• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

Via Reddit,compiled
WWE is planning to put more old episodes of Nitro/Raw on the Network later this year.

New Nitros?!

cV1bKqj.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to have you still aboard, Y2Kev.

What do you think about Samoa Joe's NXT theme?

Spin please respond

Is Inafune up for Carny of the Year Award?

Also, regarding Joe, I did hear his new theme. Still bad, but not hilariously bad. So it's a step down in my eyes :(

One time I sat behind Tony S. During the dying days of WCW, it was a Nitro. And I was talking to him throughout the broadcast, he was such a cool guy. I rememebr Vampiro got his head smashed into the announcers table, and Tony jumped back to the guard rail, turned around and looked at me like he had the fear of god in his eyes. I respected him even more, it was a dog shit show, in 2000, with a half empty arena; but he still tried to convey that he was scared.

What a pro

Kaladin

One time I sat behind Tony S. During the dying days of WCW, it was a Nitro. And I was talking to him throughout the broadcast, he was such a cool guy. I rememebr Vampiro got his head smashed into the announcers table, and Tony jumped back to the guard rail, turned around and looked at me like he had the fear of god in his eyes. I respected him even more, it was a dog shit show, in 2000, with a half empty arena; but he still tried to convey that he was scared.

What a pro

It was WCW 2000...he might have been legit shook because he didn't know it would happen.

I think it's safe to say that out of anyone in the wrestling business ever, Don West is by far the most underutilized and underrated ever. I have never seen love for this man outside this community. He was just a happy, jolly man.

dream

Great line from the Hulk obituary in this week's Observer:

"But to a lot of people, and wrestling fans probably fit in this more than most, the fantasy world is far more real to them than the real world."

Spin please respond

Is Inafune up for Carny of the Year Award?

Also, regarding Joe, I did hear his new theme. Still bad, but not hilariously bad. So it's a step down in my eyes :(

He's definitely pulling all the retired con man stops. If that ain't carny, I don't know what is!

With that new theme, WWE may as well just pay Pharaoh Monche to use Simon Says and get over with it...

Zach

I think Tony Schiavone is the most under appreciated and under rated announcer EVER.

It bothers me immensely that he was brushed under the rug of the industry, will never see the HOF, and will probably never call a match again. I know he has been doing well, and was probably ready to move on considering how many years, decades he spent in the business. It still sucks that guys like him with the wealth of knowledge kind of disappeared after 2001.

Schiavone was great.

Agreed. Stro has even said, during his huge marathons of the worst WCW had to offer, Schiavone really helped him get through those episodes and his upbeat style and willingness to take shit from his cohosts was one of the only bright spots.

Schiavone is underappreciated much like Cole is. When the product is terrible, you think of the worst the commentary does. When it's great, you don't think of it. Schiavone is a great guy.

Plus...his TNA shoot...

Cole, not so much. But maybe he would be better without McMahon and co. in his ear.

jmdajr

According to The Wrestling Observer, despite making a recent Comic Con appearance, former WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee is not very interested in taking any bookings right now.

There have been, however, numerous people looking to book Lee, and those people were reportedly told Lee is asking for a daily $15,000 appearance fee, plus business class travel and hotel costs.

God damn. 15,000 bones?

Zach

A lot of people don't like the combo of Vince/Jesse but I sure do. Vince's over the top announcing style is just perfect for a naysayer like Jesse. I love Monsoon/Heenan as well but Vince/Ventura will always hold a special place in my heart.

All great teams.

Schiavone was great.

Cole, not so much. But maybe he would be better without McMahon and co. in his ear.

I feel as though Cole is going to be a case of realize just how good he was when he's off the desk for good. He has really good moments, but yeah, Vince in his ear doesn't really help. Cole was good fun on the JBL and Cole show back when.

Kaladin

God damn. 15,000 bones?

She probably doesn't want to do tons of them and only wants to go into the hassle of a convention appearance if they're serious about having her there. $15k sounds ridiculous, but it will get a lot of them to go to the next name on their list which is I'm sure what she wants as she and Punk don't seem to be starving for money as others in her position have been.

Zach

I really liked Schiavone in the WCW years.Dude could call a match.It's a shame that he didn't get an opportunity in WWE.

It was so weird with Schiavone doing commentary during SummerSlam '89 and Royal Rumble '90...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She probably doesn't want to do tons of them and only wants to go into the hassle of a convention appearance if they're serious about having her there. $15k sounds ridiculous, but it will get a lot of them to go to the next name on their list which is I'm sure what she wants as she and Punk don't seem to be starving for money as others in her position have been.

The only person starvin is Punk, and that's by design.

Vince will NEVER say "LOOK AT THAT MASS" for Punk. Current UFC photo:
mAFkPQv.jpg

jmdajr

Gotta buy a new crib for the baby.

If she can dupe them why not I say.

Zach

I feel as though Cole is going to be a case of realize just how good he was when he's off the desk for good. He has really good moments, but yeah, Vince in his ear doesn't really help. Cole was good fun on the JBL and Cole show back when.

But what about JBL? I can't imagine that guy being enjoyable.

Fox318

I remember hearing this question and not knowing how to answer

Who is the best female promo?

What is the best female promo ever?

I can't stand Cole. He is horrible, JBL is even worse. He can't decide if hes a heel or a face, Announce team with Vince's direction is so bad. So so bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of AJ, she wasn't bad as a promo. I also enjoyed Beth Phoenix during the Glamarella run. She was a good foil to Santino's buffoonery.

somedevil

More on Sting:

We noted earlier this week via PWInsider that despite expectations, WWE does not currently have plans to use Sting at the August 23rd SummerSlam pay-per-view. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter confirms these reports.

The original idea was to introduce Sting as a surprise about a week or two out from the show, likely as the mystery third partner in Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family. Sting was told a while back that he would be on the show in a six-man tag match and he was even mentioned in a SummerSlam TV commercial that WWE had cut more than a week ago.

Sting, 56, had reportedly gotten himself into "ridiculously good shape" for his age. At one point recently, Sting was informed that plans had changed and they would not be using him on the show.

No word yet on what this means for the six-man match with Reigns, Ambrose and The Wyatts but all elements of the original angle are still in place. WWE had the idea that Sting and Ambrose teaming with Reigns would maybe get a good reaction for Reigns in New York City, which is going to be a tough crowd for him.

Things can change because it all depends on Vince's mood.

Since Sting is doing a signing why don't they use him for something. Plus its hilarious this idea was to make Reigns look good because it worked so well when they tried it with the Rock.

Kaladin

More on Sting:

Things can change because it all depends on Vince's mood.

Since Sting is doing a signing why don't they use him for something. Plus its hilarious this idea was to make Reigns look good because it worked so well when they tried it with the Rock.

Isn't the Wyatt Family still a 2 man crew?

Why not a regular tag match?

somedevil

Sting got bumped off Sumerslam because of Erik Rowan...who is lucky to have a job right now.

Isn't the Wyatt Family still a 2 man crew?

Why not a regular tag match?

They were going to introduce a new wyatt member because of the Rowan injury. The rumor of who it was
Adam Rose under the Leo Kruger gimmick.

Right now it just looks like a tag match if no Sting.

Why not have Sting and Reigns?

Wouldn't that give Reigns more of a rub?

WWE knows that bumping Ambrose aside for a transparent "give the favored guy a rub" match in NYC would get Reigns the opposite reaction they want. Plus, they do like Ambrose, whatever their thoughts on him as a top guy, and there's no downside to having him standing next to a legend, too.

Fox318

WWE knows that bumping Ambrose aside for a transparent "give the favored guy a rub" match in NYC would get Reigns the opposite reaction they want. Plus, they do like Ambrose, whatever their thoughts on him as a top guy, and there's no downside to having him standing next to a legend, too.

If they really liked Ambrose they would be putting him over at Summerslam instead of Cena.

They seem bitter that they can't get Reigns over as much as they want to.

Top Bottom