• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ewan McGregor to Star in Fargo S3 [Up: S3 premieres Wednesday, April 19th]

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Ewan McGregor to Star in 'Fargo' Season 3
Fargo season three has found its leading man.

Ewan McGregor will topline the Noah Hawley anthology and play two brothers, Emmit and Ray Stussy, at the center of the series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, Emmit sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, Ray Stussy, on the other hand is more of a cautionary tale. Balding, pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes.

Production on the third installment of Fargo is tentatively scheduled to begin later this year and air on FX in 2017.

Update:

Fargo Taps The Leftovers' Carrie Coon as Female Lead in Season 3
Fargo continues to flaunt its impressive casting mojo, tapping The Leftovers‘ Carrie Coon to join the Season 3 ensemble opposite the previously cast Ewan McGregor, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Coon, who is currently in Australia shooting the third and final season of The Leftovers, will play the series-regular role of Gloria Burgle, a practical woman who grabs the fire extinguisher when the bacon catches fire and everyone else panics. Gloria is the chief of the Eden Valley police, and a newly divorced mother, who is struggling to understand this new world around her where people connect more intimately with their phones than the people right in front of them.

Update 2:

- THR: 'Fargo' Adds Jim Gaffigan to Season 3 Cast
Gaffigan will take on the role of Donny Mashman, a police deputy who works alongside Gloria Burgle (The Leftovers' Carrie Coon). He joins a cast that also includes Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

Production on the third installment of Fargo is set to begin later this year for a 2017 debut on FX.
- David Thewlis joins the FX drama as a series regular
The third season of FX’s Fargo has landed an acclaimed actor from the Harry Potter franchise.

David Thewlis (who played Remus Lupin in the fantasy films, and also appears in the upcoming Wonder Woman) has joined the ensemble as a series regular, EW has learned exclusively.

The British actor will play V.M. Vargas,
“a mysterious loner and true capitalist who delivers Emmit (Ewan McGregor), the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, the bad news that he has just become partners with his employers, whose business interests lay outside the law.”

The actor joins star McGregor, Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane) and Carrie Coon (The Leftovers) in the next edition of the desolate and quirky thriller.
- ‘Fargo’: Michael Stuhlbarg, Shea Whigham & More Round Out Season 3 Cast
Boardwalk Empire alum Michael Stuhlbarg joins in a recurring role as Sy Feltz, Emmit’s (Ewan McGregor) right-hand man and consigliere. Additional Season 3 cast members include previously announced Scoot McNairy (Halt & Catch Fire, 12 Years a Slave) as Maurice LeFay, a stoner with a criminal past, along with Shea Whigham as Meeker County Chief of Police Moe Dammick, and Karan Soni (Blunt Talk, Deadpool) as scientist Dr. Homer Gilruth. Fred Melamed (Casual, Lady Dynamite) plays Howard Zimmerman, a mover and a shaker, with a knack for spinning a yarn and making a profit, and Thomas Mann (Me, Earl and the Dying Girl) is Thaddeus Mobley, an award-winning science fiction author.

ezekial45

Banned
I love it! I hope they can keep the momentum going. S2 blew me away and it ended up becoming my favorite season of the show so far.

Catvoca

Banned
Man I love Ewan McGregor, this might make me finally start watching this show. The guy is so likable. Anyone that hasn't watched his documentary series The Long Way Round is missing out big time.

kris.

Banned
obama-beer-thumbs-up.jpg

i dig it. best show on tv at this point.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Man I love Ewan McGregor, this might make me finally star watching this show. The guy is so likable. Anyone that hasn't watched his documentary series The Long Way Round is missing out big time.
You should watch the show anyhow. First two seasons are great.

Salsa

if this season keeps the quality up (or even moving upwards, since it has since S1) there might be enough outpout of it to consider it my favorite TV show, ever.

forreal

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh God yes. You go Fargo, you go.

Thank you Netflix, once again bringing the goods to my TV.

Damn what a great choice it'll be interesting to see how this lines up with what happened in the previous seasons. I heard this season picks up from season 1.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Season 2 was so awful. A couple of really terrible twists near the end were so bad it retroactively ruined (the surprisingly good) Season 1 for me.

I'll be skipping Season 3 and stick with the ACTUAL best shows currently airing: Game of Thrones and Orphan Black.

RS4-

I'm only on ep 1 of season 2. Not sure what put me off, I think it was the accent lol.

I'll finish it up before s3 starts.

Salsa

Season 2 was so awful. A couple of really terrible twists near the end were so bad it retroactively ruined (the surprisingly good) Season 1 for me.

I'll be skipping Season 3 and stick with the ACTUAL best shows currently airing: Game of Thrones and Orphan Black.

I know a lot of people say this but you really are on the fast track for "worst person ever"

Salsa

It has the biggest deus ex machina in recent tv history but beside that its great.

what's the deus ex machina?

I mean do people not get that it was a retelling of something that happened from one guy's perspective, warts and all? I came out of it assuming that the whole point was that it might not have been an accurate recolection, and that some of the things portrayed (not to spoil) just didnt happen at all

you could call that a deus ex machina I guess but on a series plagued with that fargo fantasy-like surreal charm I aint much worried about real stakes and realism

Strax

I mean do people not get that it was a retelling of something that happened from one guy's perspective, warts and all? I came out of it assuming that the whole point was that it might not have been an accurate recolection, and that some of the things portrayed (not to spoil) just didnt happen at all

you could call that a deus ex machina I guess but on a series plagued with that fargo fantasy-like surreal charm I aint much worried about real stakes and realism

I know its a case of unreliable narrator but it went too far imo.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

I still don't get why people call THAT a deus ex machina. It's not like all the episodes have been building up to
Bear killing Lou.
It's not like they wrote themselves into a corner and eliminated all possible ways that he could have gotten out of that situation and needed a deus ex machina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom