• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Top to bottom is a bit of an exaggeration. WWF only had so many people in those two years, and while WCW had pretty much everyone else they could only seemingly book well for their low and mid card guys after Hogan showed up (and most of the second half of 1996-early 1997 with the NWO) while the rest of the time they fucked up the main event. So if you jammed the first half of any given WCW show with the WWF main event you'd have the perfect show.

Which is why I mention nostalgia being a big factor in my opinion in the comparison. I still think inspire of the flaws of each they were more well rounded and compelling than 13-14. It's honestly astonishing to think about how much Hogan & Bischoff buried that company but then again we're kind of living through it again now.

Syder

If Corbin had kept that hair, and was ripped, he'd be WWE champ right now.
QgB6bYb.gif

Hair is overrated. Corbin just looks terrible with long hair and a receding hairline. He should either let it go or invest in a transplant or something.

You're right about him needing to hit the Jinder Juice though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
yup

both shows had a lot of crap going on.

the key difference is wwf wasn't actively working against it's rising stars back then like they are these days. wcw wasn't as a company, but the top guys were working against the lighter guys being pushed.

wwf tag division back then was some of the worst in wwf history.

Even the WWF tag division was top heavy, only this time with only one act Bulldog and Owen Hart, who finally die down just as the next act that will carry them for two more years, the NAO get over!

shaowebb

Corbin is fine

Corbin is just ANOTHER failed football player they nabbed. Colts and Cardinals. He also failed at boxing. He's not much of a wrestler either. Hell when your big dream dudes are Bossman and Slaughter your not gonna be moving a lot out there.

He's a future failed big dude and has all the ear markings as such.

Anth0ny

Corbin needs to inject JUICE from the basement of titan towers so my simulated athletics viewing experience can be slightly more believable.

Syder

Maybe the reason why Corbin has kept the silly hairline is because part of his gimmick is about the 'End of Days'/Post-Apocalyptia and he wants it too look like he has radiation poisoning...

Huh?

Right?

...Guys?

Corbin is just ANOTHER failed football player they nabbed. Colts and Cardinals. He also failed at boxing. He's not much of a wrestler either. Hell when your big dream dudes are Bossman and Slaughter your not gonna be moving a lot out there.

He's a future failed big dude and has all the ear markings as such.

Corbin is fine

Adree

My father started mentioning that he watched some mexican wrestling and was amazed by it. Do I have to roll him up to get my heat back?

Rimfya

Banned
I can't believe they made Roderick Strong reasonably interesting. Though they could lean harder into his "regular dad" gimmick with a puffy vest and takeaway coffee.

Also Black's intro is great but needs a better start and should be played 200% louder than anyone else's.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So who's watching the twitch Wrestlecircus thing in half an hour?

I've never watched Wrestlecircus before but I'll give it a bash, can't argue with free.

Foggy

So who's watching the twitch Wrestlecircus thing in half an hour?

I've never watched Wrestlecircus before but I'll give it a bash, can't argue with free.

Unfortunately I won't be able to see most of it. Hopefully they've ironed out some of their production issues like camera placement and noise levels.

Top Bottom