• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ewan McGregor to Star in Fargo S3 [Up: S3 premieres Wednesday, April 19th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

April is way too overloaded with new tv: Better Call Saul, The Leftovers, Doctor Who, Master of None, American Gods, MST3K, and now this? I'll be watching something new every night!

April is way too overloaded with new tv: Better Call Saul, The Leftovers, Doctor Who, Master of None, American Gods, MST3K, and now this? I'll be watching something new every night!

I need to watch The Leftovers and Fargo s2 but that is a great line up.

I'm really struggling to keep up with all these shows. So much great quality stuff coming out.

Here's the official synopsis from FX:
Set in 2010, the third installment of Fargo centers on “Emmit” and his slightly younger brother “Ray Stussy” (Ewan McGregor). Emmit, the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, sees himself as an American success story, whereas Ray is more of a cautionary tale. Forever living in his more successful brother’s shadow, Ray is a balding and pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt – and he blames his brother. Their sibling rivalry follows a twisted path that begins with petty theft but soon leads to murder, mobsters and cut-throat competitive bridge. Carrie Coon stars as “Gloria Burgle,” the steady chief of the local police department. A newly divorced mother, Gloria is trying to understand the new world around her, where people connect more intimately with their phones than with the people around them. Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars as Ray’s girlfriend, “Nikki Swango,” a crafty and alluring recent parolee with a passion for competitive bridge. David Thewlis stars as “V.M. Vargas,” a mysterious loner and true capitalist whose bosses plan to partner with Emmit, whether “The Parking Lot King” likes it or not.

4xhNyar.png

Also Veep, Silicon Valley, and The Handmaid's Tale.

I still haven't watched season 2, but I plan to at some point as I loved the first one. Allison Tolman was great. Love Ewan as well, so very excited to see season 3.

Interesting that they haven't released a teaser, trailer, key art, or any promo images yet. The official twitter account sent this news out with a picture of the cast from a panel interview a few weeks ago.

Syder

I loved Season 2 even if it didn't have any really likeable/enigmatic characters.
Ewan McGregor is a fantastic actor and I can't wait to see what S3 brings.

Possibly a silly question, but can I start with season 2?

I have season 2 DVR'd and unfortunately not 1.

Yeah, S2 can be viewed as a standalone anthology episode. You won't necessarily connect with a couple of the characters from the first season but since S2 is a prequel you don't need the first season to enjoy the story.

Kilvin

Yeah, S2 can be viewed as a standalone anthology episode. You won't necessarily connect with a couple of the characters from the first season but since S2 is a prequel you don't need the first season to enjoy the story.

Ah great, thanks. I knew there must have been a reason I DVR'd the second season, normally I wouldn't do that if I missed out on the first season.

pr0cs

Too bad, was hoping to see McGregor around town.
I see Maisie Williams is here this week filming game of thrones season 7 stuff

Dysun

Much quicker turn around than I thought when they had initially talked about it going off for the air for awhile

dickroach

whaaaaaat I had no idea it was coming so soon. I'm trying to stay away from everything; any trailers, spoilers, etc. best show on tv. so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom