• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s Australia testing upscale "Gourmet Breakfast" in Queensland

Status
Not open for further replies.
bTT4gQS.gif

What do they call a cheeseburger in Brisbane

If they made the breakfast items all day in the UK, i'd go back.

These items look decent in pictures, I shudder to think of what they look like in real life.

seanoff

The McCafe stuff is pretty decent for what it is.

We'll see. Why QLD tho? Start in Sydney and Melb then spread it from there.

Konka

Banned
Ugh, why improve the food? Literally nobody is asking them to do that. Just make it faster and with greater detail.

It's so true. Every one of these threads everyone says the food sucks make it better. And now when they use better quality it's the wrong direction.

They can't win with you guys.

I'n not really seeing the point of this. I imagine Maccas is trying to compete with Coffee Club, Jamaica Blue, etc. But no one's really going to take an hour out of their morning for a sit down Maccas breakfast. McCafe is the stretchiest anyone will go for. They're better off with expanding all-day breakfast, maybe doing some slightly higher scale McMuffin or hotcake variations.

Also, they need to copy those Hungry Jacks boxes.

I know we're talk AUS, but you want to save McDonalds? Drop the price on individual sandwiches (bring $1 menu back) raise prices on fries, drinks, and deserts. It worked before and it will work again.

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
If they wanted to promote gourmet items, they should simply spin-off a gourmet brand.

McDonalds and Gourmet do not belong together.

This

McDonald's already has an image embedded in our social consciousness. Trying to alter that now is almost impossible. The should just really focus on having a simple and cheap menu, instead of trying to go for this pseudo eclectic, "gourmet" bullshit. As you said, they should save that stuff for a dedicated, spin off joint. Right now, the menu is way too big and over crowded

Konka

Banned
This

McDonald's already has an image embedded in our social consciousness. Trying to alter that now is almost impossible. The should just really focus on having a simple and cheap menu, instead of trying to go for this pseudo eclectic, "gourmet" bullshit. As you said, they should save that stuff for a dedicated, spin off joint. Right now, the menu is way too big and over crowded

Gourmet doesn't mean anything anymore, just like "premium" and "artisan" don't mean anything anymore. Dominos sold artisan pizzas for gods sake.

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
Gourmet doesn't mean anything anymore, just like "premium" and "artisan" don't mean anything anymore. Dominos sold artisan pizzas for gods sake.

Yep. Just buzzwords made up by marketing assholes.

Hell, "fresh" has lost all of it's meaning too. People don't know what the means anymore. A lot of folks associate that with stuff that is simply made to order, but that doesn't necessarily mean its actually made with fresh ingredients. It annoys the fuck outta me.Yeah, okay honey, you're eating your "fresh" sandwich or "fresh" salad made from shit that came from a bag, was frozen or has been laying out and about for hours. Stop it. Sit down.

McDonald's has tried implementing a few "upscale" foods and all of them are revolting. I love McDonalds but the steak sandwich was probably the most pathetic excuse I've ever seen and makes it even worse when you can buy those at 50 different places that do it better.

They call it gourmet but it's just slop that's worse than the regular menu.

That steakhouse burger with swiss, mushrooms and that peppercorn sauce was the best thing to come out of that place in years.

And then they got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom