• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey releasing March 15th in JPN PSN (1200 yen)

dethforce

Banned
just finished it -wonderful - but waaaaaay to short (and i think the 12,99€ price is a bit to much) if you like flower, you will like this through.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This is horrible timing. I'm moving out of my apartment in March 10th, and will no longer have access to a broadband connection (only satellite at my new place, and Wifi while on the go). I really want to play this, but I don't even know if I will have the chance to download it any more. :(

Question: Is having access to the internet and bumping into strangers a big part of the game?

This is horrible timing. I'm moving out of my apartment in March 10th, and will no longer have access to a broadband connection (only satellite at my new place, and Wifi while on the go). I really want to play this, but I don't even know if I will have the chance to download it any more. :(

Question: Is having access to the internet and bumping into strangers a big part of the game?

That sucks dude. Is there anyway you can bring your ps3 to friend's house to download an play it?

I never met anyone while playing it, and had a amazing experience. So honestly no.

But a co-worker did play most of it with a friend, and said it dramatically changed the experience, so there's a argument for it to be made, but I felt I had a complete experience without meeting anyone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

Not really. Meeting someone along the journey does add to the experience but not to the point to call it "a big part" of it.

Also, there is enough stuff to find/collect (as the trophy list shows) to keep you busy after your first run.

Dont want to be spoiled...is there a platinum?

Nope. It's a small game.

kassatsu

Banned
Not really. Meeting someone along the journey does add to the experience but not to the point to call it "a big part" of it.

Also, there is enough stuff to find/collect (as the trophy list shows) to keep you busy after your first run.

Nope. It's a small game.
I would say it is a huge part. Allowing you to explore more due to the fact that you can recharge each other's scarfs. Without a partner you can go a long time without the ability to jump

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I would say it is a huge part. Allowing you to explore more due to the fact that you can recharge each other's scarfs. Without a partner you can go a long time without the ability to jump

It would be huge if the "explore more" actually led to new areas/stuff. Which is not the case. There is not a single palm of any area you can't reach solo.

It might be easier with a partner, but that assumes the partner is on the same page since there is no way to communicate your intentions.

It would be huge if the "explore more" actually led to new areas/stuff. Which is not the case. There is not a single palm of any area you can't reach solo.

It might be easier with a partner, but that assumes the partner is on the same page since there is no way to communicate your intentions.

The only area I could think of that would be easiet with a partner would be the second to last area, since the mechanics of that would be well suited for a pair. Otherwise I have a hard time seeing where it could be totally justified as a mandatory thing for gameplay.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That sucks dude. Is there anyway you can bring your ps3 to friend's house to download an play it?

Potentially.... I could at least download for sure.

I never met anyone while playing it, and had a amazing experience. So honestly no.

But a co-worker did play most of it with a friend, and said it dramatically changed the experience, so there's a argument for it to be made, but I felt I had a complete experience without meeting anyone.

Awesome! Good to know I can still fully enjoy the game without a partner. Split-screen multi-player would of been nice to experience the game with my girlfriend, but I understand that it goes against the the No Open Communication aspect.

First review

That these problems are so irksome is something of an achievement in itself. Journey's disappointments sting all the more, because here is an immaculately constructed, expertly choreographed experience that tells a story in a unique, intelligent way, exploring themes of faith and fate, death and rebirth with a rare delicacy of touch. That it comes at a time where risk is routinely avoided, sent out into a landscape clouded by doubt and dominated by the safe, the tried and tested? Maybe that's the real wonder.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/journey/review.html

9/10

Granted, thatgamecompany's done most of the work for you. The studio has poured the deserts, trashed the temples and filled the world with the floating presence of a nameless almighty. The truly brilliant move, though, was to leave a space at the very centre of the design that only a stranger can fill.

The master stroke, as in all great myths, lies not with God, but with the human element.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-01-journey-review

9/10

Danielsan

Awesome to see this getting great reviews straight out of the gate. I really hope this game sells better than any PSN title before.

Danielsan

The Eurogamer review reconfirms my experience with the beta. The game is a fantastic jaw dropping single player experience, but once you meet that stranger in the desert and decide to make the Journey together you truly get to see what a work of art it really is.

StaSeb

Ah damn, this is the correct thread!

Posted it in the reviews-Thread already but yeah... played through the review-build, love it and will happily answer questions. But I am bound to some heavy embargos concerning al lot of elements. And they are right about it. Surprise and wonder are key in playing it first, falling in love with it.

DON'T SPOIL YOURSELFS! Go on no-media-mode! Buy it! Download it! While it loads and installs, get comfy! Make a cup of tea or rip open a cold one. Make sure you will have around two hours of undisturbed time. Dim the lights, crank up your best possible audio-playback-device and enjoy! /r/trees will also love the game.

But yeah... questions?

Archon473

Can this be played in a sort of single-player mode where I won't meet other players? I'm sure I could disconnect from PSN or disconnect my internet, but an in-game option would be optimal. I don't like playing co-op games with strangers.

StaSeb

Can this be played in a sort of single-player mode where I won't meet other players? I'm sure I could disconnect from PSN or disconnect my internet, but an in-game option would be optimal. I don't like playing co-op games with strangers.

AFAIR no but it really does not matter of you chose to ignore the other player. And meeting people really only adds to the experience. It never hinders your progress. And afterwards... believe me, play it online. It completes the game.

Just finished it, got my review copy yesterday.
Completed it with a complete stranger and we did not talk during the whole game (well duh, you can't), but I never had better teamplay with a stranger. Awesome experience and really and incredible beautiful journey.

You can choose to ignore them if you want. Their presence there is a part of the game, as is your decision to work with them or on your own.

I haven't seen a game where coop is so so important to the experience this since Bubble Bobble.

For the record, I've played it twice. The first time I lost my partner sometime before the end and I was genuinely disappointed that we couldn't finish together. Second time I made sure to keep track of him.

Sure, you can decide to just not follow the other guy. But you'll be breaking someone's heart.

Oh, and epic beauty:
http://i.imgur.com/3pYLy.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Well, I watched it, even though I've basically been on blackout for ages. JFC, this game looks incredible, easily one of the most beautiful things I've seen all gen.

And it's powered by Sony's PhyreEngine btw. I guess all TGC games are, but I just noticed in Journey.

Fireflu

Any word on the price in the UK? Got £7 in my wallet ready for this release, but im expecting it to be £10. Either way can't wait, gonna be magical :'}

Top Bottom