. Here is a link to episode one on Youtube. Consider watching just the first five minutes (of which the first minute is all sponsor logos) to get a taste of what people who are still alive today faced then and still deal with the effects of today.

*Note, while Eyes on the Prized focuses on the 60s Southern Civil Rights movement the lessons therein apply broadly. For example, take a look at the segregationists in the historical footage who proudly expose their beliefs and imagine what their corollaries from today would look like.

joe2187

Banned
I thought Boogies point was more that media sites tend to dog pile onto youtubers for any reason they can because they are making them obsolete? Clearly says he doesn't agree with Jon.

It's also a bullshit defense when you get called out on your bullshit, so you attack the credibility of the criticism source instead of arguing or defending your point or cause.

joe2187

Banned
Jesus, Destiny looks miserable there.

Also, WHAT THE FUCk

"IQ is not a predictor of success"

"Whites have larger IQs"

"It doesnt matter about IQs"

"Asians have larger IQs, but african blacks have smaller IQs than European or American Whites, But American Blacks have a higher IQ than African blacks because they have anglo DNA thanks to masters fucking a bunch of slaves and they get that from European and American White DNA boosting their IQ"

Is some of the key parts of what he was listening for the most part so you can see why trying to comprehend that an actual 30 year old human being in 2016 is what is making him miserable.

7MKka.gif

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It's also a bullshit defense when you get called out on your bullshit, so you attack the credibility of the criticism source instead of arguing or defending your point or cause.

Yeah I mean Kotaku always knows for there journalism integrity, clearly not in it for the clicks. Only had to scroll past the Conan dick story, repost of web comics, and snack reviews to find it...

That's just a persecution complex (which seems to be a recurring deal GG and GG adjacent peeps) with no actual standing. These guys are public media personalities with substantial followings. If you start start talking about black people having a genetic predisposition to criminality in that position, it's going to get coverage.

Also fuck boogie, that stooge will gladly defend Jons right to spout hateful garbage, but the people calling him on his shit are apparently the problem. Asking "why do we have to be so polarized" when one side of the argument thinks migrants are diluting the gene pool is disengenuous horseshit, more concerned with the veneer of civility than breaking down the problematic thinking he (apparently) disagrees with.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah I mean Kotaku always knows for there journalism integrity, clearly not in it for the clicks. Only had to scroll past the Conan dick story, repost of web comics, and snack reviews to find it...

Except that the original article was from the "Wall Street Journal" and not Kotaku.

Archtreyz

That interview with Destiny was eye opening. Its crazy how people educate themselves in justification for being racists. People are determined to be racists to the extent that they dedicate so much learning to the cause.

foltzie1

Poe's Law Strikes Again!

Risible

The never ending bullshit from so many of these guys, and GamerGate, and stories of how shitty it is for women and minorities in the industry - it's all made me question whether I want to identify as a "gamer" in any way. It's all so fucking crazy lately.

Of course Jon's punk ass doubles down. At least we know where he truly stands on the issues, which means I don't have to give him clicks anymore.

TheGamingBrit Considering he's friends with Hbomberguy it's pretty safe to assume he's chill.

Superbunnyhop Is good. He was willing to piss off a chunk of his audience to speak his mind on Trump.

Hyperbithero Posts here.

George's audience probably skews liberal anyway, given that he also wasn't a fan of GamerGate.

Also, I'd add ErrantSignal as well.

SilentRob

Yeah, "any reason" here being literal racism and white supremacy or, as boogie calls it, "new hats" and "new ideas" he "applauds" Jon for trying out, even though he personally disagrees with them, as if Jon just advocated eating a cookie boogie personally doesn't like.

Gizmodo and co ain't going out of business because of youtubers... and when that's your focus, that the super racist is a victim of media oppression because we're taking over.... maybe consider that before making a video.

Xenoblade

Do you think you or your ilk are swaying anyone here?

I don't think he said that because he agrees with what Jon said, I think he said it because he thinks people should stand for what they believe in instead of retracting statements to appease outrage culture.

I don't think he said that because he agrees with what Jon said, I think he said it because he thinks people should stand for what they believe in instead of retracting statements to appease outrage culture.

Would you have the gull to call reacting to what JobTron said actually outrage culture?

Xoninhas

Banned

Someone understands, special snowflakes don't want true mentality changes, just vapid apologies so they can get their quick fix of outrage, and move on to the next thing. Whatever your opinion is, NEVER EVER EVER apologize if you don't feel it.

SomTervo

Being glad someone didn't apologise isn't a discussion of or stand for what they believe. It's a terribly weak one at most.

Someone understands, special snowflakes don't want true mentality changes, just vapid apologies so they can get their quick fix of outrage, and move on to the next thing. Whatever your opinion is, NEVER EVER EVER apologize if you don't feel it.

Wow. Quick fix of outrage. Right.

For the rest of my life I'll be angry about the heinously problematic and offensive things JonTron said. The same goes for any intolerant bullshit. Is that "quick fix" enough for you?

And you're okay with everything he said in the Destiny interview?

Of course Jon's punk ass doubles down. At least we know where he truly stands on the issues, which means I don't have to give him clicks anymore.

George's audience probably skews liberal anyway, given that he also wasn't a fan of GamerGate.

Also, I'd add ErrantSignal as well.

I just remember seeing hundreds of comments of people saying "unsubbing" or other toxic stuff. You're probably right though, I doubt it effected his actual numbers very much.

Don't feel bad about racism? Um?

Xenoblade

Would you have the gull to call reacting to what JobTron said actually outrage culture?

'Outrage culture' is currently in the spotlight. I put this fact together with his statement and simply offered my opinion on what I think he meant.

Edit: He seems to have quoted my statement and confirmed my assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom