• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUICY RUMOR: Next Resident Evil similar to Revelations, E3 2014, not RE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkin

I hope the rumor turns out to be true. RE6 was a gross mistake. Revelations was the best thing to happen to the series since 4.

Freeman

Banned
The dawn of a new gen is the the best time to press that reset button and reboot the franchise. Stop the abuse.

Vamphuntr

Better have Claire in it. If it's like revelaitons I hope it's only like the chapters on the ship and not like the terra grigia(sp?) chapters. Revelations was great for the ship chapters but underwhelming for the rest.

On the other hand, I felt RE6 was an train wreck from beginning to end. You can't play for more than five minutes without an annoying QTE, a cutscene,a cheap instant death/kill wall chase or an awful vehicle sequence. It seems it never ended too.

RE6 sold very well, why would it?
It sold a lot based on hype and later on through some word of mouth for people to give it a shot after it got panned, but if Capcom announced another game like RE6 people will just shrug it off.

Which is a shame, since I think RE6 is fantastic, even with its flaws.

RE6 sold very well, why would it?

It lost them money and was critically panned:

"Capcom today released financial results for the year ended March 31, reporting that its Resident Evil 6 sold 4.9 million units (enough to be the fourth best-seller in company history), but still managed to disappoint.

The publisher said that the game initially sold "at a brisk pace" when it was launched last October. However, Resident Evil 6 sales "subsequently plateaued. As a result, it did not meet with our projection and thus was not able to play a role in leading the segment's sales growth." (Capcom had originally projected the game to sell 7 million copies.)"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Revelations is dope as fuck, hope it ends up like Outbreak though.

Raid mode is the best thing about revelations. If you are going mix the two RE styles make it the best of both, revelations is not that, it's a poor version of both styles. Great game but nothing special.

Jobbs

Banned
This is very good. I played through RER on Wii U, and what a great game -- If you try it, keep in mind that the first part of the game is pretty shitty, you need to play further in for it all to get good.

RER was great DESPITE its strange format, where gameplay was sliced up into tidbits for portable play, and graphics scaled back for obvious reasons. A full fledged console game from the ground up would be great. Very excited.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I didn't like Revelations. Wasn't scary at all to me.
Yet it was a step in the right direction as you had some exploreable levels again. Assuming they expand on this the next game could be good. But then again, its Capcom and they probably still want RE to be Call of Doody. So I pretty much expect them to screw it up again.

I hope the get the feel or revelations but the controls of 6 but I'm fine with full rer also please let me play as fucking Claire I miss her capcom I miss her so much

rtcn63

RER is not so good. They should just make RE6 with better encounter design and pacing and that'd be good.

Yeah, give us RE6 with a single, more cohesive campaign that isn't too serious. And go back to a weapon system (multiple types of each gun, stat upgrades, being able to hotkey weapons to the d-pad) similar to the prior games.

Also fix Ada's face. She is not Asian Glenn Close.

vpance

So, RE Prologue basically. I'm ok with this as long as RE7 stays mostly action oriented and doesn't regress back to it's roots.

JoeFenix

RE:R is one of the worst Resident Evil games ever made. The poorest man's RE4.

Yep, I think it failed at literally everything it tried to do. If I'm trying to be positive, I guess I can say that I thought the final boss fight was kinda cool?

RE6 was a total mess but atleast it was a fun mess, Rev is just straight up boring.

I fear that the RE6 backfire went way too far. The controls, animations, weapons and even enemies are all just fine. What brought the game down were some dumb design decisions (QTE moments, ammo count, level layouts), as well as incredibly bad pacing.

Take the core controls from RE6 and then design a good fucking game around it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
"It's not Bio7"

No duh. Bio7 is going to be the big production again, and that shit takes time, and they aren't changing shit about it for anyone. They will do whatever they think is best as they originally thought it, because that is how Capcom works.

I don't even really love RE6, but I think RER gets a tremendous pass despite lacking the really intricate, interlocking level design of the classic games, having essentially no puzzles, no enemy variety, some uninteresting boss fights, and some other issues I don't know if I should go into here.
RE6 and REV go to couples counseling.

Guess which one is REV.

"Capcom today released financial results for the year ended March 31, reporting that its Resident Evil 6 sold 4.9 million units (enough to be the fourth best-seller in company history), but still managed to disappoint.

More recently, we can add that Resident Evil 6 became the third best selling Capcom game of all time with 5.8 millions. In any case, I like the idea of making a more balanced Resident Evil instead of doing directly a blockbusteresque Resident Evil 7.

quetz67

Banned

The publisher said that the game initially sold "at a brisk pace" when it was launched last October. However, Resident Evil 6 sales "subsequently plateaued. As a result, it did not meet with our projection and thus was not able to play a role in leading the segment's sales growth." (Capcom had originally projected the game to sell 7 million copies.)"

Yeah probably they make RE7 half as long as nobody really appreciated the 4 campaigns. So they can save lots of money and make a good profit.

RSB

Banned
God no, Revelations was terrible.

They should just do RE7, keeping the gameplay from RE6, but with good level design this time. That would be perfect.

Apart from Chris, Barry, Jill and Rebecca did all the other STARS members die? some were MIA right?

Could be a return of some of alpha or bravo team.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Revelations is by far my favorite RE since RE4 so I'm fine with this development (if true).

Relique

Just started playing the HD remake of revelation and it's pretty good. I just hope scanning rooms for items is gone for good. It takes away from the game when the first thing you do when entering the room is bring up the scanner. Otherwise the game is very fun.

bidguy

Banned
revelations was shit but at least better than 5 and 6

you could really tell it was a handheld game polished for consoles.

Salsa

I finished Revelations yesterday

I liked it, but I'd be bummed if this new game is just a side thing and not RE7

Apart from Chris, Barry, Jill and Rebecca did all the other STARS members die? some were MIA right?

Could be a return of some of alpha or bravo team.

Don't think there were any female STARS other than Jill and Rebecca, though.

So I guess the returning female would either be Claire or Rebecca, and the background character female....Hunnigan's the only one I can think of at the moment.

Votron

God no, Revelations was terrible.

They should just do RE7, keeping the gameplay from RE6, but with good level design this time. That would be perfect.

lol... seems like most of you saying revelations were terrible are probably people who are fps infested nowadays or aren't familiar with the first wave of the franchise..

AppleMIX

lol... seems like most of you saying revelations were terrible are probably people who are fps infested nowadays or aren't familiar with the first wave of the franchise..

No, RER is just not a very good game. (Been playing since the first Resident Evil)

Hated the gameplay for Revelations despite it being based on RE5's system. It just felt boring to play after a while and didn't translate well onto consoles. Plus... the lack of melee moves and limitations of the communication system to "thanks, wait, come here and move in" in revelations, geez...

Despite this I hope it's true. Been wanting new RE game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom