• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
DMC4-SE sold well!

Yg1tI7I.gif

:^ ] I won my copy for free during one of those Alienware twitch streams.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still shook over how much bad there was in DMC4. Those first few hours are just godawful.

If they really liked Ambrose they would be putting him over at Summerslam instead of Cena.

They seem bitter that they can't get Reigns over as much as they want to.

I think they see Ambrose as the new Ziggler - a fan favorite who can be booked as somebody who usually wins or comes out on top on TV but can be used to get up and comers over by having him get beaten on PPV. If you see that as them "not liking Ambrose", rather than "not seeing him as top of the card material", that's your prerogative, but to me, it comes across as silly. They print a ton of merch for him, give him time for promos every few weeks, had him in the Final Four at the Royal Rumble, etc.

Edit: Their booking of Reigns has been WAY better since WM, btw. At no point since then have I felt that "shoved down my throat" feeling I had pre-WM, and he's had several very good matches and developed a heck of a lot more confidence and presence.

Sephzilla

I'm still shook over how much bad there was in DMC4. Those first few hours are just godawful.

I hope they borrow more from DMC3 in terms of level and environment design as well as story if/when DMC5 happens. DMC4's gameplay was fucking tight, but everything else was a bit halfassed because Capcom pushed that game out prematurely. Still happy the special edition sold well though, it likely means that pointless reboot is buried so deep it saw Wade Barrett and Zack Ryder on the way down.

I liked the reboot more than the actual series. The series was fresh when it first came out, and it established a TON of cliches that we still see to this day and the series from the first game on just bathes in cliches. I dunno, I just never cared for it.

The only time I was interested in DMC was when Atlus and Capcpom made a crossover and Dante was in Nocturne and the character designer did the Devil Trigger designs.

Gonzalez

Banned
More on Sting:

Things can change because it all depends on Vince's mood.

Since Sting is doing a signing why don't they use him for something. Plus its hilarious this idea was to make Reigns look good because it worked so well when they tried it with the Rock.
I have a feeling the six-man is a go, and Big Show will be teaming with the Wyatt's. Sting will return on the RAW before SummerSlam.

Zach

Sting should wrassle at SummerSlam. It's a fun novelty for me. It would be great if he'd cut the hair, though.

The only Devil May Cry game I've completed is the reboot. It was fun!

Rocket League is super fun. My son and I play the crap out of it.

Heel

What system? I grabbed it for PS4

Yeah, PS4. PM me your ID and we'll play sometime.

Learning to control your car and execute on strikes/passing is such a rewarding progression. Feel like I had a real breakthrough playing yesterday. That's not even getting into the aerial craziness. What a kideo.

kirblar

I think they see Ambrose as the new Ziggler - a fan favorite who can be booked as somebody who usually wins or comes out on top on TV but can be used to get up and comers over by having him get beaten on PPV. If you see that as them "not liking Ambrose", rather than "not seeing him as top of the card material", that's your prerogative, but to me, it comes across as silly. They print a ton of merch for him, give him time for promos every few weeks, had him in the Final Four at the Royal Rumble, etc.

Edit: Their booking of Reigns has been WAY better since WM, btw. At no point since then have I felt that "shoved down my throat" feeling I had pre-WM, and he's had several very good matches and developed a heck of a lot more confidence and presence.
The issue with Ambrose is that they put him into a position where he really needed to win- but their plans not involving him whatsoever, and so they pulled the Y2J bait/switch with him at the extra PPV.

I don't have an issue with those angles- but I have an issue with those angles being done with guys who've never won a title before. It blueballs the audience in a way that's not good and teaches them that the company is not really behind that person.

miserable

Has there been a woman wrestler (or a diva if you will), who was shit at the beginning but then improved beyond just "acceptable"? And don't say Nikki, one elbow move does not make her good.

EDIT: i'm talking about in WWE, not other places

More on Sting:

Things can change because it all depends on Vince's mood.

Since Sting is doing a signing why don't they use him for something. Plus its hilarious this idea was to make Reigns look good because it worked so well when they tried it with the Rock.

Well since they destroyed Sting's character, why do they need him. Like Vince said "We plucked him from obscurity" They don't have any respect for him, and only brought him in to pay him to take a dive and destroy any credibility he had.

Well since they destroyed Sting's character, why do they need him. Like Vince said "We plucked him from obscurity" They don't have any respect for him, and only brought him in to pay him to take a dive and destroy any credibility he had.

He had no right move to make, staying in TNA weren't any better.

Also welcome back 8)

Yeasssssssssasaa

The WWE network, besides doing overseas live specials like they did from Tokyo, is looking into doing a live show on the beach, similar to the first WCW Bash at the Beach on Huntington Beach about 20 years ago.

Browny

Banned
If Surfer Sting came out, the only thing better would be the newest member of the Wyatt family to be...

Big Van Wyatt (complete with smoke-blowing mask).

And yes - more people for the Lethal Lottery! I would volunteer for the duties, but unless it's this Sunday I'm going to be swamped - so more than happy for someone (FlammableD?) to take it and run with it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been a woman wrestler (or a diva if you will), who was shit at the beginning but then improved beyond just "acceptable"? And don't say Nikki, one elbow move does not make her good.

EDIT: i'm talking about in WWE, not other places

Kaitlyn. She started as dogshit - had only had like 2 months of training, never had a match. Her first real match was televised. Crazy shit how far she went.

Yeasssssssssasaa

Oh god yes!

Striker

Definitely is for the WWF/E. Though aside from her, Trish is another one that comes to mind.

Buh breh, WWF vs. WCW. Years in the making. One of the iconic WCW stars and a huge name in the mid-late 90's facing a guy who was nothing more than a midcarder in that time.

kiguel182

The way they are treating Sting kinda proves his fears about joining the WWE for all these years.

It was still a good decision given how TNA is right now and he is probably making good money but all of this "maybe you'll wrestle maybe you won't" when it comes to a guy like this is kinda disrespectful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It was weird how dominant Naito was over AJ in their last match. I always consider the two rivals, and AJ had some stuff, but Naito beat the fuck out of him for most of the match and looked like he had every one of his moves scouted.
Speaking of WWF vs. WCW...frick man, this is beautiful right here.

#BigEntranceFeel

I also love that he flubbed his very first line on the pipe bomb.

He has one of the biggest pops when he shows up at the PPV. He was the most over guy from WCW. Everybody wanted to see him.

But Triple H hadn't beaten him before, so he wanted to make sure he got that W.

kiguel182

Shame Swerved got cancelled. I get why talent would be bother by it but it was entertaining.

That NXT reality show sounds good depending on their execution but I like behind the scenes footage and shit so it should be good.

The way they are treating Sting kinda proves his fears about joining the WWE for all these years.

It was still a good decision given how TNA is right now and he is probably making good money but all of this "maybe you'll wrestle maybe you won't" when it comes to a guy like this is kinda disrespectful.

Let's be honest, if sting had gone to the wwf immediately after wcw folded he would've been treated way worse.

Top Bottom