• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jumbo Breakfast Platter from Jack in the Box Promo Priced at $2.99 for a Limited Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Please do not forget to clap afterwards.

Jack in the Box is currently promoting its Jumbo Breakfast Platter for the special discounted price of $2.99. The Jumbo Breakfast Platter includes scrambled eggs, hash browns, eight mini pancakes, and your choice of country grilled sausage or three slices of bacon. Making its debut in 2011, the Jumbo Breakfast Platter originally started out at the $2.99 price, but currently carries a suggested price of over four dollars in most areas. Available for a limited time only at participating Jack in the Box locations.

PastedGraphic-1-35.jpg

Review:

Overall, Jack's Jumbo Breakfast Platter was pretty vanilla. McDonald's Deluxe Breakfast costs a little more but you get a bit more as well. Still, this can be had at all ours of the day, but even then I'd rather get Jack's Hearty Breakfast Bowl which offers much of the same ingredients but with more flavor.

http://www.brandeating.com/2011/08/review-jack-in-box-jumbo-breakfast.html

Ah, I see the article is from 2011 now, I was confused by the mention of breakfast bowls since Jack in the Box hasn't had them for a few years now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I made a mistake and got a Sausage Egg biscuit yesterday on my way to the grocery. The 'biscuit' was as hard as a rock. Should've stuck with the burrito.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
22000 Calories, 900g of sodium, and over 9000g saturated fat... here's your breakfast.

Arment

When the fuck is Florida going to get JITB?

I want a sourdough jack pronto.

Edit: There's a JITB in Tampa. Hold me.

Edit 2: Nope, there isn't. Why internet, why?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Comparing the advert
PastedGraphic-1-35.jpg

vs what it actually looks like.
jack_box_jumbo_breakfast_platter_01.JPG

No thanks.

Persona7

Banned
Nobody fucking eats breakfast at Jack in the Box.

Nobody.

Place is fucking packed when I drive by there early in the morning. I got some food from there at 7am once and the drive through was like 9 cars deep and people in front of me were getting orange juice boxes with their orders.

Eusis

PopeReal

Until they bring back their bacon milkshake they are dead to me.

Not including the random times I eat there while on the road.

Dead.

PureYeti

This isn't new. I've seen signs outside my jack in the box advertising this price for weeks.

Agree its been out for weeks for me. I got it on the first day when it was at this price. I think about getting it again after seeing this thread.

Boogie9IGN

Comparing the advert
http://i2.wp.com/www.grubgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/PastedGraphic-1-35.jpg?resize=500%2C274[IMG]

vs what it actually looks like.
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FWRrZWZgVpI/TkpSWYaGHhI/AAAAAAAAEKE/4GH-QznfY94/s1600/jack_box_jumbo_breakfast_platter_01.JPG[IMG]

No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something here? For a $3 plate of food it looks pretty damn good, certainly better than some sorry smashed burger you usually see in a comparison like this.

Jack in the Box (breakfast or otherwise) is delicious. These platters are great for drinking nights when you're craving pancakes but don't want to hit up a Denny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom