• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joycon connection issue may be hardware related

Chao

Did you lose your saves?

I'm worried my tablet is the culprit, actually. I've tried several different joy-cons and all of them start having issues if my legs blocks line of sight while sitting on the couch (about 8 feet away). My latest pair only does it under extreme circumstances though, and both pass the behind-the-back test (from about 12 feet away) with flying colours, so I'm not really sure what to think.

They transferred my settings and data to the new unit. Even the wifi password was already saved there.

Had to re download the eShop games though

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Are you in the US? Good luck finding another pair of blue controllers. They're as hard to come by as the Switch itself. And as far as anyone can tell, the corrected joycons have not filtered through the system yet, there is still a chance that you'll get another bad one from the store.

That's cool. I guess I'll wait it out then.

I need to send mine in, my analog stick is also squeaky when rotated.

Do I just chat with them online or over the phone, and then they get me a prepaid label to ship out? I guess I should find a small box to send the joycon in.

Got the same problem with my console received this week.

Need to put up with it for a week for pre planned events then going to have to send in for repair

Definitely the joy con. 3 others function perfectly

KevinG

Going to need to send in my Joycon this week.

Haven't started the process yet. Didn't notice the issue on my launch unit until my wife and I started playing Mario Kart.

Bloody right joycon getting worse.... sigh.
Already sent my left one to the UK and it was over 2 weeks coming back. Finishing up Zelda soon and then onto Mariokart, going to be very annoying I'd imagine for whoever is playing with the right joycon. Very annoying

Guys, the tablet itself can be the issue too.

Had my right joycon sent twice because it worked like shit , this was after having my left one repaired .

Both times they told me red joycon was fine, but it wasn't working properly. So had to send in the switch tablet and they replaced it for a new one.

The same right joycon works perfectly now in the new unit , alongside the Left one, so it seems it was the tablet which sucked, not the controllers -at least not the right one-

Thanks for sharing. Just dropped a box off to UPS today, sent my Switch and both Joycons in. Started getting desyncs with both even when connected, and I suspect as Nintendo does that the Switch unit itself is faulty. I hope my experience ends up like yours.

My right joycon desynced wirelessly more often than my left.

Necro900

Just got my switch and I decided to try the calibration.. well, Joycons both work behind my back at normal play distance. Left joycon starts losing signal when behind my back and with no direct line of sight (I mean with something in front of me + being behind my back) from twice the aforementioned playing distance. Right one is fine even in the latter case.

Honestly not sure I should send the left one in, since it looks like it should handle with no issue normal playing distance (even with hands behind back, lol).. unless it somehow gets worse? Should I have it replaced anyway?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I suspect many people either didn't realize their left joycon had an issue, or weren't bothered by it playing Zelda.

But when Arms launches, the flaw could be far more exposed (or will people believe the game is flawed?).

I repaired 2 joycons that had the issue among my friends, it's likely a big number of joy-cons from first Switch batches have an issue, most propably haven't been fixed.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Bloody right joycon getting worse.... sigh.
Already sent my left one to the UK and it was over 2 weeks coming back. Finishing up Zelda soon and then onto Mariokart, going to be very annoying I'd imagine for whoever is playing with the right joycon. Very annoying

I'm about the bite the bullet and finally send my left one in in the UK, how's the process?

KevinG

Sending both of mine in from my launch unit. Packing them up today.

My wife is better at Mario Kart than I am, and this has always been the case. She uses the Joy-Con in some variation, and keeps losing to me. That's when we knew we had the issue.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm about the bite the bullet and finally send my left one in in the UK, how's the process?

I'm in Ireland but share service centre with the UK.

Repair request via https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/
I'd recommend doing the initial request via phone as email can take over a week to be responded to.

They sent me the shipping labels in 2 days after my request was created. You need to source packaging yourself though. Repair was returned within a working week.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Very slow. The actual repair process takes the 2-3 days as promised, but DPD has a very loose definition of "48 hours" because it was around two weeks from collection to getting it back.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm in Ireland but share service centre with the UK.

Repair request via https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/
I'd recommend doing the initial request via phone as email can take over a week to be responded to.

They sent me the shipping labels in 2 days after my request was created. You need to source packaging yourself though. Repair was returned within a working week.

Cheers!

And no noticeable problems with the repair?

Very slow. The actual repair process takes the 2-3 days as promised, but DPD has a very loose definition of "48 hours" because it was around two weeks from collection to getting it back.

Oh Nintendo.

Krakatoa

Going to need to send in my Joycon this week.

Haven't started the process yet. Didn't notice the issue on my launch unit until my wife and I started playing Mario Kart.

Same here, I thought my JoyCons were fine until I began using hem in Mario Kart.

Guess I'll be returning them to get fixed.

Murdoch

Got mine back from Ninty last week. Repair was labelled as "Software OS" related which was rectified on the joycon itself (haha!)

Either way it works flawlessly now. Took around a week. Parcelforce took 3-4 days and the repair was done in less than 24 hours with Nintendo themselves.

I sent the left joycon in on my spare pair last week as they are also suffering the same issue. Hopefully it gets repaired in the same way as it works flawlessly now.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Got mine back from Ninty last week. Repair was labelled as "Software OS" related which was rectified on the joycon itself (haha!)

Either way it works flawlessly now. Took around a week. Parcelforce took 3-4 days and the repair was done in less than 24 hours with Nintendo themselves.

I sent the left joycon in on my spare pair last week as they are also suffering the same issue. Hopefully it gets repaired in the same way as it works flawlessly now.

Cool, thanks.

I basically left it as long as I could till they'd acknowledged it and got on top of it and then a bit more for luck.

Xenoblade

I'm screwed whatever I do. If I keep the joy cons as is I get cut-outs, and if I send them in for repair I won't get them back for 2 weeks.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm screwed whatever I do. If I keep the joy cons as is I get cut-outs, and if I send them in for repair I won't get them back for 2 weeks.

I've been building a stockpile of dvd's for it haha

I didn't realise Mr. Robot got a dvd release.

2 weeks? That's crazy long. My left Joycon came back about 7 days after sending it off with the Austrian Postal Service. Sent it on a Friday and came back from Germany next Friday.
Even got a Mario fridge magnet along with it.

Codiox

How can I send them in from Germany? Just bought one Friday and my left joycon is acting weird when I'm playing on TV.

Top Bottom