• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Season 3 - Brothers, Bridge, and Backstabbing in 2010 Minnesota - Wed on FX

-griffy-

Banned
Seriously can we just get a spinoff with Nikki and Wrench? I don't even care if it's "canon," just a show with those two characters.

How did Swango get so good at sign language so fast? Also, does anyone remember what she'd been in jail for? Anything that would indicate combat skills?

I think that's the first use of the movie Fargo theme as opposed to that slightly different one they've used every season until now. Also, Emmitt left his phone on the road, didn't he?

-griffy-

Banned
You know, usually a Fargo story ends with a competent cop having been victorious, sharing a tender moment at home with their family. Wonder if that's gonna happen this time too, or if Gloria is just gonna be disillusioned by this whole mess and quit for good.

IronRinn

You know, usually a Fargo story ends with a competent cop having been victorious, sharing a tender moment at home with their family. Wonder if that's gonna happen this time too, or if Gloria is just gonna be disillusioned by this whole mess and quit for good.
I feel like this season the justice served will bring no one contentment. Season has been darker than the first two.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Mr. Wrench will be the last one standing at this rate :p

edit: whoa, homeland security for Gloria?

jon_i634

Banned
I'm fairly confident that Varga got away with it. This season has been very open in confronting the post-truth discussion. From the opening credits fading away "true" to the very opening scene in the Cold War, this season has played around with the idea of post-truth and the nature of facts. His manipulation of people's emotions let him get away with his garbage for 5 years after Emmitt. Emmitt finally got fed up with him, so he moved on to another gullible victim. All this, plus it's been a bleaker season of Fargo in general, lead me to believe he got away with everything.

But then again, who knows!

Bandit1

Really not sure what to think. Not a very satisfying ending for me.. Was hoping Nikki and Wrench would take out Varga, instead Nikki gets killed and Varga possibly gets off scot-free? At least Wrench is still out there, maybe he'll show up if we get a season 4.

It was meant to be ambiguous. Interesting ending. Reminds me of the ending to The Leftovers

Not really a fan of ambiguous endings; I'm more of a closed chapter person.
However, it's a change of pace in comparison to the last two seasons.

Does Varga at least suffer for his role in the season?

Sadsic

i found that really interesting of an ending - seasons works as a whole pretty well - just wish i had clear protagonists to root for the whole way through

HoJu

Loved how Gloria saw through his bullshit Russian phrase. They really didnt do enough with Carrie Coon this season

Top Bottom