• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jujutsu Kaisen confirmed for season 3

Draugoth

Gold Member

Jujutsu Kaisen just concluded its devastating second season, but fans of the series won’t have to wait too long for a follow-up, as MAPPA announced on Thursday that a third season of the popular supernatural action anime is already in production at the studio.

The announcement was made via a video shared on the series’ official website, which announced that the forthcoming third season would be adapting the “Culling Game” arc of Gege Akutami’s original manga.

Set after the events of the Shibuya Incident arc, the story follows Yuji Itadori, Megumi Fushiguro, Yuta Okkotsu, and more as they once again face off against the rogue Jujutsu sorcerer Kenjaku. No other information has been shared at this time, though a subsequent update regarding the season’s director and premiere date is expected sometime later in 2024.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Shibuya was the peak of the series, Culling Games has a lot of awkward poorly executed events unfold and it's just another tournament type scenario. The anime has the potential to explain things better than the manga does. MAPPA burned a lot of bridges with animators and they're chasing attention spans right now, JJK manga is gonna end in 2024 so gotta race to the finish for maximum profits.

Reactions: Fbh

Mistake

I feel like season 2 really fell off in terms of story. The last few episodes especially, as I started asking who all the characters were they kept dropping in.

I feel like season 2 really fell off in terms of story. The last few episodes especially, as I started asking who all the characters were they kept dropping in.
I liked it, but I agree with you about the characters. They went more avant garde with the delivery and missed a lot of background fleshing out of characters to keep the action up. I guess we needed to get into the lore more or something.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So no word yet on whether the same director is sticking around for s3? Hope so!

LordCBH

What? Season 2 had a breakneck pace. Much, much better paced than season 1 imo.

Amazing season, but yeah, Culling Games wont be as great, I believe

I don’t even know why it just didn’t grab me like the first season did

cj_iwakura

What's funny is, from what I recall of the manga, the anime is actually even darker and less optimistic, because I recall that the manga end of the Shibuya incident
shows that they at least recovered the Prison Realm, the anime makes it look like Geto still has it.

But yeah, I enjoyed the anime, but there's way too many fights that just go unresolved, or worse, not even SHOWN, and stuff that wasn't even explained, like how a character lost an arm, etc etc.

Last edited:
I found season 2 difficult to get through once it got to the present. I feel like the only reason I didn't drop it was because of the series popularity, because I don't usually watch shounen

Top Bottom