• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Can you guys help me enjoy wwe 2k17 on ps4?

I am not interested in creating a superstar so my career mode is out of the picture for me.

I'm playing wwe universe mode and am incredibly bored. It just doesn't feel like I'm progressing, I've probably wrestled like 50 matches just picking my favorite wrestlers out of the matches but haven't even hit a ppv.

How can I make the game enjoyable? Sense of progression?

I'm kinda pissed they took showcase mode out of this version.

Heroman

Banned

I am not interested in creating a superstar so my career mode is out of the picture for me.

I'm playing wwe universe mode and am incredibly bored. It just doesn't feel like I'm progressing, I've probably wrestled like 50 matches just picking my favorite wrestlers out of the matches but haven't even hit a ppv.

You're asking the impossible, WWE 2k217 is a bad game

it is a "booking sim" so there is no progression in completing objectives

Striker

There really is no progression. For all the improvements they've made to the NBA series, it's been poor for this series. They keep removing features THQ/Yukes had in before, they changed out the entirety of the online interface thus eliminating a lot of freedom and customization, and their big deal is MyCareer which is way too much of a grind and far too linear.

EA should have gotten the IP.

Cosmozone

There really is no progression. For all the improvements they've made to the NBA series, it's been poor for this series. They keep removing features THQ/Yukes had in before, they changed out the entirety of the online interface thus eliminating a lot of freedom and customization, and their big deal is MyCareer which is way too much of a grind and far too linear.

EA should have gotten the IP.
Not to mention the PS2 era graphics and horrible character models. I will never buy this shit product as long as it's in this rock bottom state.

Jashobeam

just watched first 2 episodes of GLOW, and its great.
The way they present how to sell a move and to embrace being a heel
, just brilliant.

somedevil

From Meltzer:

Meltzer said Io's neck injury is legit. WWE found it doing medicals in Pittsburgh. Still WWE bound but it will be a long while.

So WWE found it when she did her medicals and will now get the problems treated. WWE still signed her but you might see her wrestle this year.

Yeah, that Shirai news is terrible. It's not all that surprising, but I'm glad she's taking the time to recover and that they haven't rescinded the contract. Says a lot about how highly they value her that they are willing to sign her knowing she'll probably be out the rest of the year.

I can't remember the last person that signed with a pre-existing injury. Willie Mack and Shelton stand out as two recent examples of guys getting dropped in a hurry once WWE found injuries on them and those weren't half as serious as a neck problem.

somedevil

Yeah, that Shirai news is terrible. It's not all that surprising, but I'm glad she's taking the time to recover and that they haven't rescinded the contract. Says a lot about how highly they value her that they are willing to sign her knowing she'll probably be out the rest of the year.

I can't remember the last person that signed with a pre-existing injury. Willie Mack and Shelton stand out as two recent examples of guys getting dropped in a hurry once WWE found injuries on them and those weren't half as serious as a neck problem.

Didn't she impress Shawn and someone else during her tryout? Also wasn't Mack problem drug related?

Plus her tryout was in March so for 3 months she wrestled with a neck problem that probably got worse by doing that.

Didn't she impress Shawn and someone else during her tryout? Also wasn't Mack problem drug related?

Plus her tryout was in March so for 3 months she wrestled with a neck problem that probably got worse by doing that.

I thought the Mack thing was an injury they thought would be degenerative.

And yes, reports were that both Shawn and Taker were impressed by Shirai's "not tryout" tryout.

So apparently
Carlito
and
Brodus
were creepers to the Glow ladies while filming their shit.

Carny motherfuckers ;_;

Wow... Was
Johnny Mundo
professional though? I saw him in the first episode.

also:

44f443e00c73752127dbae57f0c7173f_crop_exact.jpg

ane's really let himself go.

Tagyhag

From Meltzer:

So WWE found it when she did her medicals and will now get the problems treated. WWE still signed her but you might see her wrestle this year.

Man that sucks, hope she recuperates well.

On the flip side as long as Kairi is healthy she has a chance to shine before Io comes.

Jamie OD

Yeah sounds like they hit the point of their crazy relationship where they constantly break up then reunite and assure everyone that nothing is wrong.

Matt Jackson says the Elite/BC merch is selling so well in limited release that Hot Topic is making it a nationwide product at all of their stores.

Pretty cool for them. Nice to see them succeeding on their own.

If Paige & Bertie really are done then she threw away her WWE career for nothing.

Her career isn't done yet. Meltzer has said they are bringing her back and possibly even pushing her due to the movie. And if that goes well (unlikely, but Paige has always been over), they would totally keep her around if she's separated from Del Rio.

Foggy

From Meltzer:

Well that explains that. Not sure why Io would word it in her post match with Mayu that she's going to take care of things and start back from the bottom. I can't imagine she's referring to WWE.

It's a shame Toni fucked her neck up. At least in NXT they won't let Toni do piledrivers out of principle.

Well that explains that. Not sure why Io would word it in her post match with Mayu that she's going to take care of things and start back from the bottom. I can't imagine she's referring to WWE.

It's a shame Toni fucked her neck up. At least in NXT they won't let Toni do piledrivers out of principle.

It's strange wording for sure, but she's definitely signed with WWE regardless. Meltzer made a point to say that.

Foggy

It's strange wording for sure, but she's definitely signed with WWE regardless. Meltzer made a point to say that.

Yeah I'd just chalk it up to phrasing or awkward translation.

Either way, it's a blessing for most involved(assuming Io's neck heals well) since it'll give the tournament women time to establish themselves without potentially being overshadowed by her arrival. Hopefully it also pushes Stardom quicker down the road to transition into whatever they're going to do next. I know they've got a trainee graduating very soon who's a looker but who knows how capable she is.

Egg0

Banned
Just got back from Transformers. There's a decepticon that's a racist caricature with gold chains and all, but he talks like Hogan. He calls someone "brother" in his first line of dialogue.

Demigods is AJ's best theme tho.

I'm kind of partial to Get Ready to Fly (TNA).

Top Bottom